Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

1. A marker on the map where you are and some navigational tools to aid in plotting courses.

2. Possibilty to drop into realistic sailing without going into a battle.

3. Ships in harbours in the open world view.

4. A way to view your own ships in dock so you can gloat and gibber at your beautiful collection.

5. Customizable decoration on ships you craft (paint and so forth) with LIMITATIONS. I would hate for the world to be full of pink Victories.

So, when you are in port and you look at your ship's specs you see that line that tells you how much crew you have, right? 

Like this:

"Crew: xxx + xx (if you have extra hammocks) (min. xx)"

I would like if two more lines were added below that which tell you how much crew you will need for sailing and the armament you currently have on your ship. 

Like this:

"Sailing Crew: xxx"

"Gunnery Crew: xxx/xxx"

Behind gunnery crew there are two numbers. First number would show you how much crew you can have in gunnery when sailing is fully crewed and the second number shows you how much crew you would need to fully crew gunnery too. 

https://gyazo.com/75a2675ae8712d7951182d56c3c1c23f

Can anything be done about this!??  Pull into port to sell, and all i get is this?  All we can do is assume that the port is full.  We can't tell if its full, or if this guys sell order is blocking our chance to sell to the market! I've seen this in many different ports, with different items. Could it be an attempt to mess up our economy?  To prevent us from selling our stuff? To me, it would be nice if a sellers contract didn't block how much the port had of an item, and (if its not full) allow us to make the sale!   Despite this rant... great job guys, keep the great work going!

• Like 1

https://gyazo.com/75a2675ae8712d7951182d56c3c1c23f

Can anything be done about this!??  Pull into port to sell, and all i get is this?  All we can do is assume that the port is full.  We can't tell if its full, or if this guys sell order is blocking our chance to sell to the market! I've seen this in many different ports, with different items. Could it be an attempt to mess up our economy?  To prevent us from selling our stuff? To me, it would be nice if a sellers contract didn't block how much the port had of an item, and (if its not full) allow us to make the sale!   Despite this rant... great job guys, keep the great work going!

post in the trading feedback topic please

this thread is for suggestion on adding little simple things that don't yet exist in game

Beautiful ideas - might be cute to watch.

But keep the frames in mind, guys - not everyone has a high-end machine...

Good point on that end.  I keep mine everything ultra with anti-aliasing maxed too and have no issues, but there are some who tone down the settings a lot.  I tone mine down too quite a bit when I play on my 6-yr old laptop.  ;)

Edited by Jean Ribault

Hey Devs, 

Great idea with the name of the ship builder on the ships. Going further could we implement the date it was crafted as to see how long your boat has survived the wars its in?

Also could it have like a captains log attached to the ship to see which port it was crafted in and how many times its changed hands?

Thoughts guys?

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16102-ship-documentation/

Love to see GPS removed, and replaced with tools to calculate your position to replace it.

Love to see the ability to lower and raise each sail seperately as well as the system already in place. Hold a key down and mouse click a sail to set or stow.

Love to see the ability to free roam on the ship so when sailing any distance you feel like your at deck height rather than follow cam, no need for avatar, just feel like feet on deck as an option.

• Like 2

I'd like to see musket men on the masts, waisters walking around on the decks, some men in the masts made to look like they are modifying the rigging, a helmsman, and perhaps a few officers and midship men located in various places to create some sense of order. 

I'd also love an additional camera that is restricted to the decks and stairs of a ship, making it seem more of a first person experience, but its understandable if this isn't implemented. 

A "fire as she bares" mode would be great to allow your gunners to fire as she sees fit, historically accurate while you steer your ship. 

For the upgrades that involve humans, like powder monkeys, boatswains, marines, I'd love to see buying them at the lowest level and training them up to mastercraft through battles like the officers. At the moment, the only way to get them is have already found them in the early days of the wreaks being introduced. 

A far better boarding system needs to be introduced. Perhaps you can force the boats when boarding to the same direction, and creating animations for the people fighting, with smoke puffs from the tops for the muskets, smoke clouds from cannons, shrapnel from grenades on the oppositions deck, and for the attack (excluding the boarding from ship to ship part) perhaps a cutlass fight on the main deck. 

I am very happy with the increased weight carried by fighting ships, and I would very much like it if the enemy ai had the ability to surrender. A trades cutter, lynx, and brig have nearly no defense against a rattlesnake, and after a certain amount of damage to the chase, such as say 50% of the sales, gradually increasing hull damage depending on the ship (a cutter and lynx requiring only a little damage to frighten the crew to surrendering where as a snow would not give up so easily) surrendering is a completely logical action. Since a chase takes 10-15 minutes on average to gain only a very small amount of resources and a ship to take apart (usually only giving 5-10 parts), shortening this time wouldn't be asking for too much. 

For the sake of realism, when sending ships to an outpost after capturing them, sending a small amount of crew along with them would be realistic as well, a prize crew that is. the larger the ship, the more men. 

There are a couple of activities I would like to see. Whaling would be a great addition and was common for the time. Rare fleets of traders would be great as well that you would need a fleet of three ships to take them all. And perhaps more controversial, slave ships to take and free. This was done by the British in the blockades of Africa, and it would not be out of possibility to do in the Americas. One of the most desired things to do however, is hunting a ship around the world. Say going from port to port to know where the ship has gone and slowly but surely track her and bring her to action. This could be a special event to award prizes, and would be hard enough or long enough that every one could complete it if given enough effort instead of the current wreaks of fleets awarding the lucky one person to get there first. 

The ability to order your ships in fleet to board would also be nice. Since you own the ships and since you crew them with your own money, I would like to see the ability to upgrade them in the ways you see fit. Hiring additional officers for them would also be nice. 

For the crew of ships, I would like to see the cannon loading, the sail setting, and accuracy all dependent on the rating of your crew. Landsmen vs able, men of war vs lubbers based on the experience they have in battle. since most naval actions did not fight to the last man (like a cutters crew will -_-) being out numbered would lower the morality quickly after each turn. How can a crew of 60 possibly fight a crew of 200 without losing faith so quickly?

Perhaps in battle, depending on your marines, you could shoot at the enemy's men when in a certian range. This would make the battles faster. Perhaps even making muskets a separate set of guns to be fired like you fire the cannons! Perhaps even set to ai mode like the suggestion for the cannons above. 

I have so many other suggestions, but I think this is quite a large enough bite to chew!

Not sure if this is a small thing to see or not and couldn't find if it was already mentioned, but i would really like to see buttons like:

Loot all or Take all for goods so we don't have to drag and drop each stack, especially in warehouse when i have to search for the equivalent goods in the warehouse to stack the goods from the ship.

Stack all or Sort all in the warehouse to sort all goods so if you have several stacks of the same good it sorts them all into one stack

Option to sort goods in the warehouse according to some filters, like alphabetically, type of goods, value, weight, etc. Alphabetically would be really helpful.

I would like to steer the rudder with the mouse wheel - forward = left | backward = right so that I can adjust the rudder precisely (turn only slighty to left... and so on) -- instead of the current cruel key-pressing & -releasing input. This would give the feeling of a real rudder.

Edit: alternatively -> make the a key turn left and when you release it, the rudder should stay in that position - make "s" center the rudder.

Edited by mikawa

mikawa, you can control the rudder VERY subtly.

Short ticks on the keys will give very small changes in direction;

whilst a double-tick makes the ship turn, until you hit the opposite direction key just once,

and the ship will go straight. I got used to it.

But I'm thinking of getting me the RAZER SABRETOOTH game controller.

Then I could steer the ship with the small joystick.