Game-Labs Forum

I think you should rather encourage people to show up for a pb, than to punish them for not showing up!

That could be done like the following (a blend of recently proposed ideas by @vazco, @Slim Jimmerson and myself in another thread - sorry if I forgot anyone!):

- grant VMs to people participating in pbs and screening actions, not (just) to the top three nations / REWARD RvR activity rather than the pure possession of ports

AND to make exploits as complicated and time consuming as it could get, you should imo grant VMs only if ...

- battles have actually been fought (pb or screening battle - the latter would be a battle close to the concerned pb; close in both, time and space)

- a certain number of ships has, or fleets with a certain BR have been engaged in these battles

- ships / fleets engaged have been from the attacking and defending nations (too)

- a certain amount of damage has been dealt in these battles

@admin and @Ink: What do you think about such a system!?

Wouldn‘t it be more fair to the smaller nations too!?

And would it be possible to realize it?

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

I think you should rather encourage people to show up for a pb, than to punish them for not showing up!

That could be done like the following (a blend of recently proposed ideas by @vazco, @Slim Jimmerson and myself in another thread - sorry if I forgot anyone!):

- grant VMs to people participating in pbs and screening actions, not (just) to the top three nations / REWARD RvR activity rather than the pure possession of ports

AND to make exploits as complicated and time consuming as it could get, you should imo grant VMs only if ...

- battles have actually been fought (pb or screening battle - the latter would be a battle close to the concerned pb; close in both, time and space)

- a certain number of ships has, or fleets with a certain BR have been engaged in these battles

- ships / fleets engaged have been from the attacking and defending nations (too)

- a certain amount of damage has been dealt in these battles

@admin and @Ink: What do you think about such a system!?

Wouldn‘t it be more fair to the smaller nations too!?

And would it be possible to realize it?

I would like to see something like this. However, rewards of this sort always end up being farmed so its really tricky.  Before the conquest mark system changed nations were swapping ports to increase their conquest points and leader board position to get top three VM. 

VM marks are so valuable that people would gladly sacrifice a shop bought fourth or fifth rate in a PB to gain/exchange VM with an ally.

Buster (hoe hoe hoe)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

To remove the shenanigans from pbs like hiding in battles, 'fake' flipping a port etc. this could work:

PBs to become lobbies  ala 'fleet practice' with 2 stages. You queue your ships up before the battle is about to happen, you cannot withdraw a ship, if you don't show up and your side loses the battle, the ship is forfeit. If one side doesn't queue up for this there is no silly empty port battles, automatic win/loss.

phase 1: light ships (frigates etc) - approach/scouting phase, points for successfully completing this stage, any nation can join on either side

phase 2: heavy ships, actual port battle, any nation can join on either side

The same could be done for hostility - the attacker announces intent to 'flip' a port, the defender has a certain amount of time to respond. If the attacker wins, they get to attack the port.

21 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

To remove the shenanigans from pbs like hiding in battles, 'fake' flipping a port etc. this could work:

PBs to become lobbies  ala 'fleet practice' with 2 stages. You queue your ships up before the battle is about to happen, you cannot withdraw a ship, if you don't show up and your side loses the battle, the ship is forfeit. If one side doesn't queue up for this there is no silly empty port battles, automatic win/loss.

phase 1: light ships (frigates etc) - approach/scouting phase, points for successfully completing this stage, any nation can join on either side

phase 2: heavy ships, actual port battle, any nation can join on either side

The same could be done for hostility - the attacker announces intent to 'flip' a port, the defender has a certain amount of time to respond. If the attacker wins, they get to attack the port.

So why do we have OW if you want to do it lobby based? 

• Like 1

This is the failure of having instanced combat in the game and the dual nature of the world - in battle or in OW. All kinds of crap tactics can be employed simply because of it.

Edited by Le Raf Boom

2 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

I would like to see something like this. However, rewards of this sort always end up being farmed so its really tricky.  Before the conquest mark system changed nations were swapping ports to increase their conquest points and leader board position to get top three VM. 

VM marks are so valuable that people would gladly sacrifice a shop bought fourth or fifth rate in a PB to gain/exchange VM with an ally.

Buster (hoe hoe hoe)

Than give VM to captains ...

1. who participated at least in one pb recently (coquest competition for every weeks turn, like now)

2. whose nation reaches the top 3 to 5 in a RvR-activity-score list (VMs distributed: three to the 1st, two to the 2nd and one to the places three to maybe five) .

Score list:

RvR-activity could grant points to a nation like that:

- Every time a nation raises hostility of an enemy port they get 0,25 points

- Every time a nation fights a screening or port battle they get 1 point

- Every time a nation wins a screening battle they get 0,5 extra points

- Every time a nation wins a pb they get 1 extra point

That would make farming VMs quite strenous at least!

PS: This idea was basicly posted recently by @Slim Jimmerson in another thread!

PS2: To make this as fair as possible for smaller nations, devs would need to reduce the thickness of 1st rates drastically to almost the point of 2nd and 3rd rate i think.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

What comes to my mind now is:

The above mentioned system would highly favour nations with a huge player base! 😕

So to fix this, devs would somehow need to relate the activities of a nations active captains to thier numbers.

Maybe like the following:

1. number of RvR actions (hostility 100%, screening battles like defined in a post of mine above, pbs) divided with the number of active players during a weeks turn = a certain factor.

2. Multiply RvR-activity score (see post directly above) with the factor = final score for the conquest competition list

What do you think?

Edited by Navalus Magnus