Game-Labs Forum

Quick idea on balancing

Quick idea / suggestion on how to deal with the current situation

• Lower Side-thickness of ALL ships by about 20%
  • Replace the Wasa's 32- and 24 pounders by 24- and 18 pounders
    • This combination will remove the Wasa superiority, and also make it so other 4th rates can actually penetrate each other on some range - and Live Oak / Cartaghena / Extra planking Santisima's won't be un-penetratable anymore)

Wasa might be costy now, but that doesnt make it less OP compared to similar rated ships.

The fact that it's rated at 250 BR (with 32 and 24 pounders) while the trinc is just at 225 BR, is just ridiculous.

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Wasa itself is just a beast in everything. Sailing profile, turn rate, broadside weight, 6 bow chasers, 4 stern chasers, HP and thickness... It outclass any fourth rate and I would say it is able to fight, with chances of true success, against a Bellona or a Pavel.

Pretty much this. I don't even see how BR matters... making Wasa more exclusive / expensive now only made it worse.

9 hours ago, Liq said:

• This combination will remove the Wasa superiority, and also make it so other 4th rates can actually penetrate each other on some range - and Live Oak / Cartaghena / Extra planking Santisima's won't be un-penetratable anymore)

Wasa might be costy now, but that doesnt make it less OP compared to similar rated ships.

The fact that it's rated at 250 BR (with 32 and 24 pounders) while the trinc is just at 225 BR, is just ridiculous.

Yes to lowering thickness, no to replacing the cannons on Wasa.

It should be a 3rd rate ship, and BR issue is solved.

• Like 1

Yep, WASA is OP and it doesnt feel right.
Almost anyone has one, except all those who missed the CB-Mark "times".

WASAs will become very rare now..

btw:
I also wish much better Stern-Armour in general. Or dramatically increase the force of 68pd carronades for proper defeating.
Its nasty if little Ships with 6pd Cannons can shoot "up steep angle" into the Stern of a big Ship and bleeding that one out.

But the Game is still very promissing...

1 minute ago, tonyxyx said:

Ye keep repeating that to yourself

Uhh.. Scary :)

Look mate.

Everyone sailed Wasa when it was almost for free.Now you need Vic marks, and suddenly it`s "NERF IT", "NERF IT".

There is no doubt that Wasa has wrong BR, but there is no need to replace her cannons and make a shit ship out of her, like Agamemnon.

35 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Look mate.

Everyone sailed Wasa when it was almost for free.Now you need Vic marks, and suddenly it`s "NERF IT", "NERF IT".

There is no doubt that Wasa has wrong BR, but there is no need to replace her cannons and make a shit ship out of her, like Agamemnon.

Wasa nerf has been asked for since introduction

Agamemnon wouldnt be a "shit ship" if ships could actually pen. Each other, hence my suggestion of lowering thickness

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Look mate.

This is not true. The calls to nerf the Wasa started the day it came out.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Liq said:

Wasa nerf has been asked for since introduction

Agamemnon wouldnt be a "shit ship" if ships could actually pen. Each other, hence my suggestion of lowering thickness

Aga can`t turn anymore properly, because nerfed. And her cannons DO pen.

12 minutes ago, Cortez said:

There is no need to nerf the ship. BR needs to be changed.

Take 42 longs away from Ocean?

Oh it`s too "OP"...

Give me a break man.....

I agree the BR should be changed to a 3rd rate. If it remains a 4th, the the guns should be changed to 24/18 instead of 32/24. We knew this and told the Devs on the day it came out.

1 hour ago, Cortez said:

Look mate

The problem it's not me not having the wasa or marks to replace it(I have multiple wasa and marks to replace it btw)

The problem IS that people don't want it to be nerfed just because at the moment it's a super ship and even mediocre players can feel they're good at the game just spraying in the masts with its big cannons and watching em fall.Not to mention speed,turn rate etc etc....

The ship clearly needs some tweaking and only an incapable would not admitt it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Cortez said:

There is no need to nerf the ship. BR needs to be changed.

Take 42 longs away from Ocean?

Oh it`s too "OP"...

Give me a break man.....

Dude, if you can't see how Wasa is overperforming you just don't fully understand the game mechanics or can't sail it properly. The BR doesn't matter much outside of PBs when the ship is OP and people have been asking for the Wasa nerf since it was on testbed and not even live...

• Like 1

On 26/12/2017 at 1:47 PM, tonyxyx said:

Look mate

The problem it's not me not having the wasa or marks to replace it(I have multiple wasa and marks to replace it btw)

The problem IS that people don't want it to be nerfed just because at the moment it's a super ship and even mediocre players can feel they're good at the game just spraying in the masts with its big cannons and watching em fall.Not to mention speed,turn rate etc etc....

The ship clearly needs some tweaking and only an incapable would not admitt it.

So you have a problem with what actually? The ship has big cannons? Turns well, so you can not sterncamp with some Fir Surp?

Demasting is part of the game. Big ships will always try to demast smaller one, because smaller ships are faster.? That a problem?

You know what?

Let us all just sail Snows and Navy Brigs, how about that? And some day, someone is going to say:" Snow OP. Needs 2 lbs cannons".. Ugh.

On 26/12/2017 at 1:51 PM, Landsman said:

Dude, if you can't see how Wasa is overperforming you just don't fully understand the game mechanics or can't sail it properly. The BR doesn't matter much outside of PBs when the ship is OP and people have been asking for the Wasa nerf since it was on testbed and not even live...

LOL.

Sail bigger ship, sink her.

16 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Switch nations:)

Buy a Wasa:)

I pitty you :)

12 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Shows me what you are.

Nothing substantial to say, just running after the herd :)

Carry on.

Nice double post mate. #triggered

Thanks for "pittying" me mate, but what you say is beyond retarded so you should probably keep the pity for yourself. ;)

"Nothing substantial to say" is pretty much what your post are to be honest...

You enjoy Wasa being broken because you sail it and it compensates for your lack of skill and your solution is joining the 3 top nations for free Wasa... ok.

If the "herd", so basically everyone else says you're wrong, then chances are pretty high you probably are...

16 hours ago, Liq said:

I agree with most things but the wasas guns. We dont have the same issue with the bellona and yes that could be profile. BR is just a number that will be increased soon. Rating has also nothing to do with the ship either. We need more 3rd rates in game and wasa should be one

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2