Game-Labs Forum

New ship tv serie The Terror

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Heh, it's the reunion of Julius Caesar and Brutus!

Question to all producers, though...

That one shot at 0:25 probably cost you thousands of dollars and a huge amount of man hours by a professional CGI studio. And you don't spend even a tiny bit of effort getting the sails to look right?

Who ARE these people in ShowBiz who control the purse strings or deploy costly digital art programs, and rather than navigate to Google freakin' Images and copy a random painting, they just try to eyeball everything? Imagine if the next FPS game to come out expected its designers to render an M16 or an Abrams tank by memory, without visual aids?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rickard said:

wow, this looks amazing!! there are so many good actors

Reminds me of a good movie taking place on a ship with  Bill Nighy, The Boat That Rocked, based on a a true story

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1131729/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maturin said:

Heh, it's the reunion of Julius Caesar and Brutus!

Question to all producers, though...

That one shot at 0:25 probably cost you thousands of dollars and a huge amount of man hours by a professional CGI studio. And you don't spend even a tiny bit of effort getting the sails to look right?

Who ARE these people in ShowBiz who control the purse strings or deploy costly digital art programs, and rather than navigate to Google freakin' Images and copy a random painting, they just try to eyeball everything? Imagine if the next FPS game to come out expected its designers to render an M16 or an Abrams tank by memory, without visual aids?

no, it's a reunion of Edmure Tully and Mance Rayder.  (GOT was a reunion of Julius Caesar and Brutus)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rickard said:

YEAH indeed! I loved HBO's "Rome", fantastic series.

Unfortunately they cut it short with 2 seasons.  Future seasons could've had a lot of potential.  It was a bit risqué but still very captivating series.

7 hours ago, CaptainSparcklesss said:

I really want to watch another sailing ship combat like ADMIRAL or Black Sails . 

Admiral was a very good movie, agreed.

• Like 1

The book was a very good read, the cast ain't bad...looking forward to the series.

I really wonder how they portray the monster, tho.

On a side note, the HMS Terror in the trailer looks a lot like the real thing (except the rigging) would have, including the stupidly thick wales.

• Like 1