Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

If the game is to feature avatars one day, running around with a saw and a barrel of rum would be funny for sure. Then a captain would choose between rum for morale or rum for surgery. If we could get more realistic workshops, cooking could be interesting - meat has to be properly cooked, water mixed with vinegar and hardtack dunked in brine. Launching knifes on rats in the bilge would make for a nice hobby. During battles, launching grappling hooks or turning a grapeshot-loaded carronade to the quarterdecks could punctuate the boardings. Not sure about the pumping workshop though.

+1 vote for adding realistic cooking simulation into the game. Should be a high priority. Sailors ate every day - much more often then they fought.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope your game will have sail damage (lots of holes from cannon balls) and falling masts while in combat.  Also I see no movement in the sailing while underway like flapping in the wind. Cannon balls impacting the sails I have not seen this on the u tube posts.   Total War sea battles have pretty good action regarding this part of where sea battles. Look forward to the game.  Regards Toggman

This is an idea, obviously way way way ahead.

Once Naval's done or majoritively done, why not move to land?

Command a regiment/company of troops, be it Line, cav, light, artillery, purchase a comission ect, see to supplies for your units

Bear in mind this is an indea for far far far far far far into the future. :P

• Like 1

I would like to see getting FOULED..............I see in several tube videos ships running into each other but not alot of Damage nor-the ships getting caught up in each others mast.

this would effectively stop the 2 ships until they are cleared from each other.

I also would like to see the ship mast dragging in the water after it is lost from fire...also slowing the ship and turning it toward the side that the mast fell to...until it is cleared by the crew and cut loose... 

• Like 3

Guns we not sure yet. You can change gun types on each deck and will be able to pick the number of guns on it. But inside that deck they will need to be similar (technology and ui limitations).

Does that mean chase guns will have to be the same as the rest of the quarter deck and forecastle.

I don't know where is that topic that i should write it in, so ill write it here, i would like to listen to classical, 18-19th century naval songs like in the mount & blade warband napoleonic wars, i think it would be real fun to listen to those kind of songs, maybe the crew would sing it also. + yeah like the previous commenters I would be happy to fish in the game. I could imagine in the Open World, maybe on the shores or on your own ship in the middle of the ocean.

• Like 1

another suggestion

Getting caught in "IRONs" will the ship take damage to mast if sails are open more than aset % ??  I have seen in several Videos/battles where players are almost

Facing Straight Into the Wind and have sails set to a very high % (70%).

since we are not having an aprupt change of windangle or speeds I dont think the mast of any of those ships will come down.

Also this ship is doing it with almost every canvas set:

However.

If we are in a storm and cannot ride the waves in front of the wind this may happen very likely even with storm canvas set.

Also:

if running ashore or on shallow water we may loose masts if the wind is at a certain speed

Of course I'm joking, but still crab is really tasty. The Northwestern or The Time Bandit belongs in Ship Simulator. When we start sailing in Naval Action, there will no longer be a need for Ship Simulator. I did start a small discussion on fishing. I think we are allowed to have a little fun. Pretty much everything I want to see in game has already been mentioned. My favorite is the ability to run the guns out at the appropriate time. Showing yer teeth. (opening and closing gun ports)

Everyone watch Deadliest Catch. The realist reality show.

• Like 1

Get rid of mounted videttes..... no mounted units were involved in the battle except in the cavalry battle on day 3. Ranges of cavalry carbines should be reduced rifled muskets outranged them buy at least 50%. And you should check your history. Confederate Artillery were crack units in most cases better than their union counterparts. All Southern Infantry had better morale than any union unit except the Iron Brigade. In other words get rid of the pro-union bias......

Or maybe post in the correct section of the forum :P

That'll show those Yankees what-for!

• Like 3

Get rid of mounted videttes..... no mounted units were involved in the battle except in the cavalry battle on day 3. Ranges of cavalry carbines should be reduced rifled muskets outranged them buy at least 50%. And you should check your history. Confederate Artillery were crack units in most cases better than their union counterparts. All Southern Infantry had better morale than any union unit except the Iron Brigade. In other words get rid of the pro-union bias......

youall need boats to cross da RIVER???????

since we are not having an aprupt change of windangle or speeds I dont think the mast of any of those ships will come down.

Also this ship is doing it with almost every canvas set:

However.

If we are in a storm and cannot ride the waves in front of the wind this may happen very likely even with storm canvas set.

Also:

if running ashore or on shallow water we may loose masts if the wind is at a certain speed

Thanks for the fast reply..and video