Game-Labs Forum

Lost All Money. Negative gold

FRAN

21 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Or just open up the "Safe Zones" to a small amount risk...  you could implement a max-BR system...  No more than 50-BR can attack inside the "Safe zone".

Please man, if you enjoy small ships like Privateer its fine but dont push everyone in this direction...

All we need is a reason to leave the safezone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

but still its a bug that u cant earn more than 2,147,483,647 gold.

They need to raise debt ceiling again. Funny how at that number system just goes nuts. Why they did not set ceiling at 100,000,000,000? but  2,147,483,647?:huh: Did they ever think people will not earn that much?

Edited by H2O
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Or bring the values to historical levels.

You mean another 3 months reworking same thing over and over? We used to have low gold income and high prices and that did not work well. 

Edited by H2O

38 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

All we need is a reason to leave the safezone.

Some of the best game designs, Encourage people to play certain way rather than discourage/punish a certain way by enforcing something.

Give people a reason to leave the safe zones by encouraging them.

but this is going off topic abit :) I'll fade into the background again.

also a fun video to watch if anyone is interested....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L8vAGGitr8

Edited by Bloody Hound

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Sorry to say, but the moment a certain fellow found a 3000% profit with Iron Fittings a mere 2 minutes sail it was reported and promptly fixed.

Same with a lot of other economic "shortcuts". Some are intended, some are not. A tester knows when something is not correct and is bound to report it, lest wait for game release.

In any case, let the Devs look upon this bug. 

Right after the wipe when a few of us was making milliions in an hour or two. I popped on EU with my char that hadn't did anything, left it as a rookie pirate and had 4 ships and 4 million in less than 2 hours.  @Ink contacted me and ask how exactly I did it.  I explianed step by step about caputering a Trade brig, doing trade runs in that until I could pay for something bigger to capture a LGV and than doing more trade runs until I was able to buy a Trinc.  I couldn't even crew it yet but next plan was to grind out the xp for that since I had the money.  Like I said 4 ships and 4 million in less than 2-3 hours, but I also knew exactly what to trade and where and such compared to some new players.  After that weekend they put in the first of a few econ hotfix cause we where making money way to fast.  IF some one is dedicated and I asume @FRAN is they can easly make several millions a day with a few trade runs.  Oh and right before the merge I bought a lot of goods on GLOBAL to trade over here. I have yet to cash them in but I bet you I'll make a nice big chunk of change and I don't even have to deliever them, just show up in the port and if it's friendly redeem them or redeem in a close friendly port.

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I'm not sure if he exploited the game, but I am sure you can make such profit during a single month. Nonetheless, stockpiling money is pointless. It's best to invest at least 30-50% of your gold in other goods like ships, shipyards, upgrades, resources etc. Gold value changes very quickly with growing inflation and your ROI grows as well. That's just basics of economy.

We are testers, if there is a problem with the game system they need to know, its a simple question.  Other wise yes some folks can just trade all day long and make milliions upon milions.  THe problem is when they control the market of contracts and no one else can afford to out bid them.  I really wish we could pick which contracts we want to fill.  Cause I know of some alts I would never fill there contracts even though they are the highest bidders on something.

3 hours ago, The Wren said:

And then issue a stern WARNING! :D

I have reported a lot of exploits and never got a warning.  Devs have stated if you report them you can use them until they are fixed.....not that I used exploits either....just might of bent and twisted some very bad game mechanics....lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

LOL, I can't even... I've advocated for it before, green zone trade and production should be taxed so heavily that it's almost a requirement to get outside the green zones at higher levels, or to implement resource gathering locations that pop up outside of green zones, discoverable on coastlines, that allow for trade good and material "production" at much reduced cost in exchange for added risk.

At the very least permanent mods shouldn't get a free ride in teleport as it makes this kind of wealth accumulation extremely easy across alts...

But more than anything else, if you want the economy to work you have to create money sinks so this kind of build-up is impossible. I suspect greatly that most of this wealth was accumulated from easy, high return trade runs and it wasn't an exploit. It's more a function of having too few people, with short runs and green zones, and a smart trader exploiting that.

But as you accumulate such wealth then the costs of protecting it should go up... through bribes, security and warehouse maintenance...

Trading wholly within the green safe zone cannot generate anywhere near that amount of profit, unless he has found some mis-priced items. The green zones are not the issue here.

To tell the truth I find it hard to believe that that amount of money was generated just by trading unless he is using multiple alts. Even with the best profit goods you will struggle to get 1 million profit per Indiaman run (and you will have to sail outside from the green zone to do it), so even if he is making 1 million profit per Indiaman and is running 4 in a fleet, that is 4 million profit per run and those sort of runs are usually at least 30 minutes minimum. so to make that sort of profit he has to have done over 500 runs and that is not even considering the time to find the goods as good profit trade goods are usually snapped up.

I have done a lot of trading outside the safezone and I can say it would take a lot of dedication and multiple alts to generate that sort of profit as well as do PvP and PvE missions to also generate the marks and drops he also has.

I am sure someone will come on and show a run where they have been able to get a bigger profit, but to be able to achieve that consistently is very difficult.

• Like 1

One day...  there appeared a large mass of non-british goods in Saint Anne (or montego I forget)  No idea where it came from, a 4 indiaman fleet could not have delivered it.  I ran it back to kpr over a couple days (and you know how much I play) and made 10 mil+.  Now I play while at work so no cannonfire before 2200 server time, so i trade with that time.  Now it is not easy to turn over millions in a short period of time that I can see in safe zones.  Usually all the items produced in the safezone belong to your nation.  The only time you find goods from other nations is when something strange like happened at Saint Anne, or players just selling their loot at nearest port.  I used to lap jamaica buying this stuff up, but I am not the only one doing it, and lately its not worth it.

Some nations may have other nations goods closer to their safezone than others perhaps, but I have yet to find a 20 minute trip pay off in millions.  Ok closest I have come is by using the euro trader to buy resources and then sell at kpr to try and shoot down some of the ridiculous prices, but that often takes time for the contract to sell out.

Edited by SKurj
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, SKurj said:

One day...  there appeared a large mass of non-british goods in Saint Anne (or montego I forget)  No idea where it came from, a 4 indiaman fleet could not have delivered it.  I ran it back to kpr over a couple days (and you know how much I play) and made 10 mil+.  Now I play while at work so no cannonfire before 2200 server time, so i trade with that time.  Now it is not easy to turn over millions in a short period of time that I can see in safe zones.  Usually all the items produced in the safezone belong to your nation.  The only time you find goods from other nations is when something strange like happened at Saint Anne, or players just selling their loot at nearest port.  I used to lap jamaica buying this stuff up, but I am not the only one doing it, and lately its not worth it.

Some nations may have other nations goods closer to their safezone than others perhaps, but I have yet to find a 20 minute trip pay off in millions.  Ok closest I have come is by using the euro trader to buy resources and then sell at kpr to try and shoot down some of the ridiculous prices, but that often takes time for the contract to sell out.

I can testify this is true, it's usually you outbidding me! :lol:

I agree with Archaos above.  This can only be done in a short time by traveling outside the safe zone and the trips are not short runs.  At least that would be true for the entire eastern third of the map.  And to actually corner the market of high-profit goods you probably would use alts.  But you can make a 1.5 to 2 million profit on a single Indiaman run with at least one trade good.  That's for a one-way trip.  The profit might be less on the way back, but if you had 4 Indias and made 2.5 millions a round trip on each, that's 10 millions total one round trip.  If it's 2 hours round trip and you have the goods stored already you can do multiple a day at that rate.  Just think if you were using multiple computers and simultaneously making such runs.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I don't doubt you or your experience, but you're sort of missing my point.  Right now you make the most profit by bringing goods back to national capitals (which are in side capital safe zones, housed inside green zones). So at least a large portion of that sail in your Indiamen is inside the green zone.

My point was that sure, you can take those lucrative trade goods back to Havana, but you should lose half your profits to taxes, bribes, etc. Instead, take them to Campeche, Cartagena, Nuevo Orleans, San Juan, or Port au Prince (e.g. capturable hubs) where those goods can be sold at much higher margins. If this mechanic was in place, then it would encourage fleeting, PvP, and sheep-dogging, as well as RvR to capture these ports and benefit from the taxes, etc.

This game needs overlapping and reinforcing mechanics that provide content to multiple play styles.

I gave an example in another thread for a run from KPR to Cartegena with a cargo of Textile Machinery, on the day of that example it was one of the most profitable runs I could find and it was equating to a profit of around 750k per Indiaman full. But that run is around an hour and your time in the safe zone is around 5 minutes max, as you would usually depart with a favourable wind. So around 8% of your trip is in the safe zone, so the safe zone is not the issue.

People try to blame it on the safe zone mainly because they want to camp outside the port being able to see every ship that departs. The only advantage the safe zone gives the trader is that the hunters cannot watch every exit from the zone. It means hunters have to work for their prey, study the trade tool and work out where the profitable trades are for that day and set traps for the traders, but most are too lazy they want to sit within sight of the port and then complain when no one comes out.

I did not miss your point, but the point I was trying to make is that to make that much profit the person was not doing runs completely in the safe zone. They may have been doing them in some quiet corner of the map and even if they were trading into or out of a safe zone majority of their time is in unsafe territory.

And as I said I doubt that sort of profit is made solo trade running without some serious time dedicated to it or they are running many alts and even then the sheer work involved in gathering all the materials from different ports is many hours work. I remember once coming across a port that had around 700 madagascar jewels available at a good price (7k if I remember correctly) now usually these can sell for around 30k, so it works out as around 19k profit each when tax is taken into account, nice profit, but it took me a few days to shift the lot and that was using a couple of alts. But the point I am trying to make is that to make that much profit you would have to be doing that daily for many months, which is some dedication. Plus after you get to a certain amount of gold the motivation to make more sort of goes away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SKurj said:

One day...  there appeared a large mass of non-british goods in Saint Anne (or montego I forget)  No idea where it came from, a 4 indiaman fleet could not have delivered it.

Was this recently? if so it could have been redeemed items from the Global server. Anyone with a bit of sense stocked up with items on the Global server before it closed and then redeemed them in the port of delivery on the new server. I still have some stuff on my alts I have not redeemed yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This is just wrong and shows that you're not being very efficient in the way you're moving your goods.  If I was moving three Indiamen filled with the most profitable goods (there are much shorter routes to KPR with textile machines by the by) then all you have to do is move half way towards KPR and then Tow to Port, which would put you in a deep water port within the green zone, from which you can easily scout your way through the green zone to KPR.  

There are so many ways in which trade is completely risk free in this game once you learn the mechanics that it makes the hunting side of the game work completely backwards from the way it should: Higher rank, more profitable traders with large capacities and bank rolls are doing their trading almost completely without risk, while new traders in solo trader brigs, who are just learning the game and its mechanics are the only ones to be preyed on.

And the greatest irony is that when we capture traders, it's almost irrelevant what they're carrying because if I can sink that Indiaman or Trader Brig for 11 or 5 PvP marks and resell those PvP marks for 400k per piece?  LOL, that's a lot more profitable than capturing the ship and/or it's goods and tawdling my way back somewhere to sell them. :rolleyes:

I agree with the points you make here, but it still does not explain how they are making as much money as the op has, and I still do not see how the green zone affects it apart from giving you a few more ports to aim for with tow to port function. You can see on the map your closest port and even without the green zone you would still just make KPR your nearest port before hitting tow to port.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You can't TP to capitals but you can teleport to deep water ports inside the green zone, which almost all long-haul traders carrying anything of value will do.

In any case, the OP clearly has found extremely lucrative runs, likely uses alts, and probably plays a lot.  (Giving him the benefit of the doubt about any other possibilities....) Without a potential exploit he's almost certainly selling stuff in a capital which means that the green zone mechanic is in play. And the fact that people can TP to the green zone with the valuable goods is my point here. 

Green and capital zones should be a much less profitable place to do business and reserved for newbies. We should be encouraging an intersection of the economy and RvR such that those cities where the most profit can be had should be outside of safe zones, period.  If you want to PvE and trade without risk that's great! Do so to your heart's content, it's your game time.  But it should not be anywhere near as profitable as getting outside of the safe zone where ports can be captured and your ships/goods are at risk.

I think you are still missing my point. The trade run I gave as an example was from KPR to Cartegena, so the tow to port would not have been into a green zone. But the main point is that even giving the benefit of doubt it is still highly unlikely that he can make that much money from trading as looking at the screenshot he also does PvP and PvE, I just cannot see where he got the time to make that much without some form of exploit or mistake in the pricing.

I agree that green zones should not be able to generate much profit and maybe they could include ports in the green zone to be excluded from tow to port. Personally I have never used that feature as part of my trading strategy and in general I have found that even the best trades only compare with attacking OW AI fleets in terms of gold per time spent. 

37 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Was this recently? if so it could have been redeemed items from the Global server. Anyone with a bit of sense stocked up with items on the Global server before it closed and then redeemed them in the port of delivery on the new server. I still have some stuff on my alts I have not redeemed yet.

he buys PVP marks for 400k ea

Yes it could well have been a redeem I suppose, don't know why it would not have been redeemed at kpr though.

Sorry for the delay in answering, I have life outside of Naval Action. I will try to answer the questions that I do in a brief way, without detailing much, in order not to spread the content much and so, I publish it.

@admin
Tell us honestly 

Did you exploit somehow or not? And if you did why you did not report it? 

1. I deny doing any illegality that you try to attribute to me. I have not made any changes to files, server attacks or use of third-party applications to obtain a personal or collective benefit. I focused on optimizing the existing mechanisms in the game. Investing a lot of time in TRADE mode.

2. I have reported many bugs that I have detected using F11. Remember, even a bug similar to this, reported one or two days after the wipe of March 2017 (bug, Port Ays - Trade Mission - High reward with negative gold)

To expose my argument, I would like to start from the basics, which is to know the mechanics of the game:

Mode Trade

1. Buy Goods in port (Origin Port) (low price) 
2. Navigating / transporting the goods by ship (time) 
3. Sell goods in another port (high price) 
>>> Benefit = High Price - Low Price

Having these points clear, each player can mark their individual goals, which can be different from the rest of players (buy products of little or greater value, spend a lot or a little time, or sell cheap or expensive), and these strategies change according to experience and interest acquired by the player

Viewing the different responses in the forum, they are summarized in: +Benefit = +time ... -Benefit = -time

Therefore, the variable "TIME" is something to be taken into account. And the question is: How can I get the most benefit in the shortest time?

@Hethwill
Sorry to say, but the moment a certain fellow found a 3000% profit with Iron Fittings a mere 2 minutes sail it was reported and promptly fixed. 

1. I do not usually trade with Iron Fittings, the benefit is very low, except for crafting but it implies a lot of Labor Hours and time. I focus more on GOODS TRADES

2. ¿3000% profit of <ITEM> in 2 minutes?  EASY

To respond to point 2, I want to mention before, some features of the game: (Not created or implemented by me)

• Trade Mission. Commercial missions for the sale of product in a port. Bonuses: + gold, No taxes
  • Trade Tools. Tool to see the quotes of products in different ports, among other things. Bonuses: Quick location / comparison of prices
  • Outpost / Teleport. Outpost, is a port of its own in a city. Teleport, allows you to teleport in different outposts in a short time. Bonus: Save time
  • Trade Ships. Ships destined to the transport of merchandise. Bonuses: Higher load capacity
  • Perks. Skills that a captain has. Bonuses: + Loads or + Boats or etc.

Now, making a mix of all the above, features + experience of the player, i can give answers to the question “How can I get the most benefit in the shortest time?” (from my point of view).

Tips (or exploit according to admins) (Summary)

1. Buy Merchandise in port (Origin Port) (low price)

• Use Trade Tools (search for low prices) 
  • Use Trade Ships + Perks (4x Indiamans - 16000 charge) 

2. Browse / transport the goods by trade ships (time) - Move / Store goods to Outpost, normally, destination port. 

• Use Trade Mission. + Income - Taxes = + Profit

4. New!!!. 

- I want more money?  Repeat point 3
- What? Yes
- How? 

4.1. Build a outpost in the port where the mission is. Take a Mission. 
4.2. Teleport to Destination port 
4.3. In the destination port, you have to have a lot of stored material of the same product (use large fleet). Redeem mission 
4.4. Teleport to Outpost Mission

Answering to @Hethwill   “3000% profit of <ITEM> in 2 minutes?”, with a practical example

URL Screenshoots: https://imgur.com/a/2IZvx

example

An example today (January 29, 2018)
Basic Data:

• Good Trade: Historical Artificial
  • BUY: Tamiagua (46296 gold)
  • SELL: Vera Cruz (138195 gold)
  • Stock Outpost: x31
  • Mission:  x2 . Reward: 314281 gold
  • TAX (unit):      138195 – 10% = 124.375.5    //    46296 – 10% = 41.666.4 

SALE

• Shop Sale:  138195 – 46296 = 91899 gold (-10% = 82709.1) >>>  178 % profit 
  • Mission (unit):  157140.5 – 41666.4 = 115473.6  >>> 277 % profit
  • Con 11 Historical Artifact redeemed (example = x6 misison)
  • Gold = 115473.6 x 11 =  1270209.6 gold  >>> 277 x 11 = 3047 % profit
  • All stock redeemed mission: 15 missions = 3464206 gold   (8310% profit)

TIMES:

• Maximum Time = 120 seconds
  • Teleport Time = 5 seconds
  • Redemed Mission Time = 4 seconds
  • Redemed Total Time = 9 seconds
  • Total Time 3000% profit = 9 x 11 = 99 seconds   (99<120)

@CTC_ClanLeade still its a bug that u cant earn more than 2,147,483,647 gold.

@Hethwill: Absolutely !

Yes, in what time?

Other answers: 

• The items with the greatest benefit are of high added value 
  • I sail in remote areas, outside green areas. My round trips are between 40min -60min. I have been attacked and I have lost ships and merchandise, therefore, there is risk. 
  • I do not use alters in the tradeo of goods

I hope to clarify many questions or questions. I am still aware that there will be who wants more details.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FRAN said:

Sorry for the delay in answering, I have life outside of Naval Action. I will try to answer the questions that I do in a brief way, without detailing much, in order not to spread the content much and so, I publish it.

1. I deny doing any illegality that you try to attribute to me. I have not made any changes to files, server attacks or use of third-party applications to obtain a personal or collective benefit. I focused on optimizing the existing mechanisms in the game. Investing a lot of time in TRADE mode.

2. I have reported many bugs that I have detected using F11. Remember, even a bug similar to this, reported one or two days after the wipe of March 2017 (bug, Port Ays - Trade Mission - High reward with negative gold)

To expose my argument, I would like to start from the basics, which is to know the mechanics of the game:

Mode Trade

1. Buy Goods in port (Origin Port) (low price) 
2. Navigating / transporting the goods by ship (time) 
>>> Benefit = High Price - Low Price

Having these points clear, each player can mark their individual goals, which can be different from the rest of players (buy products of little or greater value, spend a lot or a little time, or sell cheap or expensive), and these strategies change according to experience and interest acquired by the player

Viewing the different responses in the forum, they are summarized in: +Benefit = +time ... -Benefit = -time

Therefore, the variable "TIME" is something to be taken into account. And the question is: How can I get the most benefit in the shortest time?

1. I do not usually trade with Iron Fittings, the benefit is very low, except for crafting but it implies a lot of Labor Hours and time. I focus more on GOODS TRADES

2. ¿3000% profit of <ITEM> in 2 minutes?  EASY

To respond to point 2, I want to mention before, some features of the game: (Not created or implemented by me)

• Trade Mission. Commercial missions for the sale of product in a port. Bonuses: + gold, No taxes
  • Trade Tools. Tool to see the quotes of products in different ports, among other things. Bonuses: Quick location / comparison of prices
  • Outpost / Teleport. Outpost, is a port of its own in a city. Teleport, allows you to teleport in different outposts in a short time. Bonus: Save time
  • Trade Ships. Ships destined to the transport of merchandise. Bonuses: Higher load capacity
  • Perks. Skills that a captain has. Bonuses: + Loads or + Boats or etc.

Now, making a mix of all the above, features + experience of the player, i can give answers to the question “How can I get the most benefit in the shortest time?” (from my point of view).

Tips (or exploit according to admins) (Summary)

1. Buy Merchandise in port (Origin Port) (low price)

• Use Trade Tools (search for low prices) 
  • Use Trade Ships + Perks (4x Indiamans - 16000 charge) 

2. Browse / transport the goods by trade ships (time) - Move / Store goods to Outpost, normally, destination port. 

• Use Trade Mission. + Income - Taxes = + Profit

4. New!!!. 

- I want more money?  Repeat point 3
- What? Yes
- How? 

4.1. Build a outpost in the port where the mission is. Take a Mission. 
4.2. Teleport to Destination port 
4.3. In the destination port, you have to have a lot of stored material of the same product (use large fleet). Redeem mission 
4.4. Teleport to Outpost Mission

Answering to @Hethwill   “3000% profit of <ITEM> in 2 minutes?”, with a practical example

URL Screenshoots: https://imgur.com/a/2IZvx

example

An example today (January 29, 2018)
Basic Data:

• Good Trade: Historical Artificial
  • BUY: Tamiagua (46296 gold)
  • SELL: Vera Cruz (138195 gold)
  • Stock Outpost: x31
  • Mission:  x2 . Reward: 314281 gold
  • TAX (unit):      138195 – 10% = 124.375.5    //    46296 – 10% = 41.666.4 

SALE

• Shop Sale:  138195 – 46296 = 91899 gold (-10% = 82709.1) >>>  178 % profit 
  • Mission (unit):  157140.5 – 41666.4 = 115473.6  >>> 277 % profit
  • Con 11 Historical Artifact redeemed (example = x6 misison)
  • Gold = 115473.6 x 11 =  1270209.6 gold  >>> 277 x 11 = 3047 % profit
  • All stock redeemed mission: 15 missions = 3464206 gold   (8310% profit)

TIMES:

• Maximum Time = 120 seconds
  • Teleport Time = 5 seconds
  • Redemed Mission Time = 4 seconds
  • Redemed Total Time = 9 seconds
  • Total Time 3000% profit = 9 x 11 = 99 seconds   (99<120)

Yes, in what time?

Other answers: 

• The items with the greatest benefit are of high added value 
  • I sail in remote areas, outside green areas. My round trips are between 40min -60min. I have been attacked and I have lost ships and merchandise, therefore, there is risk. 
  • I do not use alters in the tradeo of goods

I hope to clarify many questions or questions. I am still aware that there will be who wants more details.

I understand most of your explanation and it is something I have done myself to maximise profits while at the same time levelling my alts in crafting and xp. One day I was lucky enough to get missions that allowed me to complete it over 50 times by teleporting back and forth which is over 2500 craft xp while making good profit.

The one thing I do not see in your explanation is the amount of time it took you to get the 31 Historical artifacts to Vera Cruz as for items like that I seldom see more than a few for sale at a time in any port, so although the buy price was good in Tamiagua were you able to buy all 31 items there or did you have to get some from other ports or do you buy and store in speculation waiting for the missions to come up? I was starting to look into doing something like that on the global server, but never got round to looking properly into the mission patterns, if there was one.

When I had a good run it took me about 5 hours to ship all the items to Belize and I had to gather them at various ports from Bonacca to Black River and along that coast. The issue I found was that although that was a good day and I made over 10 million profit, doing that day in day out would burn me out, which is why I was skeptical that anyone could get so much gold from trading. Once you have enough to buy anything you want in game dosent the motivation to make more go away?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SKurj said:

Look at his warehouse.. looks like he stocks up on everything :)

This maybe easily 'fixed' by forcing a player to actually buy the item after they accept the mission, as much as I hate it, I don't see how else to prevent this.

Better they remove trading at all, would also fix a lot of other issues :ph34r: with trading and eco other stuff, admin proved with his question that they dont have a clue of what they have implemented there ... :( 

An other exemple is Trade Route MT -> AtWood - build an Outpost at Atwood, take some indiamans and bring the needed goods to atwood and than just teleport from MT to Atwood, taking 3 Missions, teleport back and fullfill the misson.

No, not teleporting is broken.

Edited by CTC_ClanLeader

18 hours ago, H2O said:

They need to raise debt ceiling again. Funny how at that number system just goes nuts. Why they did not set ceiling at 100,000,000,000? but  2,147,483,647?:huh: Did they ever think people will not earn that much?

Ever heard of an integer limit? They just hit that.

18 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Or bring the values to historical levels.

Current wealth accumulation is an issue due to economy not running well. The issue is an inflation, which increases prices of unique upgrades, PvP marks and rare books. As a result, old players with lots of cash can afford those upgrades, while new ones can't. There should be some other money sink which doesn't change statistics of the game - like eg. paints, or town name change, which would lower amount of gold people have, and thus inflation.

@vazco Totally get it, but let's look at proper trade values for the age. A simple freight, pretty typical for the era. Nothing major like expensive luxuries ( which freight services weren't given to individual captains but to trading companies ). Now tell me we don't have something really odd when we make thousands and thousands of pounds in one similar freight.

Funny part is that, in the steady run, trade was more consistent profits than navy service. That's how odd our things are, when a officer pay, not prize capture, just simple allowance and his service done ( mission ) can be many times above trade.

unknown.png

unknown.png

image.png.c02190f960a95f35380b2aa9565848ac.png

41 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

The entire trading goods is something I hate and always opposed. What we need traders to do is trade cannons, repairs, ship building materials, but at the moment it's not as profitable as some trade goods that no one needs and they give income of millions gold. I killed yesterday @Mear O'Breannen 4 indiamen, all of his trade goods went down to the bottom of the sea. If that was teak or other useful stuff, then maybe I would bother to haul it to port.

I agree that trade goods just for the sake of making money from trading from and to NPC's is a bad economy, but there is very little profit in trading crafting goods as once you hit a certain price it is not worth people buying them, and coupled with the fact that there is not a ready market as you have to list them at a certain port and the sale is not instant or guaranteed and unless people visit that port there is no way to know if the item is for sale there. You could make and put cannons up for sale in a port and they do not get sold, costing you money, or someone could see your listing and undercut you by 1g. You do not get that with NPC traders, you have an instant sale and a profit that can be calculated right away. This is why trading in NPC trade goods will always be more profitable for the trader.

I have suggested several times that they bring in a requirement for trade goods as part of port upkeep costs, at least that would create some other reason for these goods to exist and a reason to transport them to various ports, but they do not seem interested in such a system.

One of the biggest issues in the game is that there are no gold sinks. Normally in a game the only way to make money is by trading or capturing loot that can be sold. But in NA you make money by trading, you make money doing PvE and you make money doing PvP (by PvP marks), so there is no gold sink unless you are very bad at all aspects of the game.

Having seen the OP's explanation I am more inclined to believe he has done it legitimately, but I still think it would take an awful lot of time and dedication and sheer boredom to get there.