Game-Labs Forum

Problem with combat missions 7th rate

MANTISS

Today I lost my snow, so I need to collect gold for another. I took combat mission (7th rate-the easiest one) and went here with a basic cutter. But bot there have brig (6th rate) and I CAN'T kill him. Can't buy something to deliever too. Help me pls.

3 minutes ago, Odol said:

It should have been a "Rookie Brig" which is pretty easy to kill in a basic cutter. 

It is there because it is a bigger target than another cutter and has a few more guns but not much more powerful, and actually slower.

Ok.. I'll try again. Thx for answer.

I agree that low tiers combat missions are too strong for newcomers, i've tried to help one few days ago, remember that new players don't know anything about perks or woods, maybe even about the structure and repair kits system, i don't even talk about manual sailing or basic sailing... 

When i see Liquicity talking about 3 doubleshots broadsides, it make me smile. Last noob i helped had only rig repairs and was in a fir / crewspace  priv  because he though that was a larger and better ship than the "basic" cutter, he didn't even knew how to differenciate a bot from a player.

I don't even talk about fleet missions i tried to do with him where we faced aproximativly 12 ships, i was not aware of such radical changes. Even 6th rate single combat missions now make me face 2 rookie brig and one rookie snow while 1st rate missions make me face only one Santi at max, i think the difficulty curve is completely wrong.

7th rate combat missions should only face something like 1 or 2 gunboats or luggers, or boats/ships with only one central carronade or swivels. It was the usual first step to level up and discover the game, being sunk repeatedly in those missions may prepare them for being sunk repeatedly in pvp, but most of them will not even stay long enough to understand that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I agree that low tiers combat missions are too strong for newcomers, i've tried to help one few days ago, remember that new players don't know anything about perks or woods, maybe even about the structure and repair kits system, i don't even talk about manual sailing or basic sailing... 

When i see Liquicity talking about 3 doubleshots broadsides, it make me smile. Last noob i helped had only rig repairs and was in a fir / crewspace  priv  because he though that was a larger and better ship than the "basic" cutter, he didn't even knew how to differenciate a bot from a player.

I don't even talk about fleet missions i tried to do with him where we faced aproximativly 12 ships, i was not aware of such radical changes. Even 6th rate single combat missions now make me face 2 rookie brig and one rookie snow while 1st rate missions make me face only one Santi at max, i think the difficulty curve is completely wrong.

7th rate combat missions should only face something like 1 or 2 gunboats or luggers, or boats/ships with only one central carronade or swivels. It was the usual first step to level up and discover the game, being sunk repeatedly in those missions may prepare them for being sunk repeatedly in pvp, but most of them will not even stay long enough to understand that.

I agree. Ofc I'm not completely noob) I'm using double shots and manual sailing, but for me it's really hard  to win(

22 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Can I ask you? Can 2 people  complete combat mission together? Or only fleet missions?

Edited by MANTISS

To complete 7th rate mission in basic cutter:

1. I choose double charge as my first perk, others may choose differently.

2. Start sailing towards enemy at full sail. Load regular ball on left side, double charge on right.

3. As you near enemy, slow to battle sails, prepare to pass him on the his downwind side.

4. As you are about to pass, if your heel is too great to aim at his side, manually turn your sails to the left, reducing heel.

5. Give him the left broadside, increase sails to full, turn on autosail.

6. Turn right (downwind) the enemy will turn left downwind.

7. Line up to give him the right broadside. He will be reloading. Slow down if necessary to aim well. Fire right broadside.

8. Turn in to him and close distance. Your left side will be almost reloaded. When it is, turn slightly upwind and fire that side.

9. The biggest mistake I see folks making is going too fast in the basic cutter. Use battle sails to turn more tightly and aim more accurately. Continue to close distance to repeat giving him both broadsides.

Edited by Farrago