Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming Patch

2 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

If all npc's can be capped, does that mean that noteships will be removed from the game?

After all, you don't need them anymore, if you want a ship you can go and capture an npc-lifeboat?

Quote:

"all npc ships will become capturable (with special debuff making them useless in pvp but still keeping the great quality for pve)"

Granted, I'm curious about what it is. Some good suggestions have been given about this which do not interfere with the PvP at all.

24 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Granted, I'm curious about what it is. Some good suggestions have been given about this which do not interfere with the PvP at all.

This will be a dramatic change as a last capture test before release finish line

All ships can be captured from the NPCs (awesome for pve players).
But those NPC captured ships will be mostly useless in PVP (on both sides) due to 2 things

• Mast/Sail huge debuff (bots dont shoot sails)
  • BR of 1 (no rewards whatsoever for them) which will clearly identify them in the open world, also removing any attacking capability 

Slaughtering sheeps dynamics will change significantly and we believe to the better.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, admin said:

This will be a dramatic change as a last capture test before release finish line

But those NPC captured ships will be mostly useless in PVP (on both sides) due to 2 things

• BR of 1 (no rewards whatsoever for them) which will clearly identify them in the open world.

I recently expirenced that players use basic cutters to transport their treasures. Not because they are cheap the reason is while they think that people dont attack them when using a ship that offers no reward.

So what will be done to keep at least a bit of eco war in the game? will it only be possible to place repairs into the hold?

Is it possible for the 1 BR ships to join pbs?

Asking because you could bring 25 santis in a 2400BR pb while enemy can bring just 4 bucs and 2 wasas (old BR system). At this point it wouldnt matter that the masts of the santis are weak.

Do the ships share the same knowlegde between pvp and pve ships and get the same exceptional ow loot?

Asking because you could lvl/grind your slots kind safe vs OW AI fleets with exceptional loot by risking nothing

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, admin said:

• BR of 1 (no rewards whatsoever for them) which will clearly identify them in the open world, also removing any attacking capability 

Slaughtering sheeps dynamics will change significantly and we believe to the better.

Ah at last. voices has been heard. When is that big patch? 2 weeks? UI ready? 

I would add tag 'Neutral' to NPC capped ships. This will be easily recognized. 

Edited by H2O

41 minutes ago, admin said:

Could we get a cheap port refit to remove the debuff from captured Frigates and 6th Rates?

NPC ships are already mostly Fir/Crew Space, so they don't need any more punishment. We also don't need any more barriers to PvP. Low-cost throwaway ships have always been a great way to learn.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, maturin said:

Could we get a cheap port refit to remove the debuff from captured Frigates and 6th Rates?

NPC ships are already mostly Fir/Crew Space, so they don't need any more punishment. We also don't need any more barriers to PvP. Low-cost throwaway ships have always been a great way to learn.

you still have store bought ships, very cheap, and you can see the build ahead of time. 

3 minutes ago, maturin said:

Dont ask to make crafter even more worthless. Dont you see its something for our crafting guys.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

all npc ships will become capturable (with special debuff making them useless in pvp but still keeping the great quality for pve)

Please make sure they can't be used as fire ships, in hostility generation or in PB's.

Making some ships not give PvP rewards is somewhat controversial. Those ships definitely shouldn't allow you to get PvP rewards if you sink someone in them as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EliteDelta said:

you still have store bought ships, very cheap, and you can see the build ahead of time. 

Buying a ship in a store is no fun.

Capturing a ship is fun. It teaches you important skills and earns you rewards.

Dont ask to make crafter even more worthless. Dont you see its something for our crafting guys.

Crafters have been totally worthless for months now, because we have PvP mark ships. Until that's changed, it's pointless ever even remembering that crafters exist.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, admin said:

Excellent idea. I like that a lot. If someone is only interested in PvE with their captured 1st rate, this is a great way for everyone to see they aren't worth attacking.

7 minutes ago, maturin said:

3 minutes ago, maturin said:

You should try out captureing a player ship. Its even more fun.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, maturin said:

I agree, you can still practice capturing AI ships, just don't bother using them for PvP.
My point is cheap 5th and 6th rates aren't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, admin said:

so we will see 25x npc capped santis in PBs of 2400 BR?

58 minutes ago, admin said:

I'm not sure I like BR 1, look at the Basic cutter, even though it can't start PvP it is sitll being abused by joining low level missions and other things.  Basic cutter should not be a ship you can just jump into, with the return to closes Outpost added when you get sink you should only be able to use a basic cutter if you have no other combat ships in your docks (leave out trade ships).   Just like how POTBS had fallback ships up to a certain level.

Now what I would do with AI ships is have them only have 1-2 perm slots instead of 3 and have the only 3 Ship Knowledge slots.   I would not make them BR 1 cause folks can than use them to run things that are important thinking they won't get tagged or they will use them to annoy folks or join battles if it's going to be limited like the Basic cutters.  Maybe give half BR of the parent ship for rewards of it being sunk.  Other wise I'll take my 1 BR ship with a group of other players and get crazy PvP marks by singing low level players in them.  Cause if I sink some one in a basic cutter I still get rewards they just don't get any rewards.  So don't go to the no risk high reward thing again we had issues with basic cutters in the past.   

Now what I would do along with the slot limit on it is make them like the POTBS flallbacks.  captured ai ships have reduced stats from a built ship.  Hell just make all captured ships Oak/Oak Not a big fan of crewspace, but Oak/Crewspace could work too.  You can still grind AI with that, but it's crap to use for any PvP.  And mark them all so every one knows the player is in an AI ship...maybe just put the tag *BASIC* on there ship names in OW or some other mark. 

Navy Brig (B)  would be what some would see for a ship that is AI captured as the B would stand for basic ship.

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

well BR of 1 should block them from joining. 2400 BR ports only allow BR 75 - 650 in.

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

The one solution for that is capped ships can't be brought into PB's, but I kinda don't like this cause I think we should be able to use what ever we can.  Maybe have them keep there BR for tag purpose and PB entery but they have reduced BR for them to start PvP battles of there own.

22 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The one solution for that is capped ships can't be brought into PB's, but I kinda don't like this cause I think we should be able to use what ever we can.  Maybe have them keep there BR for tag purpose and PB entery but they have reduced BR for them to start PvP battles of there own.

PBs controlled by clans and clans reject any useless ships and players. Think what you are writing I thought you know this. If you bring NPC capped ship to PB you will see rotten tomatoes fly in your face. Port battles use only the best and most active ships and players. Bringing NPC capped ship to PB with paper thin masts will jeopardize the whole operation and you will be called a traitor. SO, just leave it be and let new guys enjoy this smart new feature. 

Capturing NPC ships is a big + to all who left the game and enjoyed safe game environment. Guys who like to just go pop few fleets and go do Econ can no longer care about being sunk and loose everything. 

Edited by H2O

Just now, H2O said:

safe game environment. 

Just keep it out of PVP nations. Its gotten in the way as it is with greenzones killing the economy aspects of hitting a nations waters. Really tired of the attitude that PVP should only achieve in 1.removing the player of his ship) and 2. gaining PVP marks)

Where's the world around it?

7 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Just keep it out of PVP nations. Its gotten in the way as it is with greenzones killing the economy aspects of hitting a nations waters. Really tired of the attitude that PVP should only achieve in 1.removing the player of his ship) and 2. gaining PVP marks)

Where's the world around it?

You can practice pvp on players. Do you even read Admins post? Ships will not reward you with anything if you sink it and the baby seal who you killed will be angry at you and will call you on public chat - babyseal clubber. This will let all other players know that this famous pvp player fell that low. Unlike in real ship, baby seal will go and cap another ship and will continue his activities. Today when you kill a baby seal he can't afford to restore his loss and simply quit the game. Don't stress too much, NPC ship cap will maintain healthy numbers and will add new pvpers to our list. 

Edited by H2O

13 minutes ago, H2O said:

PBs controlled by clans and clans reject any useless ships and players. Think what you are writing I though you know this. Capturing NPC ships is a big + to all who left the game and enjoyed safe game environment. 

Here's a short anarchist's manual for you:

1. Attack Cartagena with 25 fireship "PvE" 1st rates and blow up enemy's 1sts, just to see them scream
  2. Attack a 2400 BR port with 22 PvE 1st rates and 3 standard ones
  3. Use 1BR ships to enter hostility missions and blow yourself up. Mix normal 1st rates with "PvE" 1sts
  4. Equip 1st rate in a way that it can still be a support ship in PvP, and enter PvP missions sometimes in a standard 1st, sometimes in a "PvE" first. This way you can get marks without any risks, and denying marks to enemy
  5. capture a trader and trade in a ship that doesn't give enemy PvP marks (as noone is interested in cargo itself)
  6. ...more ideas coming in :)
Edited by vazco