Game-Labs Forum

PVP servers merge

13 minutes ago, Archaos said:

And how did someone who sets the timer to outside the EU timezone get the port in the first place? They must have attacked outside their prime time and if they can do it so can you. Its the same difficulty for everyone, its not just a thing against EU players. In fact if as people say there are more EU players than any other then majority of the ports will be on EU timers so its the non-EU players that will have few targets on their prime time.

Sorry, i wont explain it the 1000th time here

Yes ppl can just get up a Night to get the port back. But what ppl who think the way it is now with pb  mecanic is a good thing. What you dont want to understand is that ppl wont get up at Night to play. 

We test and therefore we should play the game the way we are going to play in the long run. And not compensate to make i work.

I can be wrong, But most players are going to stop getting involved i RvR. So my guess in a month ore two. The server is going to be run by 2-3 Nations and about 80-90 player are going to be involved mainly. Is that the gameplay we want. It will be a new global.

I would urge players from all time zones to not rush to judgement on the merge. I understand that having ports change hands in your off time can be frutrating but consider a change in thinking: there will be ports that are economically or strategically worth paying protection and there will be some that are not.

The most successful nation will not necessarily be the one with the highest population but the one that can cooperate with members and allies across time zones. Pretending that there is no game except during your little 4 hour window will ultimately kill your nation and the game.

@admin please make it so hostility can be gained outside the windows. That would encourage multiple time zone play and allow port battles to happen near the start of the windows too. 

• Like 2

You are so right Farrago. Those *who adapt and use the game best will win. 

But most just dont want it as it is now and therefore they just dont play.  

You cant kill a nation. Only devs can if they remove the nation from game. And we dont kill the game if we only play in oure 4 houre Windows. Devs did because they made a game witch we didn’t want to play.

Edited by staun
* changed word

15 minutes ago, staun said:

You are so right Farrago. Those *who adapt and use the game best will win. 

But most just dont want it as it is now and therefore they just dont play.  

You cant kill a nation. Only devs can if they remove the nation from game. And we dont kill the game if we only play in oure 4 houre Windows. Devs did because they made a game witch we didn’t want to play.

But is it every one elses fault that some don't want to change or adapt?   I still going to wait for this big zerg of lost ports they are expecting with off hours flips.  Hell I been looking at ports to flip for our own clan and it's slim pickings unless we get the EU guys to help us in there prime time.  Even than if they defend it than we don't win the port, maybe they should put all the energy into making good defense zones for there clan and nations holdings. I see some nations have ports all over the place. I suspect a few of those nations will loose them pretty quickly if they don't defend them properly.  Is that bad, no that means you just couldn't support and defend that port.  Also you can't win all the time.  One nation is always going to be at top.  That nation might not be yours.  If you can't hold a bunch of ports than drop some and let the big boys fight it out.  It seems a lot of the folks complaining are the top dogs that are now threaten with change to there system which means they might not be top dogs any more very quickly.  That is very much how it works in the real world.  Odds can change very fast and so can results.

1 hour ago, Sella22 said:

On the other hand the other 2 new nations did everything great. Even though Russia attracted a lot of Russian players, a lot of them stayed at their previous nations as well. The Russian nation wasnt so stubborn to not speak English in nation chat or in general and they seeked cooperation with the non-Russian speaking members. They have also proven themselvers to be active PvP and RvR fighters so it was a recipe for success. The same can be told for the Polish nation. Especially during the first days of the merge they have attracted players because they speak English and they are willing to fight no matter what the odds.

From my experience the nations/clans that are willing to adapt and support other players tend to attact players.  Also the nations/clans that fight tend to attract players cause folks want to do something.  US/GB on GLOBAL couldn't understand this and blamed us for folks rolling pirates when they got bored making our PvP/RvR numbers even stronger.  Cause they wouldn't fight any one they game there players nothing to do.  When big wars broke out player and server pop went up big time, when no one was doing anything it went down.  You need to give your players in your nation/clan things to do or they will get bored and move on to another nation or game.

1 hour ago, victor said:

I gave you arguments, if you do not understand them, it's not my fault. If I say that I think you perfectly understand the problem but prefer ignoring it because the new status gives you and advantage, it's not a personal attack, but just a conclusion based on the fact that I refuse to think that you really do not understand the problem. 

In the and, if you think arguments are personal attacks, well ... welcome outside the snowflakes' heaven called USA.

Let's see what will happen in the next two months with the population of the server. For the time being I recorded no more than 70-80ish members more in EU night. So not much of an improvement.

Let the night show begin and go on for some weeks, and we'll see who's who and who was right or wrong.

See you did it again, what does me living in the USA or snowflakes have anything to do with this convo.  Your so blinded by the fact you can't live with other players on a game playing in there time zones and enjoying the game or even playing out of them that you can't see the big picture.   Let me tell you something I work nights/eves. I play more in the SEA/AUS and EU time zones than my own.   Maybe if just maybe ya'll spent all this energy on recruiting players to support off time zones of your main numbers than you wouldn't have to worry about them.  Your down fall is going to be in EU time zone not in off times.  Yes you might loose a port here or there that you didn't put a proper  timer on, but that is your fault not the games.

Though I have to agree why don't we all give it a month  or two and see how things unfold.  To many are just willing to give up without even trying.  Do we really want those type of players around trying to control how the game path goes if they will give up so easily?  As for numbers, you do know that EU prime time is when most of us are at work?  You will prob see better numbers on the weekends, but this is also holiday season and folks are working over time before they get time off for the holidays and many won't be on during them cause they will be spending time with family so don't be judging the numbers so quickly.  

Also remember that 70-80 extra players are just those on at that time.  You see a rise over the whole day that is actually any thing like 700-800 players over the whole day (well prob less) as it's only who's on at that moment.  You forget not every one is going to play EU prime time.  I have to get ready and go to work at this time during the week, but I'll be active during your prime time on weekends i don't have things planned.  Sure this will be the same for many others.

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

And how did someone who sets the timer to outside the EU timezone get the port in the first place? They must have attacked outside their prime time and if they can do it so can you. Its the same difficulty for everyone, its not just a thing against EU players. In fact if as people say there are more EU players than any other then majority of the ports will be on EU timers so its the non-EU players that will have few targets on their prime time.

Yah they keep saying we don't get it or just ignore it, when I think we get it better than they do.  They have the numbers, they own the ports, they set the timers.  They shouldn't be loosing ports unless they where going to loose it any way to that EU clan that took it from them.  It's not that clans fault they also have SEA/US players to support them, they took your EU prime time port on fair grounds in your own best time and you lost it.  Suck it up and move on.  I'm going to bet that we don't see a big zerg of ports turned to other time zones like they think.  Yes there will be some, but it won't be like the whole dang server.  We even talk about leaving ports in EU prime time when we capture some cause that is when they could be best defended with numbers.

@Sir Texas Sir where have I said anything about fault. There isent no blame in the statement, that if devs change the game, so it isent fun anymore, ppl will stop. Thats a fact. It is there game and they can do as they will. But it is my choise if I am going to play it.

Win ore loose a port dosent matter to me. I raise a consern because I fear that it will kill of the pop.

Yes you are right. Plenty of ways to work around timezones. And those who does, well I guess the get to get some ports.

But I do think we have the right to choose for oure self, how we are going to play the game. It just seams those Pro merge expect ppl to stay up Night, make multi timezone Nations and so on. To me those Pro try to paint at happy picture. That we all is High on joy because of the merge.

I play the game as I want. And when there isent enough fun ore the right gameplay. Well we all knows what then happens:

edit: 

I play in the danish nation, so unless some unexpectet happen, I dont have to think about be a top dog.

Dont bring real life in to a game as an argument. In life I have to deal with changed.unless I plan to kill my self. 

Game, I can just shut if OFF.

Edited by staun

On 20-12-2017 at 12:08 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

If we actually had a reputation system they can make a way you can change nations in char is by going Pirate.  Say your US player and you hate it.  You in game go pirate.  This gives you a bad standing with many nations, but if you work really hard improving your reputation with say Spain you can have the option to permly join that nation.  To keep from in game jumpers you make it stack to become harder and harder each time you switch nations until it gets a point you pretty much going to be stuck a pirate or have to pay the RL money for the forged papers on steam.  The lazy folks can just buy the papers.

also

Unlike piracy, privateering in the Golden Age was a legitimate undertaking, which was carried out with the explicit permission of the government

so a option is to make nation changers pirate first and give bad standing

where they have to improve their reputation to become regular nation captains again

I have a question.( And before it turns in one of those, lets say trashing feedback, plz think and try to give a reply, that are usefull).

Some nations are more multizone players than other. Ore a nation can get players to be up in for a Night and therefore have more players online, and therefore have the advantage of numbers. Then they grind hostility at tree port from the same nation, wich have the same defence timer. And because they do the hostility outside defence timer. The attacked nation will have 3 pb at the same time. But they had no real chance to stop the hostility, and they wont know wich port will be attacked, and with the gamemechanich we have now, I cant se that they will be able to get ships ore player to cover each port.

my question is how do you defend your nation against such attacked?

14 minutes ago, staun said:

I have a question.( And before it turns in one of those, lets say trashing feedback, plz think and try to give a reply, that are usefull).

Some nations are more multizone players than other. Ore a nation can get players to be up in for a Night and therefore have more players online, and therefore have the advantage of numbers. Then they grind hostility at tree port from the same nation, wich have the same defence timer. And because they do the hostility outside defence timer. The attacked nation will have 3 pb at the same time. But they had no real chance to stop the hostility, and they wont know wich port will be attacked, and with the gamemechanich we have now, I cant se that they will be able to get ships ore player to cover each port.

numbers

4 hours ago, Thonys said:

also

Unlike piracy, privateering in the Golden Age was a legitimate undertaking, which was carried out with the explicit permission of the government

where they have to improve their reputation to become regular nation captains again

This would have some footing in history.

Turncoats/ deserters/ traitors were not kindly looked at, not even by the nation to which the person has deserted or turned

Difficult to trust a turncoat...after all, he might turn coat again to another nation...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Dragon 13 said:

numbers

So basicly only big nations. Still think even big Nations will have a problem getting a defense up. Small Nations, just dont even try. 

Guess small nation have to develop a new strategy for RvR. Because as it is, well I guess they will loose if they fight on the same terms.

but should provide a fun Challenge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thonys said:

also

What is a pirate?  Just a privateer without a job.  So yah a way to gain good reputation with a Nation would be to work as a Privateer for that nation and destroy there enemy's so every ship you sink that they are at war with would gain you better reputation.  Though if you sink ships of that nation it will gain you worse reputation too.

1 hour ago, staun said:

Don't piss off a big nation/clan is one way to prevent this.  Remember many of these ports have BR rating low enough that you can have 25 players defend a few ports at the same time.  So as long as you can get that many players up your good.  Remember defenders don't have to screen, just need to be at the port ready to fight.   

As for Night flips and such like that if all your ports are set for your clan's  (not nation as this is now clan based) prime time of play than you should be able to defend it during your prime time of play and not have to worry about off hour flips.  Also Hostility only counts if done during the defense timer so you can't flip a port off hours you have to actually be on during that time to flip it.  

If you piss off a nation/clan or nations/clans where they flip three of your ports at once than your not going to win if you can't defend them all, so pick the ones that are more important to you and than defend those.  Not every one is going to be top dog.  One way for small Nations/clans to defend against such is to get alliances with other nations/clans to help each other.  You see some one flipping three ports maybe they can go screen out the flippers at one of the ports so you only have 2 port Battles instead of 3 or they can screen out the attackers during the port battles so you don't have to defend as much in all three ports if you can't get the numbers to do so.  It's called team work and organization.  Get out and make some friends.   20 small clans can beat one big clan if they just work together.

I hadnt read that hostility only countet if made in the defence time. Guess I should have read the patch notes a bit better.

For the rest, nothing new there and not much to help small Nations. I was thinking in the Line of the number of defensive pb you should be able to get against you, should depend of numbers of ports you have. Would maby help small Nations to be a bid more brave( this surgestion is only as long we have this love pop). Basicly I am split betwen this being war game, and the fear not get a game where players want to play.

And I do think one of the biggest problem is, that the small nations are so affraid of the top dogs, that they just stay and pve. Cant be fun nore fore the small ore the top dog.

but as I said, I am in conflict with this becaus it should be a war game.

edit

And maby as the nation looses ports the things you need to build a basic ship, will be posible to craft in the ports the nation have left.

Edited by staun

On 20/12/2017 at 9:14 PM, Hethwill said:

One Global Server.

Thank you.

It is a great feeling to have the companions from all over the world sharing of the same open world.

Snappy salute.

How is the ping for those not in Europe? We need a new boarding system to ensure no problems for people with 200 or more ping.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

a so I heard the game was gonna die because the servers were being merged when the big bad americans came back

683333e4d4ff4fb7da4d07568aefa7bd.png

Guess not.

Do think nobody hoped it will. But lest us get past hollidays and see. We have allready lost good players and teammates. The question is if we get more back ore we can keep new longer. Lets wait to conclude a bit longer.

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

so I heard the game was gonna die because the servers were being merged when the big bad americans came back

Guess not.

Right after a mega patch hit. Not very representative. 

300 normally with no other internet drain in AU. This is why I really hope for better boarding mechanics. I can anticipate delay in firing but not when I must register a click at the last second for boarding. Because I have to lead by 3 seconds to change a boarding tactic.

18 hours ago, Christendom said:

so I heard the game was gonna die because the servers were being merged when the big bad americans came back

Guess not.

dowod2.thumb.png.7d2bafe43622c49df728521af1aea156.pngdowod1.thumb.png.fbf3c4356ace2434972c7b7f374cf7ab.png

dowod3.thumb.png.ec8072daad3788ddf253b3fd1818a8cb.png

Here you got how game looked like after merge. Players number boost is a consequence of new patch, but nice try Chris. I like your manipulations : - )

@Edit number of players before merge:

dowodEU.png.4b25a33be1d4cedd1ce566a06b059cc4.png

If you dont trust me find video from 7th december : - ) 

Edited by Mikocen
  • Like 1