Game-Labs Forum

Every day it becomes clearer that you could literally give less shits about Aussies and Americans. Why the EU map wasnt wiped when the servers were merged so everyone got a fair shot is beyond me.

This is why. Take for example the Dutch right now, we have 2 port Battles happening within 2 hours of each other this Friday morning. The Dutch nation can field 25 players, but at the times of these port battles the aussies have either a 3am or 5am pb. which they wont show up to, and us Americans for the most part have jobs, and as such we cant show up to them. 

To state the obvious I am aware that we can set our own timers, but the clans that owned those ports did not have that much gold because trade is pretty hard for actual Dutch players since there are so few of them after the cowards left for sweden and their time zone is bogged down by constant port camping by numbers far superior to their own. 

Where this becomes a problem is that us Americans and Aussies from Global can not play the game to what you Devs claim can be played. We have swapped over a couple of ports to be ours by the generosity of the current dutch players, who are truly a very nice group of individuals. But we cant go take ports owned by other nations since before the merge since they all changed their port timers to ridiculous times. Which is fine, so long as Americans and Aussies both got the same opportunity. Which we didnt. We didnt get the same opportunity because the map wasnt wiped before the merge which was suggested often and just swept under the rug by the decision making team for Naval Action. It sure makes it feel like us Americans and Aussies are not wanted in this game to say the least. 

Take for example Jeheil, who advertised your game, Naval Action, to an INCREDIBLE extent. A truly well done series that was fun to watch and inspired people to play the game. He quit doing the series, and the game, Naval Action, I believe all together. This was due to several things that basically came down to real life> game life, and the team running Naval Action made it to where if anything was to happen, it could only happen when he was sleeping, or at work. This is the case for most Aussies so I have been led to believe. 

What I am calling for is a map wipe, like there should have been, and possibly looking at the maintenance schedule again. I believe then we could truly see action across all time zones, with a better blend for battles across these time zones, and possibly for players to have another chance at switching nations, testing new waters, etc. 

Perhaps it is to late now, which would be a bummer to say the least, but please consider it to balance out our time zone problems. 

If there is a map wipe there needs to be a complete wipe. Nations like Russia, Poland, and Prussia would lose access to all their ships except the ones at Shroud Cay since we have no permanent port of our own. All the deep water ships we own are left in ports we have no idea if we will get back. If anything it punishes EU oriented clans in these nations who put the work in to forming the nations they have today.

• Like 2

Stop spreading disinformation. Jeheil stayed plainly in his thread that he was taking a break for a few weeks due to the holidays and nothing else.  He also said he would be back and making further episodes of LTtK....

Trying to use others to make your argument is pretty silly.  

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

If there is a map wipe there needs to be a complete wipe. Nations like Russia, Poland, and Prussia would lose access to all their ships except the ones at Shroud Cay since we have no permanent port of our own. All the deep water ships we own are left in ports we have no idea if we will get back. If anything it punishes EU oriented clans in these nations who put the work in to forming the nations they have today.

actually this is completely false. You can access your ships in neutral ports.... and teleport to neutral ports... So no. If anything it allows these nations to carve out a better base of operation. 

44 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Stop spreading disinformation. Jeheil stayed plainly in his thread that he was taking a break for a few weeks due to the holidays and nothing else.  He also said he would be back and making further episodes of LTtK....

Trying to use others to make your argument is pretty silly.  

this is also false, he said he was going on a vacation yes, but in his last two videos he stated that he had lost almost all interest in Naval Action due to real life and maintenance time period. 

"weekday play is impossible with the shutdown" 

so troll spotted? or just a liar, I do not know. And you should stop spreading *misinformation.* 

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Did you just complained about nightflips?

its quite a bit more complicated than just that. You EU players always complained about night flips, but in the PVP2 server thats all there ever was. was night flips. Its less about that rediiii and more about we cant night flip them back and were unable to do anything about it since we were not given the chance to capture our own ports. But you dont read do you? 

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

Not saying the situation is great for you, but at least you can attack EU ports on weekends at around 1 or 2 pm your time.

If we want to retake a port we have to set our alarm to 4 am and start grinding hostility xd

when all the eu players are still online at server max? and we are outnumbered 10 to 1? We have tried actually. But my time right now is mountain, so perhaps your mean Eastern, at which case its still pretty bleak to be honest. like right now, 1:30pm est there are several danes sailing in our waters that we cant do much about since we dont have the amount of players they have.

So you dont want to fight you just want to flip ports? Or what should I take out of this?

we tried that Jon Snow. I know you know nothing, hehe, about us dutch, But literally if we go out at prime there will be 5 or 6 of us capable of going to where there is some pvp. I have been urging more players to get ports to where we can get some more out to do stuff. But in terms of RVR there is no way. When you cant fill a port battle, let alone get around a screen of 3 times the amount of players you can bring why even try? What nation do you play for again? Because it doesnt seem like a small one.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

So you dont want to fight you just want to flip ports? Or what should I take out of this?

what to get out of this post however is this. Do a map wipe so we can set up as a Nation with multiple time zones so we can better defend ourselves and attack other nations. US and Aussie players are leaving the game right now because there is no RVR for us. Smaller nations like the dutch, have an EU playerbase that is losing faith in the game because we cant help them as much as is needed due to this. We can not compete and therefore there is only a pvp aspect, to which it always just turns into the enemy running for literrally hours. or us getting massively ganked. 

That is all pvp is, run and gank. run and gank. Very few players stay for a fair fight. those that do, like some swedes, I admire greatly and respect a lot. Thats fine and all, but I think youll find a lot of players grow tired of this when they are not part of some nation that can field the amount of players needed to counter this. 

I get your point and I know Dutch population is super low, but I fail to see how a map wipe will help you. Because even then you only have these 5 or 6 players for PBs which is too few to do anything really.

If you have some more people online you can tag an alt near the PB and leave the fight when PB starts to avoid griefing screening. Some think its dirty but its your only option which might help.

Or maybe you should abandon your country and play somewhere else with more people.

• Like 2

To be frank, we’re lucky we got the merge.  I’ll wager that it had more to do with admin not wanting to keep paying for a global server with 150 players than actually accommodating all time zones....but when you’re tossed a bone, you say thanks.  

I think a map wipe where everything is neutral and global carebears could do exactly what they did on global...snatch up 50 ports they don’t need....and set them to late timers would of caused the entire EU population to revolt.

Dutch have a decent sized amount of holdings down there in no mans land.  Why can’t you make it work?  If you need resources you can’t get, get an alt or trade with players who can.  Like everyone else does.

The merge was necessary and both sides had to suffer some to bear it.  I’m ok with the status quo.  Maintenance does need to be changed however.  

Despite the naysayers like @Bearwall and @Intrepido who want th game to tank, the server is thriving with a nice post holidays bump.  700+ yesterday.  

• Like 3

the owners of the ports chose the defensive timer - if you don't like it you can ask them to change it on your nation...as for attacking, you must attack within that timer. Other nations have US and AUssie based clans too.

Russia, US, Britain, France.

....there are ports you can fight against I'm sorry oneeye, but I'm with Jon snow here, sounds like you just want to flip ports.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I get your point and I know Dutch population is super low, but I fail to see how a map wipe will help you. Because even then you only have these 5 or 6 players for PBs which is too few to do anything really.

If you have some more people online you can tag an alt near the PB and leave the fight when PB starts to avoid griefing screening. Some think its dirty but its your only option which might help.

Or maybe you should abandon your country and play somewhere else with more people.

or maybe these larger nations should tell lesser clans to leave to smalelr nations :lol: but if we could put ports into our US time zones, not only by us, but by other nations us US dutch players could attack, because we have enough on in US evening to have a decent pb. not full, but definitely a decent size with some chance of winning. 

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

but if we could put ports into our US time zones, not only by us, but by other nations us US dutch players could attack, because we have enough on in US evening to have a decent pb. not full, but definitely a decent size with some chance of winning. 

Well you dont have to stay in your little corner in south of the map and there are some ports set with US prime time timers. You could go and attack those.

or maybe these larger nations should tell lesser clans to leave to smalelr nations

And then these clans tell the other clan "fck u we play where we want to."

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 2

Well you dont have to stay in your little corner in south of the map and there are some ports set with US prime time timers. You could go and attack those.

they are too far away to sail to i am afraid, with no where to sail out of. we tried. we got ganked. we all died. wasnt worth the time. thats the problem with the game, it isnt worth the time. 

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

sounds like you just want to flip ports

i do, we do. we want to flip ports so we can have a real fight! we want to flip ports in our time zone. when other players are on, and our players are on. we dont want empty pbs. we want to be able to part take in the main part of the game so we have some form of a chance to earn a spot in the world. but we just cant right now. If there was a map wipe we could go get a couple of ports around the map. and do exactly as jon snow suggested, at least in our prime time. which would encourage more activity with the dutch, and perhaps allow us to grow. 

A map wipe wouldn't solve the problem.  A change to the RvR system would.  Something like dropping port battles in favor of a 3 day event style hotzone for control over the sea.

A lot of people are dancing around the problems with threads about the symptoms of a flawed RvR system.  As players, we need to suggest a better system.  Folks we're still using PotBS RvR mechanics for the most part.  The game needs this change... badly.

My old suggestion:

• Like 2

they are too far away to sail to i am afraid, with no where to sail out of. we tried. we got ganked. we all died. wasnt worth the time. thats the problem with the game, it isnt worth the time.

too far away....you got to be kidding me. there are freetowns that literally make this "too far away issue" a non issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dharus said:

A map wipe wouldn't solve the problem.  A change to the RvR system would.  Something like dropping port battles in favor of a 3 day event style hotzone for control over the sea.

A lot of people are dancing around the problems with threads about the symptoms of a flawed RvR system.  As players, we need to suggest a better system.  Folks we're still using PotBS RvR mechanics for the most part.  The game needs this change... badly.

My old suggestion:

I like this idea.  a x (2-3) day contest at different time zones (so all can join).

very positive idea that the devs should explore -  Dharus.

• Like 1

Just now, Wraith said:

There is no such thing as too far away. Look at what the Russians have done.  Establish a forward operations base and go.  Come on man, don't expect the dev's to do all the work for you. The merge has been universally a good thing and there was no need for a wipe to get back into the game.  Do some recruiting, make some friends, forget about the value of pixels, and quit you're whinging.

russians have how many players now? large nation. not a problem. 

I have tried recruiting for 2 years. 

and it isnt for me, its for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

too far away....you got to be kidding me. there are freetowns that literally make this "too far away issue" a non issue.

freetowns are a death trap and you know it. especially when you dont have that many players.

3 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

To far. Look at Denmark. We took port over by the brits. We sailed from Great Corn. And we did it with 8-10 players and that was in main EU time. Think you can find a free port to sail from and find ports with a defence timer thats shuits you. Yes you are few, but so is the opponent also in your timezone. Plenty of ports to get. Just look at the map.