Game-Labs Forum

Fix the hiding in battles already

But then you have a new problem. If the PB fleet is tagged by screeners, even if some or all of them managed to escape, they would be unable to join the PB, and would be tagged again by screeners.

It has happened to me before, some screener gets a bad tag, I'm able to leave the battle after 2.5 minutes, and I am able to join the PB. 

4 hours ago, BPHick said:

@admin , literally everyone complains about this. Enforce the join timer for PB's so people stop this BS move of hiding in battles so they can't be screened from PB's. You say you want PvP, this is literally allowing the opposite of PvP. Fix it already!

Is pvp in the pb not pvp?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Is pvp outside not pvp?

With hiding you need not even 25 people restricting gameplay to a smaller group and less organization.

Without hiding you include everyone possible aswell as other nations

Hm when pb fleet gets screened the defender fleet is useless therefore wasting their time.

So in my opinion screening is the fake feature ;-)

All I see is asking for I win by numbers.

I would have no issue when the defender fleet would screen but that's mostly never the case. They sit in empty pbs.

Edited by z4ys

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

I ask for proper rvr and no elite arenagame

If devs dont like screening aswell they should implement a lobby and not let the hiding exploit ingame

Maybe hiding in battle is their fix ;-) I mean it's in since forever.

2 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Battles around a contested port (a port that has a Port Battle Set) should remain open. This should continue until the Port battle is fought and the hostility has ended.

35 minutes ago, rediii said:

Its a fakefeature because they will just sail downwind for 10 Minutes and if you join after you have no chance to gain on them.

Well RedNecks idea could at least be implemented in such a way, that a battle, close to a pb (both, in time and space), stayed visible for others the whole time it lasts, even if it was full and thus closed.

That would at least give enemys some hint and warning as to where danger could come from.

But your idea @rediii with an extra „can‘t join pb“ timer, lasting 2 minutes after every battle, might be an even better solution.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

I rather would fight the Pb as attacker or defender than a boring try to run away screening battle.

Because for the attacker it's all about to leave the screening. The Pb in the other hand is all about fighting and therefore more quality.

Again all I see is asking for winning by numbers - who has the biggest screening fleet.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

and btw that biggest screening fleet thing is not dvdn how it works.

If someone of you gets tagged he can just join PB. Or you can come from a differenct angle to the PB or just pay/ask a other clan to help.

What would happen in a lobby/hiding based gameplay is 1-2 groups dominating 2400BR ports and the same in every other port.

It's already hiding based and I don't see any clan dominating 2400br ports.

Imo screening adds to the excitements of pb and shouldn‘t be removed:

If you‘d just have the pbs without the possibility of screening there would, by average, be less people involved in fighting I think.

That would be a sad thing - look to the amazing battles of the last days `round Cartagena, with screening and pb fights!

Granted: With screening enabled empty pb can happen - players showing up for a fight could get frustrated.

But this also happens without screening because some just don‘t  show up.

BUT screening should be transparent / fair and not be done by hiding in battles!

Edited by Navalus Magnus

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Its not hidingbased. Only because some nations do it not everyone is doing it.

2400BR ports are not dominated atm because not many nations go for them. I would be interested in a swedish vs russian 2400BR pb atm for example.

We have different views how the game should be and thats fine, but can you tell me why we should keep hiding and not push for lobbys?

Current Frankenstein system still brings people together. Just need time for the parties to figure out that red means red and not friend. Game would be more enjoyable if people wouldn't restrict themselves from content by making deals. 

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

I cant attack someone hiding in a battle if I want or not

Btw what you wrote just shows that you are not into RvR but you are into pvp. Theres a difference. Diplomacy is part of rvr and makes it interesting

Could say the same: You are in rvr which means no pvp ;-) Makes senses that you want empty pbs and winning by mass numbers.

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, rediii said:

RvR is also pvp, pvp is no rvr.

In RvR more things are involved, also softskills to gather a lot of people and training these people increasing the average skilllevel of a big fleet.

PvP is only about pvp and skills in pvp.

If you would know me Im all up for not empty portbattles. You actually see that even in the lord protector leaderboard, im not present for a reason.

I also dont want to hide in battles becahse the mechanic is broken. Just fix it in one direction or the other and its fine. If not players leave the game because a invasion force came trough a black hole

then people will leave because they cant do/ get to pbs. So regardless of the pov we still get the same result.

Just now, BPHick said:

not necessarily, some PB's are against neutral ports or against undefended ports, but it is still desirable for an interested 3rd party to screen for them.

who would hide vs AI :D

If you can't hide numbers win out every time. 

Stop being lazy, post a scout outside a Pb 1.5 hours before and watch for the attacking fleet. Attack that fleet as it tries to hide. The enemy fleet needs to hide close to the Pb so it will be easy to see and get to. Go in and sink a few and suddenly you won the Pb.

You will get two big back to back battles for the price of 1 Pb. 

20 hours ago, Flinch said:

If you can't hide numbers win out every time. 

Stop being lazy, post a scout outside a Pb 1.5 hours before and watch for the attacking fleet. Attack that fleet as it tries to hide. The enemy fleet needs to hide close to the Pb so it will be easy to see and get to. Go in and sink a few and suddenly you won the Pb.

You will get two big back to back battles for the price of 1 Pb. 

you have no idea how anything works, do you? 

• Like 1

solution :

visible swords.... 1.5 hour before port battle and after battle( when a pb is in progress)

(hostile environment Area)

also make it joinable for everyone 

Edited by Thonys