Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

Also it would be nice to see a little animation play when you haul anchor, seeing your crew gather at the capstan, and one or two of them stamping their feet to set a rhythm and hear them call out "stamp and go."

well if you took some water and are close to the water line with gunports and you giv to much sail you will take another big load and end up to low and start sinking without chance of recovery

Is that featured ingame?

But the ability to close the gun ports is currently not implemented, right? So now you would be forced to reduce sail, preventing you from outrunning the enemy and escaping battle, whereas in real life they could just have closed the ports.

I'd love to see more damage features. Maybe on high and Ultra settings, as you take damage stays and rigging are cut and hang down around deck, spars and splinters of wood come crashing down on deck and stay there. Cannons get dismounted and hammocks and netting are blow about everywhere. 

Hello,

Here is a quick wish list I'd like to see in game, some may have already suggested, others already implemented, but i joined the forums/discovered the game recently not easy to keep up to date :)

-Crew Management :

1/ Having the ability to order the crew in different ways for example: aggressive/defensive/neutral stance adding bonus and malus to reload rate; crew loss, ship handling etc..

2/ Key Crew as bosco, pilot, watchers, Marine infantry, master gunner, helping manage the ships.

3/ Possibility to allocate a "certain very limited" amount of cannons to the Ai crew ( aiming mast sails hull)

4/ Party to raise moral :lol:

-Canons and ammos:

1/Canons back away after firing

2/The possibility to fire one canon at a time ( i've seen in the videos that you can fire a few "aiming shoots" before the full broadside, but i'm not sure how it works)

3/Different powder quality and dosage.

4/Limited uses of chain shot : poor precision or/and damage ( or how to balance a combat also known as "not having a whole fleet firing chain shoots for 1 hour and ruin the battles because chain is so good") :P

-General:

001/Captain cabin

1/ Changing wind course, weather, day/night cycle, events while in battle ( upcoming storm for exemple, other nation fleet, any random event)

2/ Fishing to resupply

2/ On/off night lights

3/ Flares

4/ Possibility to send signals with signal flags to other ships.

single shot is used by pressing space bar i use it to fire rooling boardside below the water line with the top deck

Great, thank you for answering.

Also can you explain how the dispersion works ( that white band ) is it manualy and/or automatic controlled ?

Devs already explained on the zooming factor:

We are captain of a ship.

If I was able to zoom out much further I would feel like beeing a strategic, looking down at a table.

And chess is not what were going to want out of Naval Action.

About dispersion:

When you tain your guns from one side to the other the gun crews need time to get them pointed where you need the to.

So its fully automatically. You aim, they narrow the arc.

If your pointing to the extreme front or aft your arc becomes narrower wich does NOT mean you will be more precicse.

All your guns at the opposite side from your ship wil not be able to be trained around enough. So less shots will hit.

Only point at where the firing arc is still complete after aiming.

Devs already explained on the zooming factor:

We are captain of a ship.

If I was able to zoom out much further I would feel like beeing a strategic, looking down at a table.

And chess is not what were going to want out of Naval Action.

Sound good to me, from what i can see from videos.

About dispersion:

When you tain your guns from one side to the other the gun crews need time to get them pointed where you need the to.

So its fully automatically. You aim, they narrow the arc.

If your pointing to the extreme front or aft your arc becomes narrower wich does NOT mean you will be more precicse.

All your guns at the opposite side from your ship wil not be able to be trained around enough. So less shots will hit.

Only point at where the firing arc is still complete after aiming.

Clear enough sir !

• 2 weeks later...

Since killing the captains probably won't be fun for the dead player, how about, if a player gets hit by a cannon ball or sniper's bullet he ends up stunned or incapacitated for a short time.

I really would like a Mount & Blade Napoleonic type musket and some enemy officers to aim at, while my broadsides reload.

• Like 1

Since killing the captains probably won't be fun for the dead player, how about, if a player gets hit by a cannon ball or sniper's bullet he ends up stunned or incapacitated for a short time.

I really would like a Mount & Blade Napoleonic type musket and some enemy officers to aim at, while my broadsides reload.

Or it would be nice to see the crew that shoots with muskets when ships are close as in Napoleon Total War.

This sound very good indeed.

Each of USS Constitution's guns, if not crew, moving according to, or in a similar manner to, this gun drill on the actual ship during reloads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQSBxQiLSyQ#t=1m44s (0:43 in the video shows a drill from overhead and explains each step)

Also, an option for Constitution and her sisterships to unfurl all of their sails for even more speed, as they were used to outrun a squadron of British vessels during the War of 1812:

h85542k.jpg

I have yet to see any screenshots or game footage of Constitution using these extra sails.

Each of USS Constitution's guns, if not crew, moving according to, or in a similar manner to, this gun drill on the actual ship during reloads: 

(0:43 in the video shows a drill from overhead and explains each step)

Also, an option for Constitution and her sisterships to unfurl all of their sails for even more speed, as they were used to outrun a squadron of British vessels during the War of 1812:

I have yet to see any screenshots or game footage of Constitution using these extra sails.

I think, somewhere, the devs said they think stunsails make the ships look fat. I think they make the ships look studly.

• Like 1

I think Studding sails could be a nice gimmic in very light winds. Or when one is chasing another ship down.

Take the risk, if the wind is too string. It will bring the small sails down and maybe damage the yard(s).

But it takes quite a lot time to set them or get them back inboards.

That way one could gain an advantage over the enemy but the gamble is about the timing. Too soon or too late will mean the total loss of the sails.

I think studding sails look darn epic on sailships. just my opinion.

All the flying sails set between the masts on the other hand just look stupid. They were not set often. Just a few times more often as studding sails.