Game-Labs Forum

France declares war on the Kingdom of Great Britain

Comeonche

3 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Je dresse une liste de volontaires Espagnols, une glorieuse époque semble arriver !!

French players said on chat that this war is between GB and France when swedish players showed up to get some pvp. They don't want other nations to interfere.

4 hours ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Poor spantard. You arrive late, as always. France is going to surrender soon.

I would pay to read the frog's chat after the loss of Cano Araguao.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have any gold, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you tell me your in-game name now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will sink you.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Thanks to the few Dutchs who came to help at the El Toco screen, when some Russian and Polish captains choose to fight side by side with the Swedes and  Brits... 

Not sure what fight you're talking about.

In this battle it was quite the opposite from what you are telling. But I had to leave after that one so maybe the tide turned :D

8CF3B431B4686A3438828EF2A3DF378C9AB19585

Edited by Guest

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

You are, all of you, a bunch of ungrateful bastards.

You will regret this day.

Mr. Pink Flower.... you are possibly, the worst thing that has happened in these forums since I read them more than two years ago ...

Mr Pink Flower, the only bastard here are you.

Edit: Good luck to all.

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya
  • Like 3

Nah I trust them. We have had a couple good fights against the brits. Good sportsmanship on there side. 

We actually had eye on a french port, just to get a fight against some good old friends. Never a complain from them. But that have to wait a bit. They should have there war fore themself.

As long the rest of us can holdoure greasy hands to oure self, U do  think it will be a good and clean war.

Edited by staun

9 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Thanks to the few Dutchs who came to help at the El Toco screen, when some Russian and Polish captains choose to fight side by side with the Swedes and  Brits... 

It was an incredible few hours. It seemed like every nation was represented -- some nations perhaps even fighting for both sides of the primary combatants. On Dutch TS we were trying to figure out who was joining whom.

Anyway, I enjoyed joining up with the French. It was the first time I'd faced @Liq in battle. And even tho he spanked our small frigate force in his Bellona, at least I didn't die.

Many good fights in those waters yesterday. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Batman said:

French players said on chat that this war is between GB and France when swedish players showed up to get some pvp. They don't want other nations to interfere.

I exactly said that when a nation come disturb RvR between two other nations, then they do not pvp but RvR, and RvR don't have same rules. In RvR  you have to choose a side or stay away. 

For me only allies can come in an RvR area to attack players. Players "foreign to this war" should not interfere in it.

Yesterday there were not only Swedish players, I saw Polish, Russian and pirates ... all these players had nothing for me to do there. If they want to attack French or English when they do RvR, then they make a declaration of war.

I didn't like what happened, Many players came to hunt like coward vultures during French and British has only one goal, defend or take El Toco. 

Actually this war is only between France and Great Britain, but...... France have friends and Great Britain has enemies..... Nobody knows how future is done. 

RvR is not supposed to be a PvP open bar for everybody. If it become like that, then soon RvR will be dead...........

Edited by Comeonche
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Comeonche said:

I exactly said that when a nation come disturb RvR between two other nations, then they do not pvp but RvR, and RvR don't have same rules. In RvR  you have to choose a side or stay away. 

For me only allies can come in an RvR area to attack players. Players "foreign to this war" should not interfere in it.

Yesterday there were not only Swedish players, I saw Polish, Russian and pirates ... all these players had nothing for me to do there. If they want to attack French or English when they do RvR, then they make a declaration of war.

I didn't like what happened, Many players came to hunt like coward vultures during French and British has only one goal, defend or take El Toco. 

Actually this war is only between France and Great Britain, but...... France have friends and Great Britain has enemies..... Nobody knows how future is done. 

RvR is not supposed to be a PvP open bar for everybody. If it become like that, then soon RvR will be dead...........

For me.. All that matter is the battle.. To hear the drums of the cannonballs rikochetting off the side of my steel hulls (well let's face it - 104 inch thick sides and 89,4 inch ass is pretty much a steel wall) and when I sink my teeth into the still beating hearth of some unforsaken soul that manages to let out a quiet whisp "but...but... it's RvR... there are rules".. I cannot help give a silent laugh of quiet satisfaction as I continue sinking his mates in my glorious PvP engagement!

Call it a declaration of war, call it bloodlust.. I simply do not care - as long as I get to kill someone..

The beauty of the sandbox is everyone can show up with a shovel and have some fun.  Cartagena will most likely involve 5+ nations tomorrow and most of them will be against Russia.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  Everyone is entitled to get their own slice of the pie and the more people involved in port battles is more people having fun overall, which this game desperately needs.   

If you want a PB simulator go play legends.  

PS - if you want Russian help down in the bottom corner of the map...help tomorrow at Carta will not go unnoticed.  Just saying....   

Come get some.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

I think what Comeonche wanted to say, is that now that no alliance is official in game, any third party nation can join any side of a battle at any moment, and it makes no sense to team up with a foreign captain who joined your side because you had the biggest br, then as soon as the battle end, he tag you or join the other side as a purely opportunistic way to grab some pvp marks. It's really painfull when  around a pb you can't tell who is on you side or not, this leads into tons of pvp for sure, but this reduce the planning and strategic aspect we can expect. 

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I think what Comeonche wanted to say, is that now that no alliance is official in game, any third party nation can join any side of a battle at any moment, and it makes no sense to team up with a foreign captain who joined your side because you had the biggest br, then as soon as the battle end, he tag you or join the other side as a purely opportunistic way to grab some pvp marks. It's really painfull when  around a pb you can't tell who is on you side or not, this leads into tons of pvp for sure, but this reduce the planning and strategic aspect we can expect. 

thanks Baptiste that's exactly what I think.

• Like 2

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:44 PM, Otto Kohl said:

I'm gonna upload the vid tommorow. Basically we lost due to points. French lost La Ocean and Wasa, we lost a Mortar Brig. We had a bad approach due to wind and screenees, so our mortar brig was unable to gain points for us. We were sitting on French heads but they played better with circles.

Glad to know that screening could disturb your approach enough! :)  At least, enough for me...

The screen battles were very fun too. The one in which I fought opposed 11 British captains to 19 French captains, but the Brits were heavier (3 Victories, 3 Bucs and 1 St Pavel) than Frenchs (2 Bucs), the rest being 3rd rates and lower. A very good fight, I hope Brits appreciated!

Screen%20El%20Toco%20-%202018-01-27_zpsg

Sorry, I don't have the final screen, I had to leave after 40 min (IRL concern)...

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 4

Who will be your ally in the fight for your shallow outpost? We surely both can agree that Britain has the clear superiority in shallow water, and unless you attack ports later where british numbers are lower you lack a real chance. The deep water battles have been entertaining to watch, they seem to not be unbalanced. I couldn’t attend due to time problems