Game-Labs Forum

Remove names from OS

Pvp leaderboard, combat news etc is a great feature in my opinion.

However, is bad in two ways -

You know who to fight and who to avoid.

For example I go out in surprise and see another surprise,.. two things will happen:

1. I see the name of a pro pvp'er and I think to myself, - this ain't gonna happen this guy will slaughter me in so many ways, it will be murder.

2. Seen this around before, he probably around my skill lvl, i take my chances.

3. I never seen this guy before, i'll eat this guy for breakfast, can probably sink him with grape shots.

Guy nr 3 will get instant attacked.

Guy nr 1 will never get a fight unless he manages to catch his opponent off guard, or he will have to global "anyone for 1 v 1?", no?, i go play some legend then I can't get a fight.

You could keep possibility to see name but maybe add as a perk instead?.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. No player names in OW (only in battle)

2. No ship names in OW (only in battle)

3. Flag/Nationality in OW & battle

4. Option to heil enemy ship (if enemy ship answers, that reveals their captain's name).

5. And the most important - option to attack enemy ship.

After they get rid of the stacking of super mods, otherwise the best players with super ships are going to have an even easier time than they already do. 

Similar to a sub sim with realism mods, the above could be made distance based and time you've tagged the target, longer and closer you view the other ship more information you receive. 

Edited by William Wade

On OW there should be no Info given at all except for Fleet Ships cause you cannot See these.

Regardless of NPC or Player. When you click on a Ship it should only tell you what Fleet is behind it and the Attack Button.

Notjing else. If you wanna know if its a Player you should need to find out by Observing or Attacking

4 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

1. I see the name of a pro pvp'er and I think to myself, - this ain't gonna happen this guy will slaughter me in so many ways, it will be murder.

sounds like a cowards way out that doesnt want to get better. When i see the top players I go for them especially. I learn a lot from it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

sounds like a cowards way out that doesnt want to get better. When i see the top players I go for them especially. I learn a lot from it. 

And you sound like someone who has been going for top players since 2016,... yeah you seem to have learned alot from it, I see you there on the top now and then.

or..?.

I'm a casual player (when not holidays), because i work away from home sunday-thursday, you expect me to go on Moscalb, Liquicity etc and stand a chance?.. top pvp'ers who pvp on a daily basis?.

No, I am smart enough to know my limits, I attack what I would reckon are "average" pvp'ers first. If/when I handle them with ease, i move upwards.

Just now, Liang Dao Ming said:

And you sound like someone who has been going for top players since 2016,... yeah you seem to have learned alot from it, I see you there on the top now and then.

or..?.

I'm a casual player (when not holidays), because i work away from home sunday-thursday, you expect me to go on Moscalb, Liquicity etc and stand a chance?.. top pvp'ers who pvp on a daily basis?.

No, I am smart enough to know my limits, I attack what I would reckon are "average" pvp'ers first. If/when I handle them with ease, i move upwards.

i actually have a job, internship and college schooling. so learning a lot in a little amount of time is important to me 

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

i actually have a job, internship and college schooling. so learning a lot in a little amount of time is important to me 

I understand that, but what is important to you isn't important to everybody else.

• Like 1

Just now, Liang Dao Ming said:

I understand that, but what is important to you isn't important to everybody else.

fair enough. I guess my point being, I enjoy the names being there, it adds some recognition and infamy, as there was in real life. It also adds to my ability to see who to learn from. Thats what I enjoy most from it. 

• Like 1

i think ship model names should be completely removed, and players should get option to name their ships (unique name, keep database of names on server).. this way, you wont be able to tell what enemy has, until you get close and actually recognize the ship model yourself... like in reality.. would increase immersion considerably, while making certain trade "frigates" deter potential attacker by their look from distance..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This would be a hardcore element to a game. 

Im sure it would impact casual gamer, further reducing player base.

But how about, an option in your game interface to disable names in OS for your own game.  Hard core gamers if you want more chalenge  u more than welcome to make your game harder for yourself.  

BUT for a christ sake don't force it on all off us.