Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

Didn't want to make another thread, here is another sum-up of changes / new additions id like to see... It keeps repeating itself but STILL those things need to be added IMO

• Nerf thickness of 3rd - 1st rates by about 5-10%
  • Rebalance BR properly, indefatigable has same BR as a wasa? In a world with BR limited Port Battles, this is nonsense; give the bellona an use again
  • Buy contracts for ships?..
  • Paints for pvp marks (They are already made and all, why not let us enjoy them)
  • Make Safe Zones depending on Rank - Midshipman would get to enjoy the current safe zone size; as the player ranks up, his safe zone range shrinks. A Rear Admiral's safe zone should be at least reduced to half of its current size.
  • Remove all speed mods except copper plating and 1 "Speed Trim" (with -10% HP) Upgrades and make them craftable. Was like that prior to the wipe, worked out well.
  • Bring back a duel room; sometimes in an OW MMO things can get hairy, easiest solution to solve issues is a gentleman duel
  • Training room for newbies, no gains, no losses, just for practise (Maybe we'll see something similar with the tutorial?)
  • Reduce mast thickness, greatly increase mast HP
  • exponential reward curve for pvp; regular 100% reward for 1v1 same BR; up to 200% reward for fighting outnumbered 1 : 3+ BR; down to 20% reward fighting 10+ : 1 BR
  • Buff Carronades Penetration values; they are pretty much useless in frigate battles at the moment
Edited by Liq
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liq said:

Didn't want to make another thread, here is another sum-up of changes / new additions id like to see... It keeps repeating itself but STILL those things need to be added IMO

• Nerf thickness of 3rd - 1st rates by about 5-10%
  • Rebalance BR properly, indefatigable has same BR as a wasa? In a world with BR limited Port Battles, this is nonsense; give the bellona an use again
  • Buy contracts for ships?..
  • Paints for pvp marks (They are already made and all, why not let us enjoy them)
  • Make Safe Zones depending on Rank - Midshipman would get to enjoy the current safe zone size; as the player ranks up, his safe zone range shrinks. A Rear Admiral's safe zone should be at least reduced to half of its current size.
  • Remove all speed mods except copper plating and 1 "Speed Trim" (with -10% HP) Upgrades and make them craftable. Was like that prior to the wipe, worked out well.
  • Bring back a duel room; sometimes in an OW MMO things can get hairy, easiest solution to solve issues is a gentleman duel
  • Training room for newbies, no gains, no losses, just for practise (Maybe we'll see something similar with the tutorial?)
  • Reduce mast thickness, greatly increase mast HP
  • exponential reward curve for pvp; regular 100% reward for 1v1 same BR; up to 200% reward for fighting outnumbered 1 : 3+ BR; down to 20% reward fighting 10+ : 1 BR
  • Buff Carronades Penetration values; they are pretty much useless in frigate battles at the moment

Id like to add to Liquicity's list:

A wind direction meter in port

Ability to sell paints in shop

1 hour ago, rediii said:

additionally the thicknessgap between 2nd and 1st rates has to be lower. At the moment a Victory has 6cm more basethickness than a buccentaure while a buccentaure has only 1 cm more than a Bellona.

Kinda doesnt make sense

Yes, buff the Bucentaure! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

About time we saw some more crew on our ships. I get the limitations of peoples hardware but as a graphical option it be nice to be able to toggle more models of crew onto our ships and others. In general there's a lot of minor touches like that which would increase the immersion for most players and I'm certain they've been talked about a lot. At the very least it be nice to see full gun crews at least on the weather deck of each ship.

• Like 1

A colorful captain's logbook other people can visit and check some info. e.g.

Name
Nation (and history with dates)
Clan (and history with dates)
Small infobox (Captain's selfmade comments for visitors)
Most used ship(s) (stats)
Comment section 

• Like 2

It would be nice to add crew animations on the ship like manning the sails, running up and down the deck, the captain and first mate on the quarter deck..visible whether on combat or open  world...like on Napoleon Total War ship battles...

Gear makes a huge difference now. Show us gear scores if you want to keep it like this.

New guy with a gear score of 10 should understand that his enemy had a gear score of 220.

I see myself as a PvP player.  I don't see why gear should make me better.  If I have 220 gear score and my enemy has 10, I want to see that I am raping a noob.  If I have 10 and my enemy has 220, I want to make him feel bad that he lost that fight.  Without gear score we simply make new guys to feel bad, which is not good for the game.

Another could be that you add upgrade locations.

Sails, Rudder, Masts, Planking, etc.  each one has its own slot.   You can have only one upgrade per location.  No stacking basically.

This way may not need even better or worse upgrades.  You can have multiple upgrades that have +10% HP but each one has different penalty.

Just lost another frigate, my favorite one equipped with permanent upgrades, in battle (PvE).

--

Nothing unusual, you may think?

I would not whine, but it is happening because I get disconnected and 'client.exe' stopped working. I should not dare going into battle any more. Not because of the opponent, but because it sucks losing ships due to connectivity problems. Ships are too precious for that.

Lost an Indiaman first, then a Cerberus, a Heavy Rattlesnake, couple of days ago a freshly manufactured frigate with her fleet companion, a Mercury. And this noon the frigate I mentioned first. Sent a connection report at 13:16h GMT+1, afterwards, just in case someone at the studio wants to look.

Now all of this asks for player ships staying safe if the game notices connection got lost. Don't punish players for it by rendering their ships helpless to further damage and destruction.

The mortar brig is almost impossible to use:

• The red aiming circle has been removed.  No indication of how steady the aim and dispersion will be.
  • The white dashed aiming circle is very faint and doesn't paint on land making it useless
  • The shot report shows hull hits yet sometimes its negligible damage...other times it takes down structure.  Are base rock hits registering as hull now?

The round forts also need to be tougher.  They are almost more a liablility for the defender as a buc can easily sail up to one and sink it.  The forts also seem to have a minimum range so they cant shoot close ships.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2018 at 2:30 AM, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Lost an Indiaman first, then a Cerberus, a Heavy Rattlesnake, couple of days ago a freshly manufactured frigate with her fleet companion, a Mercury. And this noon the frigate I mentioned first. Sent a connection report at 13:16h GMT+1, afterwards, just in case someone at the studio wants to look..

Unfortunately they can't fix your poor connection/route.  You should pursue that with your ISP, who can diagnose your connection and maybe even change your route to NA servers.  When my girlfriend's Apple products are hogging up all of the internet bandwidth I actually have a lot less connectivity problems with Naval Action than I do with some other games.  (I don't recall ever having the exact problem you describe "disconnected client.exe stopped working" no matter how bad my connection has been) 

Would be nice to have:

• Priority setting in loading guns; right now we can only stop a side from reloading - but sometimes we want to load both, while needing one first; no way to control which one gets prioritised
  • Button to tell the crew to lign up the guns to "max left" or "max right" position, at the moment you have to enter gunnery view and do it manually; this is valuable time you can be "outside" in 3rd person getting an overview of the situation

Also, I dont really know if it's just me, but since the thickness change, the damage model seems a little off at times. Sometimes I tend to get more damage on the side I'm NOT exposing when getting shot, than on the one that is facing the enemy (?)

Edited by Liq

2 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Unfortunately they can't fix your poor connection/route. 

I know. I would only suggest no 'auto-battle calculation' runs on when a player is disconnected. Either you find yourself respawn into OW with the exact damage situation when you were disconnected, or the game would be able to let you continue inside battle instance when you reconnect. Maybe a series of auto saves during battle would be an idea for this, so you will join at the last one before getting thrown out. Let's say - one minute intervalls, so they don't let you change the course of the battle too much by setting in much earlier (and avoiding mistakes you may have done).

On 2/25/2018 at 9:53 AM, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I know. I would only suggest no 'auto-battle calculation' runs on when a player is disconnected. Either you find yourself respawn into OW with the exact damage situation when you were disconnected, or the game would be able to let you continue inside battle instance when you reconnect. Maybe a series of auto saves during battle would be an idea for this, so you will join at the last one before getting thrown out. Let's say - one minute intervalls, so they don't let you change the course of the battle too much by setting in much earlier (and avoiding mistakes you may have done).

If you DC in battle, your sails just go to 0 and you sit still until you reconnect. Depending on the battle, you may or may not make it back in time to save your ship.

I would prefer it though if your ship would just continue straight at whatever sail setting and heading you had until you reconnect.