Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

What I would like to see in the game

The possibility to: Change the name of the ship

design my own flag

train my crew, so they get better and better

bring in most possible personality of my crew and ships

free sailing without fights in an open sea

rest my ship in a Harbour

best reality in sailing, weather, ballistic and so on

lights ,whistles and great Sound on board to bring a living athmosphere to the ship

and a lot of other things, but let us wait what the time will bring to us.

• Like 3

and you have to remember, naming/renaming can make devs some nice money! Players can rename ships for in-store currency. Why not?

No just no. Why would I pay real money just so I can get a can of black paint and a can of white paint to paint over the old name and paint a new name. We aren't all swimming in cash. There are other ways of making it difficult to change the name of your ship.

Yeah and I think getting the greenlight on steam sorta stumped them. So they are probably rushing around trying to get a load of stuff done for steam. I would imagine getting voted in on steam greenlight would be one hell of a motivation. Also being based in Ukraine isn't exactly the best of places to be at the moment. Even if it is Kiev.

Actually, I like the playing real money to change the name of your ship. You pick a name when the ship is built at a dockyard, and you get a free name change token when you buy a ship off of the market. Sure, you can call your ship $W4GCH00PRXX, but it'll cost you $.50 to name it something else when you tire of your terrible choice.. wont be doing that again, will you.

• Like 2

Actually, I like the playing real money to change the name of your ship. You pick a name when the ship is built at a dockyard, and you get a free name change token when you buy a ship off of the market. Sure, you can call your ship $W4GCH00PRXX, but it'll cost you $.50 to name it something else when you tire of your terrible choice.. wont be doing that again, will you.

Yes but its a feature that will only turn people away from the game. Paying money to change something that small only gives the impression that its a game you have to pay more money to do anything.

Ships boats on deck.

And usable boats for lifeboats and boarding and cutting out expeditions, although that's probably not a "little" thing.

we had boats on deck (even asked players about them) but everyone said that boats were never on deck in combat

Please give us more updates about your game. One time a week should not be too much for some words about your Progress.

Will do more of course.

We are rolling out a optimization patch this week - there were basically no news because of that

we had boats on deck (even asked players about them) but everyone said that boats were never on deck in combat

Not exactly.

The deck is pretty much the only place to store the boats. So they didn't take boats when they were just going to battle or on a short patrols. On Longer journeys they had boats.

Ships boats weren't thought of as life boats. But they were used mainly to go ashore or between ships at sea. You didn't need to do either of those things for a battle. Boats on the deck in a battle are only more splinters flying around. If the ship starts sinking the boats are largely useless because they would be riddled with holes as well.

If you got caught and you were carrying boats that's tough luck.

Many captains did however tow their boats behind them. This often isn't reflected in artwork as its seen as slightly cowardly and doesn't have any artistic value.

• Like 1

As you said, Lemonade, Boats were never a good idea to have on deck while beeing in a battle.

Only a stupid or surprised captain would have them around in a fight. They were towed astern for that reason you meantioned.

But maybe we will see the boats hoisted in when we are on the open sea map.

And/Or maybe we can have special events where we need the boats to do stealth attacks in the night(boardings).

Also its a possible gimmic (not much hope to see it tough) to have control over the small boats for some occations.

In calm weather the boats could be used to pull the ship info the fog (yes idea taken from Master & Commander) or to avoid battle (reminds me of USS Constitution under studding sails, saw this in a picture once).

Also it would be nice if it would be possible to hoist "wrong" colours to confuse the enemy, but if the first shot is fired under wrong colours you loose honour or something like that.

Gunsmoke that stays, i dont know how easy/hard it is to make real gunsmoke, but i whould be freakin cool if there was gunsmoke that stay around, so if you have several ships shooting constantly you build up a dense fog around your fleet.

• Like 1

This probably won't be a popular idea but I would like overpowered stern and bow chasers, subtly overpowered, at least when they aim for the rigging or rudder.

I just love the tension a really stern chase, as Steven Maturin would say, "an eager, a grim, a most determined pursuit, inspired by inveterate animosity." And that requires the possibility of damage from just 2 guns at long range.

That isn't achieved by overpowering guns.  It is achieved by a realistic damage model that allows for lucky shots that do critical damage to rigging or steering.

Think about the consequences for normal gameplay, though.

If it is possible to knock down a mast or spar with a single shot from a chaser, we can expect a full broadside or two to wreck the rigging completely. I doubt that the devs will relish the idea of every battle ending up with unmanageable hulks on each side.

Little things you'd like to see:

Ship potentially capsizing in bad weather if not sailed well so paying attention to the weather, and head to the nearest bay/cove (if there is one nearby) for protection and wait it out, or you can continue to run the risk of sailing in bad weather depending on trading profits and if there is some form of skill set that improves over time/set skills.

• Like 1

i have another idea, delayed shots means you have the choise to start a cannondeck shooting 1 cannon the the next then the next etc.. unlike in PotBS where you can only shoot an entire gundeck at a time id like to see that we where able to shoot 1 cannon at a time at a set delay or by pressing the fire button several time. why? well first of all you could do this to force a surrender by a merchant ship by shooting warning shots without the intention to do any real damage. for the secound this whould be good to finnish off allready heavy damaged vessels. it whould also be pretty cool if your guns fire one by one and keep fireing constantly, when the last gun is fired off the first is reloaded =)