Game-Labs Forum

5 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

russians have how many players now? large nation. not a problem. 

I have tried recruiting for 2 years. 

and it isnt for me, its for everyone. 

Russia has players because people realize that the flag on the back of their ships don’t matter and it’s the people you sail with that does.  We didn’t pick Russia because it has a pretty flag or it was historically accurate.  

Sounds like you need to nut up and leave the Dutch if you want some action.  It sucks, but that’s the breaks.  If you want to live out some fantasy of sailing around as a Dutch captain in the 1700s because you’re a quarter Dutch IRL that’s cool, but don’t expect to be accommodated by everyone for it.  

Adapt or die.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

We proposed this en masse long ago and were shouted down by the zerg haters.  To some degree I agree, nation's with larger pops and better time zone coverage will always win 2-3 day contests.

The difference is that maintenance of port based on clans might prevent "zerging".  In most games higher population wins so in this system a counter to a zerg would be a better skilled players fighting against the zerg thus scoring more points and other nations.  Example: if Russians have an event vs Sweden for X port other nations could swarm into the zone against them while they are trying to score points.  Thus you've created a passive hot zone on the map and diplomatic opportunities.

Edited by Dharus

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

its quite a bit more complicated than just that. You EU players always complained about night flips, but in the PVP2 server thats all there ever was. was night flips. Its less about that rediiii and more about we cant night flip them back and were unable to do anything about it since we were not given the chance to capture our own ports. But you dont read do you? 

Disagree?  complain... protests..?¿?¿. Me to,....and  I'm already tired of hearing the same things all the time. Understand the game will never be balanced. For any Spaniard ,who is proud of his country and its history, this game is an insult, look at the map, it looks like a Bennetton store. Only China and Turkey are missing, sailing this seas. Why not ¿?. Please stop complain all the time. Think about cities like San Juan de Puerto Rico, Veracruz, Cartagena, Santo Domingo, and many others who had unconquerable forts; and Spain dominated almost the entire Caribbean Sea; however here in this game we are trapped in a corner. A historical embarrassment... this is why I ask you to stop giving your boring talk. Thank you.

Disagree?  complain... protests..?¿?¿. Me to,....and  I'm already tired of hearing the same things all the time. Understand the game will never be balanced. For any Spaniard ,who is proud of his country and its history, this game is an insult, look at the map, it looks like a Bennetton store. Only China and Turkey are missing, sailing this seas. Why not ¿?. Please stop complain all the time. Think about cities like San Juan de Puerto Rico, Veracruz, Cartagena, Santo Domingo, and many others who had unconquerable forts; and Spain dominated almost the entire Caribbean Sea; however here in this game we are trapped in a corner. A historical embarrassment... this is why I ask you to stop giving your boring talk. Thank you

bla bla bla...maybe you should stop insulting your own cherished history by claiming that cities like Cartagena and Santo Domingo were unconquerable. Thank you.

Edited by Malachi

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'd be willing to test it, for sure. The game is in dire need of player-generated PvP content outside of the current RvR model (e.g. raids), but I'm still skeptical that this wouldn't result in Zerg-wins situations (e.g. why wouldn't the port owning clan have the other RvR-active clans on its "friendly" list just as they do now)?

I don't understand why they just didn't make the flag system the raid system.  No change in port ownership but just straight up battle rewards plus.

An event zone battle might be a content between RvR clans in the nation with whichever clan scored the most points gets ownership.  That might cause strife though which can be good or bad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

About two weeks since the merge, combined with holidays and steam sales.

Also we can assume the return of players from the old global server.

Does it make the game better? Lets see the GB timers, most of them set at australian primetime, also some ports are changing timers every day... Good way to avoid to be attacked. If this shitty gameplay is good for you, ok dude.

In the long term, this change will frustate lot of people.

Just wait for another split. I hope that with official release we will get EU server again.

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

Dutch have a decent sized amount of holdings down there in no mans land.  Why can’t you make it work?  If you need resources you can’t get, get an alt or trade with players who can.  Like everyone else does.

@OneEyedSnake ...

@Christendom has a point, make nice with your neighbors. Open trade with them and work together to maintain a bolstered defense of your holdings.

There's a scientific term for this, it is named... symbiosis.;) (A relationship of mutual benefit or dependence.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

@OneEyedSnake ...

@Christendom has a point, make nice with your neighbors. Open trade with them and work together to maintain a bolstered defense of your holdings.

There's a scientific term for this, it is named... symbiosis.;) (A relationship of mutual benefit or dependence.)

we dont need resources. we need the ability to partake in what this game is based around. RVR. unfortunately we just dont have the manpower to do it. we will just have to do other things. its fine. 

its  called Behavioral Adaptation. 

However this games ASM's (available seat miles), are minimal with this current structure, and its LF (load factor) is even smaller , but it has a good enough base to have a large ATM (available tonne mile). Currently the VSI reads negative and I am not sure what the pilots are doing seeing how the LF is large enough for this to not be the case. IFR seems to be working incorrectly, and it feels like we are going off of VFR in little to no visibility weather, which probably explains the negative VSI

Perhaps we should ablate certain parts of this game's development process because our accommodation coefficient seems to be 0. Games that require accustomization instead of adaptation do not do well, which is what seems to be the case with this game. 

People like you are what I would describe as an aeropause, and bad scintillation

Basically you missed the point completely and are a distraction. 

Delta india delta  tango hotel alpha tango  hotel echo lima papa? 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2018 at 8:06 PM, Christendom said:

Adapt or die.

"Adapt or die." said the lone gunslinger whose chin was chiseled and whose shoulders were like mountains, while walking out of the saloon onto the dusty sun soaken road, leaving everyone to croak in a puddle of blood.

16 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

we dont need resources. we need the ability to partake in what this game is based around. RVR. unfortunately we just dont have the manpower to do it. we will just have to do other things. its fine. 

its  called Behavioral Adaptation. 

However this games ASM's (available seat miles), are minimal with this current structure, and its LF (load factor) is even smaller , but it has a good enough base to have a large ATM (available tonne mile). Currently the VSI reads negative and I am not sure what the pilots are doing seeing how the LF is large enough for this to not be the case. IFR seems to be working incorrectly, and it feels like we are going off of VFR in little to no visibility weather, which probably explains the negative VSI

Perhaps we should ablate certain parts of this game's development process because our accommodation coefficient seems to be 0. Games that require accustomization instead of adaptation do not do well, which is what seems to be the case with this game. 

People like you are what I would describe as an aeropause, and bad scintillation

Basically you missed the point completely and are a distraction. 

Delta india delta  tango hotel alpha tango  hotel echo lima papa? 

you scintitilate me ;)