Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

Please add the coat of arms back to the center of the swedish flag, although the flag might be more accurate  on the naval terms, I do miss the unique and beautiful old flag. When it got changed, I had no choice but to turn pirate. Might be a bit silly but still,I loved the old flag.Ijn my eyes it was the best flag of them all. Besides, the Spanish and the British have the modern version of their flag still used, so I cant get my head around it why didnt they "fix" them all at the same time.

Please add the coat of arms back to the center of the swedish flag, although the flag might be more accurate  on the naval terms, I do miss the unique and beautiful old flag. When it got changed, I had no choice but to turn pirate. Might be a bit silly but still,I loved the old flag.Ijn my eyes it was the best flag of them all. Besides, the Spanish and the British have the modern version of their flag still used, so I cant get my head around it why didnt they "fix" them all at the same time.

You mean this one ? BQsd5sUl.jpg

• Like 1

Some upgrades have penalties included.  Turning trim for example.

Maybe it should be so that the lower quality Turning trim should have better ratio of benefits vs penalties.

I know, why higher quality should have worse ratio?  Well, I do not really care about that to be honest.  Just saying that this way all the upgrades will be useful.  More you focus to something, higher penalties you have to pay from it.

For example, turning trim:

Exceptional

+2.5% Turning speed

-2.5% Max speed

Common:

+1.375% Turning speed

-1.1% Max speed

(Do not say those values should be these values, just an example)

I would like to be able to customize upgrades. Maybe add extra speed to one but it causes a random negitive, or take an upgrade that is good for x and have the option to increase one of its abilities at a cost of one of its others.

Also being able to customize your ship. Say take off 6 of its 9 lbs guns but add 10 4 lbs or whatever. Could be used to take off guns but add cargo or add extra sails but it causes them to be thinner or weaker or extra tilt etc.

Adding things like this coupled with perks and virtually no captains will be the same.

When lot of people exits a port, there is a stack of ships.  Everyone is in the same pile, and none knows who and how many there are.

When exiting port, make a bit of space between the ships.  The stack is, maybe not the best option.

Yes please, and I'd also like the fleet ships to show in OW.

Smaller additions I'd like to see:

I'd like to see a few more ships such as Schooners, Luggers, Clippers and Barks/Barques.

For example HMS Endeavour (1764) http://www.hotel-r.net/im/hotel/gb/endeavour-1.jpg 

I'd also love to see some OS storms, rain drops on the camera/screen, the ability to close gun-ports and great customisation options for ships such as paint work (but no silly and unrealistic colours).

Smaller additions I'd like to see:

I'd like to see a few more ships such as Schooners, Luggers, Clippers and Barks/Barques.

For example HMS Endeavour (1764) http://www.hotel-r.net/im/hotel/gb/endeavour-1.jpg 

I'd also love to see some OS storms, rain drops on the camera/screen, the ability to close gun-ports and great customisation options for ships such as paint work (but no silly and unrealistic colours).

Why not more cutters(Sloops? As for now we only have theAlert, 12 gun cutter as the only example, and the yacht as well but thats a prerium sso that dosent really count IMO. Cutter Sharkecould be a great dd on to the game regarding to the smaller ships. 

About gunports: Maby they could be closed in OW and then open in battles? Instead o being able to close and open them to prevent any lagg and perfomance issues.

• Like 1

About gunports: Maby they could be closed in OW and then open in battles? Instead o being able to close and open them to prevent any lagg and perfomance issues.

And hopefully, we will once again start the battle with the guns already loaded, without the need for a officer perk :)

My suggestions (also incorporating some ideas from others)

1. More smaller vessels for both trading and combat such as Luggers, Schooners, Ketches, Clippers, Barks/Baques such as HMS Endeavour etc..
  2. The ability to close gun ports. It also makes no sense for a ship with no guns to have them open.
  3. The ability to customise the design/colour of ships within historically acceptable parameters.
  4. The ability to name our ships and for the ships name to be physically displayed on a plaque on the stern of a ship.
  5. For player and ship's name and perhaps basic type (Cutter, Schooner, Light Frigate, Frigate etc..) to be displayed instead of exact type of ship for tactical and immersion reasons.
  6. The ability to chain sail colours or have sails with a design on them within historically acceptable parameters.
  7. Increased AI trade ship spawns sailing between ports (but not excessive).
  8. The ability to turn on/off any ship-board lights during night time.
  9. Longer night cycles.
  10. The ability to customise the flags/pennants that are flown from our ships within historically acceptable parameters.
  11. A kick out timer after a battle has ended for the remaining ships/players.
  12. Renaning the term "clans" to something more immersive such as "companies" or "fleets".
  13. Renaming the germ "group" to something more immersive such as "squadron" or "fleet".
  14. A more immersive UI.
  15. Slight rebalance of different ship speeds for more historical accuracy.
  16. More exploration incentives, missions, goals.
  17. A more dynamic and immersive mission system. Moving closer to MMO land with different mission sources such as admiralty, exploration guilds, traders guilds etc..
  18. A more immersive background image for ports such as a painting or 3D rendering of the port/town.
  19. Lighthouses.
  20. Sailors in the rigging.
  21. For damage to sails count towards getting assists etc..
  22. Ship upgrades (permanent) should have a visual impact on your ship, for example copper plating and extra stay sails etc..
  23. A specific colour/design pennant flag set by a group leader which then appears on all group members whilst they are in the group.
  24. Information regarding what canons can be carried on a ship should be displayed in-game. Right now we have to go to the wiki to find out.
  25. Limit nationality on one server. If you choose Pirate on a server, your characters can only be pirate unless you connected with another account.
  26. The removal of the magical "teleport to capital" button from the OW.
  27. Teleporting from port to port via outposts should be done with a gold cost and should have a cool-down timer. This simulates you catching a ship at a cost to one of these ports and prevents fast port hopping.
  28. A world map which is styled like an old sea chart complete with images of sea creatures, ship wrecks, wind/current markers etc..

In the distant future, I'd love to see an avatar creation feature so we can have a visual representation of our Captains (but no silly outfits).

Perhaps the ability to have a Captain's cabin, physical characters, walking in ports??

Edited by Jacob Elston
  • Like 1

I'd like to see reduced sail requiring fewer sailors to trim the yards.  When cannons are taken out of commission or 'turned off', the requirement for fully manning the guns decreases accordingly.  The same should be happening with sails.  It would give people a reason to sail under less than full sail at times.  Battle sails are often faster than slow, which is the next 'speed' up, so if the manpower for battle sails is proportionally between dead slow and slow, it would give a bit of a bonus and incentive to actually sail with battle sails. 

I'd like to see in the game the ability to choose an audio playback device.

===на русском ===

Очень хочется увидеть в игре возможность выбора аудиоустройства.

Думаю, эта возможность будет полезна не только стримерам и гайдоделам, но и обычным пользователям.

Hello,

yesterday in a bigger battle I got aware thats sometimes very difficult to get or to keep the overview on the map.

I think there should be a difference between the symbols of the ships or the ships classes. So it would no be neccessary to klick every ship on map to see, what it is. We could better stick together with orur SOLs or Frigates ...

In my opinion it would be enough  to differentiate between SOLs, Frigates and smaller ships.

An other argument could be ... on OW or in direct sight in the battle I can differ between the ships by viewing ... because the dimensions ... why not on map? A good navigator would mark a SOL on map for his captain.

Thanks for reading this ...

BR

Berend

I think it may be a good idea to remove ship names from OW sailing...kind of.  I think that it would be better to replace "Constitution" with "4th Rate", or even "Heavy Frigate".  Seeing a ship and immediately knowing all of it's sailing and gunnery characteristics seems a bit unfair, but it also removes immersion when there are thirty Constitutions sailing up the coast.  Call the ship by the rate, because even though the blueprints are based on particular ship designs, there's no need to keep historical names on the list.  

For gameplay, this makes approaching a ship for battle even more...chancy...kind of.  I know it seems dumb, but there are currently eight 5th rate ships, each with different sailing and gunnery qualities.  It should be up to the player to become familiar with ship designs enough to know what kind of tactics to use for the fight.  

I know this is trivial, but it'd be nice to see how many cannon are on each deck. Maybe just a number before those in brackets that show what caliber of cannon are permitted.

bSyrrr4.jpg

You just need to open Naval Action Ship Wiki, you can see it there.

It should be up to the player to become familiar with ship designs enough to know what kind of tactics to use for the fight.  

I'd even go one step further, to make it like the real life feeling, when a ship appeared at a distance:

Show no Identity text at all.

Ships could only be identified visually, when close enough - even the nationality, by checking the flag.

An officer should develope his skills by doing things,instead of perks which can be easily grinded.

You craft a lot,you EARN some crafting skill,you do PvP or RvR a lot,you EARN fighting skills.You trade alot,EARN trading skills.And those are gone if an officer lose his lifes.

To prevent preemptive surrendering in battle,only to save officer life, if a ship surrenders,the crew should be lost,and the ship too,so anyone can choose what to do.Save an officer life or lose ship AND crew.

Thx for reading.

When lot of people exits a port, there is a stack of ships. Everyone is in the same pile, and none knows who and how many there are.

When exiting port, make a bit of space between the ships. The stack is, maybe not the best option.

Might work with 5 ships, but what happens when there are ten or more. The ships must be in range of the port, to reenter, and not be sitting in shallows.

Make it possible to move gold from server to server.  There can be a fee from this.

For example an ability to move X millions per month, and there is Y% fee.

You cannot move gold from PvE server to PvP server.

This could maybe solve the issue with server merges, etc.

I'd even go one step further, to make it like the real life feeling, when a ship appeared at a distance:

Show no Identity text at all.

Ships could only be identified visually, when close enough - even the nationality, by checking the flag.

The only real problem I see with this (And this may be restricted to me) is that I have a heck of a time using the glass when I'm in open world.  We're moving too fast in relation to one another, and the panning is not perfected yet.