Game-Labs Forum

8 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Well in reality you wouldnt sail like that and have to do all the tacking at the end to get to your destination. You would just set your initial course more into the wind so your course made good was your desired course and you would sail direct to your destination.

Dunno if that´s intended (I'll give @Hethwill the benefit of the doubt :P), but it looks like the black line is 6 points to the wind, so the absolute max a square rigger could manage. Closer to the wind...c'est impossible, monsieur.

Edited by Malachi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Well in reality you wouldnt sail like that and have to do all the tacking at the end to get to your destination. You would just set your initial course more into the wind so your course made good was your desired course and you would sail direct to your destination.

Exactly. That's how that leeshore kills, as presented somewhere above.

The more struggle it in the end the more intense it becomes as we tack back and forth.

In small squadron engagements becomes less visible than with big fleets.

5 minutes ago, Malachi said:

Dunno if that´s intended (I'll give @Hethwill the benefit of the doubt :P), but it looks like the black line is 6 points to the wind, so the absolute max a square rigger could manage. Closer to the wind...c'est impossible, monsieur.

Not my drawing but rather part of a sailing manual.

Here we see a captain, possibly a NA player even, plotting his way to safe of the leeshore as he approaches land.

saip-120300-odnt-02.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, vazco said:

Why not remove looting and after battle give loot to a guy who killed a bot? I think it's realistic to loot after battle, with small boats. 

I'll just be happy with a cannon looting system too.  That way I can steal some of them off the ship (not all) before I scuttle her....lol  Would make my pirate very happy.

42 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

My bigger Problem is that my Cannons drown constantly now.

Shooting with the Wind in your back is like impossible cazse half your salvo drowns.

How that Ship can stay above Water is a mystery to me xD

I think they need to reduce Roll a bit there xD

Also the NPCs are Crazy.

They constantly do Reverse Sliding Turns now.

I sometimes feel like they are more comfortable going backwards than Sailing forwards lol

BATTLE SALES or just manually control your sails when you are ready to make the shot.  Honestly if your leaning that much than you prob need to slow down for a good shot, which also means your opponent on that side is prob leaning and showing his belly to you too.

Yah AI been doing some silly stuff, but we keep joking they are better than some of the players we fought too now cause of it.....really there are just some guys that are going to suffer so hard cause they still can't manual sail after being in game long enough to make Rear Admiral.  Than again when you only fight AI who needs to know that stuff?

40 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

Press T and watch magic happen :P

Not always the best option in some cases better to neutralize one of your sails to get the same results.

30 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I like to add as long we cant let sails fly. turn your yards out of the wind and wait for your ship to reduce heel to 0°

As much as they suck watch AI and you notice they actuall do this more than depower.  I mean it's not hard to just manual sail a bit to get the desire results when you need it.  Also watch your belly cause if your rolled over and showing it it will give you leaks.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Not always the best option in some cases better to neutralize one of your sails to get the same results.

True but most of the times T works as well. I didn't metion neutralising the sails because i thought it was obvious. Well it seems it wasn't ;)

Guys thanks for the Tips albeit I not only know how to depower but even how to manual sail xD

Thing is It doesnt change that its annoying and very stupid looking if you condtantly got your Gunports under water.

And while I indeed enjoy to cause 14 leaks with 19 Balls.

I do think we need to reduce Roll ;)

I would dare assuming that in Reality if Wind was so strong that they nearly Capsized when standing 45 degree in Wing they would Sail will lower Sails or something. To reduce the roll.

So maybe add Storm Sails Option or make Autoskipper drop the upper Sails if the Ship Rolls too much.

Or just Reduce Roll ^^

In any case pls do something about this xD

23 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

True but most of the times T works as well. I didn't metion neutralising the sails because i thought it was obvious. Well it seems it wasn't ;)

and don't be a noob like me and forget to change your sails or hit your fat fingers to go into manual mode and wonder why your only going 4 knts on a ship that can go 10+....I swear between my luck with RNG and my very stiff fingers from years of using hammers and impacts this game kills me.  To think I use to be an office Bitch in the Navy and type over 90 words a min....but that was such boring work...lol

IE this is why I get owned in games like CoD cause my fingers aren't all twitchy like some silly teens lol

• Like 1

I love all that leeway can bring into the gameplay.

But my first concern is that i can see from here a lot of duels ending with one of the opponent grounded, unable to sink due to being stuck ashore but not surrendering, what are we supposed to do in that case ? It should surrender irl, yet in the game he will just have to brace and wait for the clock to deny the opponent a kill and a victory.  No one will risk closing in to board him or even grape him. Then setting him at zero crew could take forever, even more now that we can revive crew forever...  And when grounded, if the battle timer end, you can still sail in ow like if nothing happened.

This could be abused, running aground should automaticly make you surrender after a timer.

Other than that, grounded ships could result into the appearance of shipwrecks on the ow map to be explored or recovered depending if you are from the same nation.

Then more specific sails plans, wind strength, could make sense too. Maybe anchors, whaleboats (to tow or board from a distance) throwing guns in battle instance to gain weight or getting unstuck too, who know ?

Good job anyway.

7 minutes ago, Odol said:

So tested the Brig last night yeah the brig....

It handles like it is a hover craft.  I cant even imagine what the bigger ships are like or the Lynx.. LOL.

Can confirm.

On another note, can we pass an official act of parliament censuring everyone who wines about not being able to loot NPCs?

1. Don't tag near the shore. (Seriously, most NPC routes are 5 minute's sail away from the beach at least.)
  2. Don't tag near the shore.
  3. If you absolutely must tag near shore, sail away from the shore so the NPCs follow you like a line of cute little ducklings.
  4. Profit.

This is not some sort of heroic effort we're talking about here.

By the way, the favored method of getting yourself un-beached was waiting for high tide. Which is to say, press the Leave Button to engage time compression.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maturin said:

Can confirm.

On another note, can we pass an official act of parliament censuring everyone who wines about not being able to loot NPCs?

1. Don't tag near the shore. (Seriously, most NPC routes are 5 minute's sail away from the beach at least.)
  2. Don't tag near the shore.
  3. If you absolutely must tag near shore, sail away from the shore so the NPCs follow you like a line of cute little ducklings.
  4. Profit.

This is not some sort of heroic effort we're talking about here.

By the way, the favored method of getting yourself un-beached was waiting for high tide. Which is to say, press the Leave Button to engage time compression.

And if you are beached during high tide... well congrats you are now in the Army.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Did Willis or one of your students help you draw that up?  It's only missing "TEX Dies here" part of Willis battle plans drawn up...lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

It is not true. Ships generally tack faster and better than they did pre patch 14. You are probably comparing the turning with the 14.1 experiments which tripled yard power for line ships.

In 14.3 Ships of the line have almost 1.5 speed of tacking compared to patch 13 data. (victory tacked in 2 mins previously and tacks in 1min 20 seconds now from broad reach to broad reach. It tacked in 180 seconds before

I am talking about everything in general including turning through the wind. Empty oceans, no entertainment and long complex sailing mechanics. Sorry to say, but you guys failed to deliver a so promised product, you made 100s of changes to the original title and trashed most of the ideas along with amazing fans who supported you from the start. I waited long enough and I believe 100s more feel the same. I will avoid your dev company in the future and let others know. I will gladly support any skilled company who will try to return of a true Naval MMO and not a bugged simulator with no content. 

P.S. I gave my money to CCP for 1 year sub. There I get everything that this game couldn't provide. That is $132 that you will not get. Also as promised I will provide an honest detailed review about NA development adventures. 

---> Think about what you are saying here. Veffels lost due to beaching or grounding(broken mechanics that we can't fix) or captured or destroyed due to (broken mechanics that we can't fix) beaching and/or grounding will not be recovered or replaced by the Admiralty and Support services. 

NA_Traffic_Jam_On_The_Beach.jpg.9d543ce8

Over and out. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

2 minutes ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

I have originals, but will not make you fool in front of everyone. I wish you luck in 2018. 

Everything that was posted on the internet is always there. You can't hide from what you have said. you can only explain. 
We stand by our promises

So long. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Hey that thing Mentions an Income Based on Naval Rank ^^

We getting a Salary for our Rank when Game us released ? ^^

You do. You get more rewards from higher level missions and higher level bots give you more money and combat marks ;)

• Like 1