Game-Labs Forum

Crew Morale

During the boarding battle the crew have morale, that decides the outcome of the boarding. Why we don't have crew morale during sea battle? Could be represented by another bar that would go down accordingly with ship global damage, could go down faster if suffered a shock damage, could recover if inflicting shock damage on enemy.

• Like 7

The importance of the first broadside...

The morale of a crew mounting on previous successes, on the way to the "historical" confrontation...

The luck aiding the bold and the timely catastrophic events aboard enemy ships...

I would love to see something like this in game.  It would help prevent tiny ships like a Snow from taking out a much bigger ship that it would never take. 

One broadside from a Santi into a 5th rate would cripple the crews moral.

• Like 2

It would be something interesting to try in battles. And no fixing morale with rum. In fact, what about using rum heals crew but lowers morale: it makes them slower and clumsy?

Ports should have morale too: they need trade and materials.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Really?

Well, even if it is unnecessary, it at least seems interesting to me!

Could enhance the ‚battle experience‘ of the game some more!

I agree, the thought is interesting. But in its current state (boarding game) it doesnt seem to fit in. Perhaps an evolution of boarding will reshape the space for something like that to be used.

1 hour ago, Headless Parrot said:

I agree, the thought is interesting. But in its current state (boarding game) it doesnt seem to fit in. Perhaps an evolution of boarding will reshape the space for something like that to be used.

Look to Cabrals initial post!

He doesn’t suggests modifications in the boarding process.

He suggests moral as a factor in sea battles - before boarding is even possible.

That‘s what I think is interesting!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Look to Cabrals initial post!

He doesn’t suggests modifications in the boarding process.

He suggests moral as a factor in sea battles - before boarding is even possible.

That‘s what I think is interesting!

Obviously you care way more about making a point than I do. So... Ok. Good luck with that. o7

I think it's a cool idea, however, it would need to be implemented to where it wouldn't be exploited (which is hard to do). Things like crew/rigging shock already simulate a loss of morale, but as @Coraline Vodka mentioned, they could be tweaked to increase difficulty for an extended period of time. 

One thing I always griped about is the fast (normal) reload times while a ship is taking on water (sinking). Maybe reload and yard turn could be burdened more as the ship structure drops below 30%?