Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

2 hours ago, Aster said:

Indianman refit, just like the LGV refit.

Considering that the Indiamen were a mix of war- and tradingship and generally superior to frigates in terms of armament, it should probably rather be buffed to increase its combat ability as default. But the refit could be a upgunned and upcrewed version or something along those lines...

• Like 1

This is a small change, but I think instead of the day taking 20 minutes to complete, it should be increased to 60 minutes for the following reasons:

1.  I personally find the rate at which the stars and sun move takes away slightly from immersion.  The sunsets and sunrises, as well as the night and day cycles look absolutely amazing to me, so spending more time in each day state would be highly desirable and feel more real.

2.  This would give more time within the dark hours to run blockades, ambush ships (if you can spot them!) and even make an escape as the darkest period of night only lasts 2-4 minutes in real time.  This would now last 12 minutes or so, if increased to 60 minutes. 

3. Would make ded reckoning navigation even more important as there would be a longer period without adequate visual landmarks at night, ect. 

I think it would be a small change to make an already great game better!  I am new to this MMO and I am absolutely in love.  Thanks for all the hard work!

• Like 1

I would like to make a thread where people can write suggestions in, what changes they would like to see and which are simple to implement or adjusted.

We are no devs though, so we can just post things we assume are simple to implement. For example the recent Depower change. (i guess :D)

I would like to have:

-more outposts (maybe two more?)

-eliminating random fire mode

-unlimited/bigger dock space (i dont see the point of limiting the number of owned ships)

-cheaper PVP-Shipnotes

-free Fleet Control 1 Perk

Lets hear what you think about this or add something you would like to see.

I dont really agree with the suggestions. Dont feel we really need more outposts. Yes it would be nice to have but now you have to make some decisions on what you want to do and where you want to set up an outpost. And it is true i rage sometimes as well that i would like to have 2 more or 3 or 4 but the nuumber is what it is.

If they would add more outpost lets say that you will need to pay a daily tax on it. Then it would work for me. Then it is still a choice to be made and it would just drain money if you dont use it.

The same goes for more dock space. You can dock lets say 2 ships in a port for free. If you want to use more dock space its ok but you will have to pay for the space you take up in the docks (a bit roleplaying thinking)

I do agree with the free fleet perk and yes please eliminate this random fire mode or at least let us assign a button or 2 for switching between 100 and 250 metres. Now it is just annoying when you are in a brawl on 1 side and long distance on the other

-Mine of copper in all nation capitals. Only two ports with copper not enough.

-Deliveries. We would spend less time in trading and we would have more time for PvP, RvR etc.

-tow request with repairs.

-to be able to build boats of the color you want, as before.

if it's about making a game fun, these things did. Many current things make it repetitive and therefore they bore. If they wish to maintain an acceptable number of people in the naval action, they soften the mechanics of the game. (taxes, crafting, PvP rewards, trade etc).

Regards!!.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet

Tax population? I mean someone has to live in all those ports. Population needs to live, eat something, consume goods etc.

Possibility to blockade supply lines, "starve", or decrease population, those could rise up, switch sides?

Decreasing population pays less taxes, economy war?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Regarding fish and the right click-option "destroy"

unknown.png

I would suggest, specifically for fish, to change from Destroy to Set Free.

"Set Free?"

"Are you sure that you want to free Jack ?"

:) 

• Like 3

I would like to see whalers ( whale oil was a very expensive resource in those times ). Whaling ships could catch whales only in certain areas of the map, at high sea away from land, to give some chance of catching whales and elude raiders. The whales could be fished aleatory like the bottles.

USS Essex hunted many british whalers on the Pacific before getting captured by british frigates.

This would give more content for players that like to do only trade, and would open more windows for pvp.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Cabral said:

I would like to see whalers ( whale oil was a very expensive resource in those times ). Whaling ships could catch whales only in certain areas of the map, at high sea away from land, to give some chance of catching whales and elude raiders.

Well, it's a very good idea. In fact whales, sharks etc should be deployed in OW and whales could be hunted with a Le Gros Ventre prepared to hunt them.(Maybe buildings, perk). Then the oil would be refined and sold at the ports at a very good price. The areas of deep-sea hunting evidently. It would be one more resource and there would be more boats in OW. Regards!!

• Like 2

Probably suggested before, but more logical ranging shot patterns. There are lots of ships (aggie, essex) whose top decks are set back and make aiming a pain in the butt. Also some ships (pavel, renommee) where the deck guns are just absurd... 4... at the stern?!?

Let us either customize the firing pattern (IE gun deck fires first then deck guns) or just make them fire from bow to stern with the highest and foremost cannon firing. So on aggie it would fire several of the middle deck guns moving along the battery till it reached the deck guns and then fire those as you fire more ranging shots.

As is lots of ships have huge "weaknesses" that would be completely irrelevant irl because playing them is just a nightmare, the St. Pavel is already at a big disadvantage vs the Bucentaure and even less people play it because of the annoyance of messing with the cannons or having an empty gun deck.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Players.

Let's not forget that we are experiencing an unusually warm and early summer in Europe this year. Player loss may has nothing to do at all with the game itself but everybody being out getting a sun burn instead of a screen burn (lame wordplay, I know).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Barberouge said:

No. Crew locations on deck do not change, but the previous casualties affect the damage to crew done by a shot. The boarding crew focus also increases the casualties in the weather deck.

Could you guys add a better 'enemy prepares for boarding' indicator please? (Drums sound?)

Edited by Wind