Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Liq said:

pve missions inside safezones close instantly - No way of getting jumped in those

Please no agressive AI - it's just tedious, you'll escape them anyway in battle, waste of time

I am not asking for aggressive AI in OW. I'm asking that in a PvE mission, AI is set to target all human players, not just the one who initiated the mission. This also has nothing to do with safezones. so...not really sure what your comment had to do with my post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some 9 pounder frigates moved to rank 6 ( La Renomee, Cerberus ) some 24 pounders frigate moved to rank 4 ( Leopard, United States, Constitution )    

Can we have a thing that shows us, what books we currenty have applied to the ship at sea?

We actually implemented a lot from community feedback.  What about this?       Its just from the first page of this topic. All of these were implemented We are curren

Posted Images

On 17/11/2017 at 12:06 AM, Guenwhyvar said:

Give option for "one-gun-salute" (space bar) in the Open World (time-out 15 minutes)

Love this idea. Although would request lesser timeout, as often will pass by other ships more frequently than 15 minutes

Edited by Kubrat
Link to post
Share on other sites

Option for Automatic Crew Refill when Docking in Port.

Automatic Allocation of Trade Goods when you move a Large Stack into your Hold. So you dont always have to manually split it into the right weight.

Automatic Swivel Guns for all Ships :)

Some more Crew moving around on the Ship.

An Avatar of your Captain Standing on Deck :P

Boarding Animations of throwing Hooks to Pull in the Ship closer and some Men Fighting on Deck even if it has no effect on the actual Boarding Combat.

Small Graphic Details for Upgrades. Like actually changing the Bow Figure or actually adding some Marines with Muskets on Deck etc :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every now and than, I write up my thoughts here.

As the year ends, I felt it was time again:

.) Paints as paints, not as ships knowledge.

.) Craft XP for everything you craft

.) Lighthouses (to find the harbour in dense fog)

.) A sextant - the protractor is great help but navigation is still incomplete)

.) A rework of the looting system. Either have a ship's boat for collection or increase radius for pickup (the new sailing model makes it really hard)

.) Sorting the warehouse bye name, category, value, etc.

.) More things to fit the captains chest (permits, notes, all papers^^)

.) Some UI improvements (I really got used to ignoring the test-ui^^)

.) continue adding variety!

...

 

Thanks for reading:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So battles in naval action is quite fun, specially with the recent updates introduced, however things are lacking in multiple areas of the game, which are small, yet quite important in many ways, so lets start up with the first one:

1: Cannon animations, a tiny detail which I miss personally, you see, watching the cannons roll back and open up, and watching the guns ports fly open closely followed with a cannon rolling out are the best moments of excitement in a movie for me (specially PoTC) because it means action, specially when there are cool shots of it. And its quite simple, specially if you have sounds with it, yet thrilling for me. Also, firing a cannon was not as explosive I thought it would be. The sound is like a small pistol going off, I like the heavy cannon and carronades about the 24pdrs going off, but they should be loud and the shots don't include sparks and flames bursting out of the cannons like they should (this is not applied to 12pdrs as the shots are not anything like this)

2:sailing in naval action is boring on long treks, like a recent journey for me that took 1.5 hrs, so maybe you could add some sea shanties for the massive journeys, or at least music to keep the player from just leaving the game if he gets bored.

3:ship sinking in naval action is basic, you just sink in a straight line, and it takes like 5 minutes to sink down all the way under the water, I mean I wouldn't mind the time because of looting, but can the ship at least capsize without me forcing it to?

and finally 4: please, please, please make explosions better and more effective, I lost a pirate frig earlier today and was next to a wasa and it didn't catch fire, it got to 100m and then I detonated, and he was fine, yet my guys who were about 300m away lost their masts, and were damaged, and they were on brace mode, please fix that, plus my explosion wasn't exiting, masts fell, yay, please blow the ship to smitherines

 

thx for reading

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.12.2017 at 1:44 PM, Sunleader said:

Option for Automatic Crew Refill when Docking in Port.

Automatic Allocation of Trade Goods when you move a Large Stack into your Hold. So you dont always have to manually split it into the right weight.

Automatic Swivel Guns for all Ships :)

Some more Crew moving around on the Ship.

An Avatar of your Captain Standing on Deck :P

Boarding Animations of throwing Hooks to Pull in the Ship closer and some Men Fighting on Deck even if it has no effect on the actual Boarding Combat.

Small Graphic Details for Upgrades. Like actually changing the Bow Figure or actually adding some Marines with Muskets on Deck etc :)

This is what I dream.

Imagine sailors climbing masts, observer, scout on top, may be informing us ships getting close.

Marines with muskets shooting other ship when getting in range.

and while playing text boarding game, crew fighting, grappling, shooting in backround.

some sailors getting thrown away from ships due to explosions.

AND THE CAPTAIN, imagine customising an avatar, than you see him, walking on your ship, giving orders.

Finaly diffirent ship sinking animations, floating cargo, barrels and some sailors.

I want the Devs to stop, designing new ships which gets their 2 months, but instead put small but beatiful inprovements like you mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pepsifreddie said:

So battles in naval action is quite fun, specially with the recent updates introduced, however things are lacking in multiple areas of the game, which are small, yet quite important in many ways, so lets start up with the first one:

1: Cannon animations, a tiny detail which I miss personally, you see, watching the cannons roll back and open up, and watching the guns ports fly open closely followed with a cannon rolling out are the best moments of excitement in a movie for me (specially PoTC) because it means action, specially when there are cool shots of it. And its quite simple, specially if you have sounds with it, yet thrilling for me. Also, firing a cannon was not as explosive I thought it would be. The sound is like a small pistol going off, I like the heavy cannon and carronades about the 24pdrs going off, but they should be loud and the shots don't include sparks and flames bursting out of the cannons like they should (this is not applied to 12pdrs as the shots are not anything like this)

2:sailing in naval action is boring on long treks, like a recent journey for me that took 1.5 hrs, so maybe you could add some sea shanties for the massive journeys, or at least music to keep the player from just leaving the game if he gets bored.

3:ship sinking in naval action is basic, you just sink in a straight line, and it takes like 5 minutes to sink down all the way under the water, I mean I wouldn't mind the time because of looting, but can the ship at least capsize without me forcing it to?

and finally 4: please, please, please make explosions better and more effective, I lost a pirate frig earlier today and was next to a wasa and it didn't catch fire, it got to 100m and then I detonated, and he was fine, yet my guys who were about 300m away lost their masts, and were damaged, and they were on brace mode, please fix that, plus my explosion wasn't exiting, masts fell, yay, please blow the ship to smitherines

1. Gun recoil was in game but it took too many FPS.

2. There are topics for long journeys:

 

also,

 

3. There a topic about sinking list:

 

4. The effects of an explosion depend on the relative sizes of the vessels. Crew brace protects the crew only. With very powerful explosions, the tactic would be too effective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barberouge said:

Gun recoil was in game but it took too many FPS.

Why didn't they simply let people choose this feature as activated or deactivated in the graphic options?!? It has no impact on gameplay after all...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ability to set rudder to an Axis.

Likely best implementation - Have 2 rudder bars, 1 that shows the actual location of the rudder. (since it can't just turn instantaneous)
and another that shows where the rudder will be turned to based on where along the axis it's set.

This would allow for those of us a finer control of our ships and more immersion. And why not? For any of us with steering wheel's it'll feel as if we are actually turing the wheel's of our ships.

Untitled.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see some really nice damage modelling for stern damage for example. The ship models are great and the feeling of damage is good when you see the cannon ball holes, and the splinters flying and especially masts falling down and sails shredded.

I would like to see damaged cannons going missing graphically, ie disappearing from the side of the ship and the stern suffering horrific damage when raked to pieces . 

The more visual damage the better....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a non linear slider in crafting windows. Like being set to 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,200,500,1000 etc. for every craftable item. This way you could do big numbers with few clicks as well as a precise number of items.

Crafting 79 pieces would then be 5 clicks (50,20,5,2,2),  crafting 1358 pieces would be 7 clicks (1000, 200, 100, 50, 5, 2, 1), and so on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In another topic Rouleur posted many interesting ideas, to which I added 3 of mine:

 

2 hours ago, Rouleur said:

1. Some tweaking of the impact of leaway at varying speeds and some improvement to the graphics to better reflect the impact on waves/wake would be nice.

2. Increase time a wreck is available to loot or allow looting of some items - books for example for longer - can't fish the cannons but can get some flotsome. Stuff like copper bottoms should be craftable again and refit based anyway.

3. Tweak the rapidity of wind change in instances so it moves a little slower and the variance in direction is less extreme most of the time with the odds of large swings in direction reduced, but still possible. 

4.An anchor option and possibly option to deploy boats - reducing crew for guns etc - a floating battery static defence needs an anchor.

5.An option to throw cargo and cannons overboard if beached on shallows!

Enjoy

ps A way of fixing rudder between neutral and full would be really good as well!

 

 

Myself: fog, mutinies, transshipments in OW and maybe in instances too. There are others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When using scope (Shift) - it's annoying having the mouse interfering or using it to select targets. It's doable, but rough and feels like a better method is to simply have mouse lock to center and possibly hide mouse/add a little dot/crosshair.

in both open world and battle.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In my time on the PVE server I have not ever witnessed an opponent (and there are only NPC opponents) surrender in battle. This needs to get changed. I mean, people have the desire to survive and even simulated people should have it. When a ship is shot to pieces and hopelessly damaged, preferably when having lost masts and it is no more maneuvrable - they should surrender for god's sake.

No matter how many crew they lost, no surrender ever.

It's not only not understandable from human side, it's totally unhistorical. Battles were only fought until you knew who prevailed and who lost. Then galantry set in and the loser set his white flag and delivered his sword.

Except maybe for pirates, who had a motive for killing off everybody for not leaving behind witnesses who could later testify against them at courts. Here resistance to the last man is more reasonable, because you would know you'd face no mercy as a survivor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zeb said:

Hey mate, I'm talking about removing the mouse when you scope. - and simply using center of scope as target.

I guess that will be fare more difficult to implement, because the mouse behaviour is partially controlled by Windows depending on fullscreen/window mode of the game. I fear it will be a troublemaker, if the mouse is off until it leaves the game-window. There are lots of games that have similar issues and e.g. if you play NA windowed (full scale on one of two or more displays), and ever tried to move the game temporarily to the other display, you'll understand. Maybe you already encountered the issue with the mouse cursor and the game beeing out of scale. Scaling and maxing the windows usually helps but sometimes ruins graphics.

 

But here some other things on my "tiny" wish-list:

.) ESC for no, Enter or Space key for yes. Or y/n if it interferes somehow. Taking and aborting Missions is a fine example ;)

.) OW Trade-Fleet Perk or Trade-Ship-Knowledge that allows a traders fleet to be faster in OW. 

(when a perk, it could be 5% higher max speed and 50% higher min Speed for a fleet of similar vessels) (when ship knowledge it could, as a trader knowledge, apply to the fleet as well or be something like "apply all fleet ships sailing boni to the entire fleet" ...)

.) Return of the ship paints as paints, like they were.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of us grow fond of their favorite ship. Especially when built on your own shipyard and upgraded with permanent extras. Like your car etc in real life, we should have an opportunity to give names to our ships. So there are not dozens of Cerberus'es, but dozens and uniquely your 'XXXXX' - which makes a difference.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an idea to change the BR system. Instead of having an arbitrary BR assigned to each ship type, and then derating it solely based on % of max crew, make it dynamic based on a combination of HP, Crew, and broadside weight.

Example:
(HP(1 side + bow + stern+hull)/100+(Crew+broadside weight)/10
This would make most BR's increase, but would have the number better correlate to the capabilities of a given ship.

It kills me to see unarmed ships having BR's of 200 because they are full of crew, and the armed ship of the same type having the same BR. Just breaks some of the immersion in my head. Also it would correlate BR more meaningfully to ship defensive and offensive capability.

Edited by BPHick
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ability to make Depower(T) stick when adjusting sails.

Currently- If you're Depowered, and go to raise more or less sails, it automatically power's your triangular sails back.

Proposed- Add an option in the settings about making Depower toggleable. (win win)
This way those who want it to automatically power back up when adjusting sails has it.
and those who want it to stay depowered when in depowered mode will have it.

 

Also - change the Social in ESC to game. and add game customization settings in there. Like a toggle switch :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...