Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

3 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Trash wood! In my eyes there is no such thing. Still doing only fir and oak I have a lot of fun and get my occasional kills. Of course there´s only a little if no chance against a super pimped enemy of equal size. But well... my ships are cheap and easily replaced. Fun!

Yeah but you use Fir/Oak ships? Or you build fir/fir and oak/oak ?

I speak about combos like LO(tank)/fir(speed) ... they just dont fit together ...

18 hours ago, Gilles de Rais said:

Can we ad a choose-wood Option to the elite-ship-notes ? With random wood they are just trash ... nobody wants these trash wood ships since crafters sell good ships ...

Yeah, i hoped people would justuse it for PZ ... but they dont ....

Strong port boni can annihilate the disadvantages of a weird wood combination. In the sum you may get a ship that is still better than crafter's choice ships, despite strange wood setup. I would in fact also prefer to chose woods for elite notes. Just that argument you used does not work.

• Like 1

Considering battle confusion is not an argument anymore since the introduction of DLC flags, I’d really like to hoist my own flag even when joining the side of a different nation. 

If alliances are in the work, the confusion would be even less ;)

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Ability to see a player info which is in ignore list (right now right click - info does nothing)

As far as i remember - long time ago there was rank next to each clan member in the clan list - and now its gone (only curse/biggest? is shown). Is thats how it should be?

New UI for chat and clan details (it wasn't changed with all rest of UI and i'd like to see the same style there too. At least style, probably rewriting it fine too, but... Someone has any ideas on that?) 

Edited by Red Tail

diplomatic - alliance system (per nation and or per clan nationwide)

flags in OW

correct flags on the ships (ensign, banners, streamers, royal standard etc.)

CLAN Flags (simplified) (create a menu where the clan leader can choose from some items to create a FLAG)

the ships look to empty (cleaned up) - put some stuff on it

trading system including stock exchange and banks

the sailing behave - that is all but not realistic when ships sails backward faster then forward or can turn as there is no physical law.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see more contract slots opened in connection with being a port owner or lord protector for your clan for that port.

With your personal limited 10 contracts you very soon hit the ceiling, while the port ownership makes it necessary to have contracts serving this.

When you lose the port or the protector mandate, you would of course lose also additional slots for contracts again. This would be connected with your function, not your person.

--

Particularly when we see anything like what I suggested lately, about trade in that port causing growth or decline of said port.

--

EDIT: these contract slots have to be locked to that port, meaning, they can be set up only in this local shop, to avoid exploits. Make them 5x for smaller ports and 10x for the largest.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Show the shot type underneath the cannon icons.

Click mouse to change shot type instead of number keys.

Changing shot type means load that next, instead of scoop out the ball and reload.

Priority to a side, load that side first if shorthanded.

Start battle full sail as default.

Edited by Nooop
Added sentence

4 minutes ago, Nooop said:

Show the shot type underneath the cannon icons. isnt it shown enough at the bottom of the screen in the middle?

Click mouse to change shot type instead of number keys. both options would be good :) 

Changing shot type means load that next, instead of scoop out the ball and reload. 

Priority to a side, load that side first if shorthanded. You can already do that by looking to 1 side and clicking F5 key to stop the reloading for that side

Start battle full sail as default. do you mean so you start at 100%? or that you wont have to click 4 times W key to setup to 100%? Dont think it would be a good change anyhow since you wouldnt be able to control your ship properly from the start

13 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Show the shot type underneath the cannon icons. isnt it shown enough at the bottom of the screen in the middle?

Not when you are looking at the crosshair view, then you only see your current side.

Priority to a side, load that side first if shorthanded. You can already do that by looking to 1 side and clicking F5 key to stop the reloading for that side

That prevents loading that side ever. I want it loaded next after the good side is finished. Like if I 1222 I want the good side loaded tirst, but I don't want the other side turned off. I know you can micromanage it, but I that's too many view changes and keypresses when I am already barely able to keep up with all that is going on in a battle.

or that you wont have to click 4 times W key

Yes, that. Higher level up you may not want full, but I have never had need for anything but full at start. Certainly can't think of how stop would be used.

I'd like to be able to close a battle on my own side so that people can't join me and increase the BR difference, thus making it possible for more bad guys to join.  Happened last night where I was in my Herc and I tagged a Pirate Surprise.  With a lower BR I settled in for a nice 1v1.  Then a third nationality joined on my side, putting the BR high and inviting the swarm of Pirates outside to come in.  @admin, can't we have a "Welcome on/off" switch, please?

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 1:26 AM, Nooop said:

Not when you are looking at the crosshair view, then you only see your current side. Ah ok i understand your point. I dont know if you prefer to play zoomed in or not all the time, but i've never had problems quick right clicking to check what my e.g. stern is loaded with.

That prevents loading that side ever. I want it loaded next after the good side is finished. Like if I 1222 I want the good side loaded tirst, but I don't want the other side turned off. I know you can micromanage it, but I that's too many view changes and keypresses when I am already barely able to keep up with all that is going on in a battle. Like a "Priority side" ?  I guess that would make sense

Yes, that. Higher level up you may not want full, but I have never had need for anything but full at start. Certainly can't think of how stop would be used. In situations where you would expect your enemy to start with chain. Smaller ships would be heavily affected by this change, as they require so little time to raise sails and zoom off by no sails.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater