Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Diplomacy needs to be redone/re added. Whats the point of all these nations when it's just one big free for all anyways? Might as well just remove every nation and just leave the British and French.

You can either have a voting system where every player votes, r have a system that elects players for a short period of time to at as president (say an election each week).

We had this.  Everyone in the nation got a weekly vote as to who was an ally and who was an enemy.  It turned into a static situation within 3 weeks.  And it never changed.  

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

We had this.  Everyone in the nation got a weekly vote as to who was an ally and who was an enemy.  It turned into a static situation within 3 weeks.  And it never changed.  

Well then have it to where alliances change every once in a while, it'd be much better than a free for all. If players decide to keep alliances then that's their choice. That's how alliances are supposed to work.

7 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Whats the point of all these nations when it's just one big free for all anyways? Might as well just remove every nation and just leave the British and French.

That's the entire point.... Maybe part of the captains out there don't want a Reds vs Blues scenario but a lot of nations so wars can be conducted in various fronts and diplomacy is "sandbox" and conducted by the players/clans.

Even if the voting alliance mechanic looked okay, in the end it became a Blues vs Reds scenario which limited a lot of opportunities.

A semi curated system of "alternative history" could work IF the playerbase would be willing to accept the destructive fates of war and loss associated with it. And here lies the trick. Majority isn't.

I really don't think players should easily be able to make clans at all, clans should be more like trading companies. The clans take all the focus from the nation to a specific group of players. If you play the game you know this. YOU WILL NEVER FORM A FLEET WITH PLAYERS FROM YOUR NATION, if you're not from their clan, which is freaking terrible.

1 hour ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

I really don't think players should easily be able to make clans at all, clans should be more like trading companies. The clans take all the focus from the nation to a specific group of players. If you play the game you know this. YOU WILL NEVER FORM A FLEET WITH PLAYERS FROM YOUR NATION, if you're not from their clan, which is freaking terrible.

I could not possibly disagree more, I would give the clans more control particularly over ports that they captured

That's insane, clans are the only thing that divides the whole nation into little bit of pieces and groups of players, instead of being a whole nation in the first place. The clan comes first, than the nation, that's just ridiculous.

It should be the other way around, dude. Nation first, than the clan.

And I'm not saying that I we should delete the clan system, no, just make it harder or more difficult to create, like make the price a little bit higher than right now, it's just too easy to create a clan and play separate from the nation itself, that divides the whole playerbase even more. The nations are already dividing our player base, clans do exactly the same INSIDE the nation where the player resides, think about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

That's insane, clans are the only thing that divides the whole nation into little bit of pieces and groups of players, instead of being a whole nation in the first place. The clan comes first, than the nation, that's just ridiculous.

It should be the other way around, dude. Nation first, than the clan.

And I'm not saying that I we should delete the clan system, no, just make it harder or more difficult to create, like make the price a little bit higher than right now, it's just too easy to create a clan and play separate from the nation itself, that divides the whole playerbase even more. The nations are already dividing our player base, clans do exactly the same INSIDE the nation where the player resides, think about it.

We are going to have to agree to disagree then 😎

@admin

Would be nice to get rid of redundant "OK" button clicks. Repairing Crew in port works as it should, you click "APPLY" and no second window pops up to click "OK". However, when Repairing Ship after clicking "APPLY" it does so and then requires you to click "OK" for no reason. Same thing happens when Buying and Selling Resources. There is no reason for the "OK" click.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

I would like to see a warning for a blueprint buy you already have.  I realize that you may craft a blueprint for a clan mate and that is great.  However, when I hover over a book it tells me I already have learned that before I buy.  Now that owned blueprints are stored in two places Academy for some and Workshop for others it might be difficult or confusing on where to click to craft.  You may look and think you don't have it in the wrong place.  You then spend 500 doubloons for a duplicate you cant sell back for doubloons.   

So if you hover over a blueprint and you have it is says in green like knowledge books you already have this book.  Then you can buy it if you want for another and be reminded not to buy it if you have it but cant find where it is used.  It looks like you make it cause it shows you the formula but you get another blueprint that you have instead of the product

Demurrage for fast shipping cargo.   There should be missions where cities buy products with a Demurrage.  That is a time based delivery.  You take the mission it puts the cargo in your hold and you have to deliver it in a certain time to the port requesting to get a bonus.  If you dont make the the demurrage there can be penalties or just the regular delivery rate.

Make shipping more like shipping where the transporter does not own the cargo.

Insurance purchased on transported cargo.  If you get caught you get certain amount back like crafted ships.  This should cost something. Price of insurance can be set up as to investment level to type of port if complications are added it makes it more interesting.   

Maybe even players offer insurance and they pocket the fee if the cargo makes it safely and lose the Insurance if it is intercepted.  This could have a problem of Alts paying so they can intercept but they do not necessarily know the route or time of transport.  So the risk that it is intercepted by another is still on the Alt.  Sort of an insurance game (Lloyds of London style) within this game

Formula: Lloyds of Naval Action

1. Player (1)Buys insurance for your cargo at 30% of cost
  2. Player(2) puts 100% of cargo cost to provide insurance or has a pool that covers the cost.
  3. 30% fee placed in insurer player (2) pool. 
  4. Player sells cargo for 2.44 profit releases insurance to sell
  5. If cargo is lost player gets the insured amount (note he is out the 30% fee no matter what happens)
  6. Risk based on distance cargo, player reputation, try to avoid destination exploit information but since the insurer and insuree have risk this should not be an issue.  Time of sailing may be communicated possibly or hidden.
Edited by angriff
added formula

Give the >>3rd Rate<< some love and a real name pleeeease. Name her e.g. >>Kent<<>>Superb<<, >>Dragon<<, >>Defence<< or whatever. She has a role in game nowadays and really deserves a name.

#3rdratelove

Having the translation of military voice effects linked to the Nation you chose to play, not to the langage of your UI.

for example, a German playing GB would have a German UI but British voices on his British ships.

Seeing Italian translation, I wonder...

However, crews were multinational.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

Ok this is a little thing.  I would like to see a relation to the type of ship at a bottle sunken ship to the size of the cargo load.  Yesterday, I took an LGV to get cargo from a sealed bottle wreck that said it was a lynx.  I got there and it was 2100 lbs.  I had to turn around go back and get an Indiaman to pick it up.   Sort of drops the immersion level when a sunken lynx has 2100 lbs in at 500 lb hold.  It could also tell you that you need to avoid bringing a smaller trader.

Edited by angriff
  • Like 3

The ability to change the text size and colour of friend and enemy captains in a battle instance. An additional option of a day and night name colours toggle.

The colours look different on different screens. White names against white clouds is also a bit of a problem in a 50 ship PB!

Buster (pink on pink fire)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

Was playing the testbed and thought of some ideas for combat. Now that the boarding is hidden to some degree so you don't know what the enemy is choosing I thought it'd be nice to expand on this some more.

My thoughts is to make the enemy ship/crew UI invisible so you don't know exactly the condition of the enemy ship or crew. 

This will make fighting more interesting and make boarding more risk/reward since you don't know the exact state of the enemy crew.

I always thought it odd that I knew the exact condition and crew count of the enemy ship when fighting. Removal of this feature would greatly improve the combat experience, especially in PVP.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1

@admin Please rework the pb system, ma and so many other players (newcomers) would really like to see it back as it was 1 year ago. We feel like its too hard for the attacker and requires too much preparation: the only ones who do pbs from time to time are currently the brits (HAVOC). Also dozens  of players i know find it really hard to stay motivated to play withput the conquest system. We all feel like it has the priority over anything else and ita the feature that will attract the most abd that will keep motivated to play. We'd gladly appreciate a reply.

clan timers to be the same across the map for all nations . Ports to cost more to disincentive larger clans hoovering up everything without there being any negatives

probably topics already brought up and perhaps need looking at again

tactical timers though. I understand clans not wanting to be attacked when they sleep . Perhaps a clan can only attack others when their own ports can be attacked, (the same time).