Game-Labs Forum

PVP servers merge

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Nice logic mate, so the gameplay for EU is only play defense and protect the ports. And if you lose once you are hello kittyed and the port is gone for as long as the enemy pays for the timer.

Fun game.

In real life if I do war with you, I don't wait until after your noon tea. I strike you while your asleep and not ready.  Same thing with every game i been on, but most of them fix offline problems by having battle restriction timers.  Well guess what PAY FOR THE TIMERS OR LOOSE YOUR PORT.  IF you loose it in your own dang prime time than that is your fault, that means you would of lost it with no port timers or not.   Ya'll loose one port that actually had a good turn out on all sides and it wasn't even a major important econ port and you guys cry like a bunch of babies.  

You know I think it's sounding like @admin and the rest of the Devs are getting tired of the little spoiled brats of the game.  You do know the game doesn't revolve around one nation or time zone of players, should never had in the first place.  

I'll leave these lovely great words....

39 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no EU or Global server anymore. One world - one server. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And why can't EU play?  I just don't get why EU can't play with global timers....that you can set for you time zone.  SO that means any one has to fight in your prime time.  If you loose a port cause you couldn't defend it than it doesn't matter if you lost it to a SEA, US or EU clan you defended it in your prime time and lost it.   Move on and defend what you can keep.  Now if you loose a port cause you didn't set a timer or put it in an off time than well that is your fault too for not setting the timer or having enough players during that time.  EU still has more players than most other time zones so I don't see how this magically means ya'll can't play any more.  You just need to protect your interest and not spread out to much and not set ports in time zones you can't defend properly.  This goes for any Clan/Nation of players and ports owned. If you can't afford an extra 100K per port than maybe you shouldn't own half your ports than.  Time to down size or do some more grinding to earn money.

The problem that you (say you) do not understand is rather simple and lies in the difference in time zones between UE and US (so something that no mechanic in game will be able to change).

US is - more or less  - about 6 hours behind UE as far as timezone is concerned, so this means that, roughly:

UE morning is US deep night

UE afternoon is US morning

UE evening is US afternoon

UE deep night is US evening

Given that, let's then suppose that - as you say - both UE and US, once got a port, put their timers for PB in the other faction's "deep night" hours.

The consequence will be that UE players - if they want to defend the port against a nightflip - will have to do it in the UE timezone mornings (and no one plays on morning), while US players - if they want to defend the port against a nightflip - will be able to do it the US timezone evening (when a lot people is online).

Do you see now where the problem actually is?

Edited by victor
Exchanged attack for defense
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

In real life if I do war with you, its not fun and one is dead afterwards.

Yep instead you get multi lives and can just keep coming back so what if you loose one port, one ship....it's a game not real life and it doesn't revolve around you or others.   

21 minutes ago, victor said:

The problem that you (say you) do not understand is rather simple and lies in the difference in time zones between UE and US (so something that no mechanic in game will be able to change).

US is - more or less  -about 6 hours behind UE as far as timezone is concerned, so this means that, roughly:

UE morning is US deep night

UE afternoon is US morning

UE evening is US afternoon

UE deep night is US evening

Given that, let's then suppose that - as you say - both UE and US put their timers for PB in the other faction's "deep night" hours.

The consequence will be that UE players will have to attack US owner ports in UE timezone mornings (and no one plays on morning), while US players will have to attack UE owned ports in the US timezone evening (when a lot people is online). And for the defense is the same, of course.

Do you see now where the problem actually is?

Maybe you should of starting recruiting players before the merger not after.  That and not let players that seem to think ya'll don't need help from other time zones and don't even admittedly play the game any more be your spoke persons.   I can pull the same card by saying most US players can't come to EU time zones during the week cause we are like you know actually at work.  We can only fight fights on your weekend in your time zone.  It's not our fault if you loose a port in your Prime zone, that means you couldn't hold it if the nation that took it had only EU players any way.   

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I can pull the same card by saying most US players can't come to EU time zones during the week cause we are like you know actually at work.  

I do not know if you actually fail to understand the point (but I refuse to think that you are so obtuse) or - more likely - if you just pretend not understanding because you know that difference of the timezones just give you an objective great advantage in RVR.

PS: I edited my post since I committed an error in the original version, changing attack for defense in the conclusions.

Edited by victor

4 hours ago, Mikocen said:

I logged in ~20:00 srvr time (in my country that was ~21:00). I noticed only 560 players. Why i say only? Because before server merge annoucment in this time on server were logged in ~500 players. Whats more, after every big change players number was increasing for a week, maybe two. That means the server merge was pointless. Right now we must spend more money for ports to set time frames, and that means: MORE GRIND! I love doing PvE to be able to do RvR. And there is no way to not spend this money, because then you will see: NIGHTFLIPS! Like today for Hat Island and like before creating European server. Thank you very much devs, for months there was only one thing in this game which kept me in and it was RvR. Right now you totally f*cked it up. As I see you have no idea how to keep players in game and you are forcing bigger groups (EU server players) to keep smaller (Global server players). That wont work. I stopped playing with annoucment, right now i see that i made a good decision. GL with destroying your own product, o7.

Having played on EU for the past several months daily.....who you kidding. The pop has barely been cracking 500 for over a month.  Today was higher than usual on a weds in the middle of the week before Christmas.  Your nation has been pretty much afk for a while.  

Well you got your fight. Sorry they sucked in there and you lost Hat Island.  It could been avoided by setting the timer as the mechanics allow.  1 loss and its doom and gloom in Sweden.  

Bye

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And why can't EU play?  I just don't get why EU can't play with global timers....that you can set for you time zone.  SO that means any one has to fight in your prime time.  If you loose a port cause you couldn't defend it than it doesn't matter if you lost it to a SEA, US or EU clan you defended it in your prime time and lost it.   Move on and defend what you can keep.  Now if you loose a port cause you didn't set a timer or put it in an off time than well that is your fault too for not setting the timer or having enough players during that time.  EU still has more players than most other time zones so I don't see how this magically means ya'll can't play any more.  You just need to protect your interest and not spread out to much and not set ports in time zones you can't defend properly.  This goes for any Clan/Nation of players and ports owned. If you can't afford an extra 100K per port than maybe you shouldn't own half your ports than.  Time to down size or do some more grinding to earn money.

Please, forget who is attacking and who is defending. The problem is much simpler ... I can not play in your schedule, and you can not play in mine, so it's stupid to try to play together on the same map if we can not face each other.
I understand perfectly that 100 players are too few to play in the global, but the solution is not to force us to play together, because the end of the server will be the same... A dead server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

There is no EU or Global server anymore. One world - one server. 

As I know server have limit to 2500 players.

Does this mean that more than 2500 players will never be in this game?

Could you explain me why the server has the name Caribbean?

Does this mean that there will be other game servers, but with different game locations? For example Mediterranean.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

Sounds like Sweden shouldn’t of waited until today to recruit global players.  Instead rediii made a post a week ago saying “we’re not gonna lick american ass and we don’t want you”.

smart move.  I know a couple clans that were thinking about Sweden too, until rediii made that comment.  

Oh well.  The ever victorious army of the Russian Empire will be spending its Xmas break enjoying the warm waters of hat island.  Bermuda is just too cold this time of year.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Sounds like Sweden shouldn’t of waited until today to recruit global players.  Instead rediii made a post a week ago saying “we’re not gonna lick american ass and we don’t want you”.

smart move.  I know a couple clans that were thinking about Sweden too, until rediii made that comment.  

Oh well.  The ever victorious army of the Russian Empire will be spending its Xmas break enjoying the warm waters of hat island.  Bermuda is just too cold this time of year.  

It will be time which will judge this change, not we. For now i have nothing to add, enjoy your game. We will see results after one, maybe two months if there wouldnt be breakthrough in game mechanics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

It will be time which will judge this change, not we. For now i have nothing to add, enjoy your game. We will see results after one, maybe two months if there wouldnt be breakthrough in game mechanics.

So you and most your nation quit like a month ago..well before the merge announcement, but it was the merge announcement that ruined the game right?

laugh   

• Like 1

It's better to have won in the era of actual fighting and then quit than to gobble the c- uh, beg (the "solution" of other nations) and become the perpetrator. ^_^ 

Off to a marvellous start.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Alvar Fanez de Minaya said:

Please, forget who is attacking and who is defending. The problem is much simpler ... I can not play in your schedule, and you can not play in mine, so it's stupid to try to play together on the same map if we can not face each other.
I understand perfectly that 100 players are too few to play in the global, but the solution is not to force us to play together, because the end of the server will be the same... A dead server.

If you don't have time to play much out side of your prime time than why do you have to attack other time zones.  Keep to your clans time zones and play time and other clans that you can fight in your time zones.  EU has the most time zone players, nothing should change if you keep to other clans with simular time zones and set your ports to your time zones only.  Sorry there is other players of other times, the world doesn't revolve around any one of them.   Some clans will be able to cover mulit times, but if your clan can't and you want to be a power house RvR clan than you better defend the crap out of your ports in your prime time and keep them. Than you won't have to worry if some one captures them and set them back to another time zones.  When you log in wasn't Swede and other countries listed as hard mode?  Well guess what I"m playing Russia which is extreme hard core mode cause it's win or loose it all.   You still have a nice safe capital if all else. Maybe pick a easy mode nation if your worried so much about loosing all your ports.

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

Does this mean that there will be other game servers, but with different game locations? For example Mediterranean.

Remember when they split the server for EU and Mirror?  Well I would assume that is what they will do.  Upon release though I"m going to bet we get prob a US, EU and SEA base server if not more than one or two of those regions.  It all depends on numbers. I seen games release with over 100 servers to only down size to about 10 within a year or less and some even go all the way down to 1-3 servers cause of numbers.  Worry about that when the time comes.  We are testing a game and if devs really want to can wipe us ever other week.  Which we will be wiped when the game release other than our XP and Rank.  So why do folks freak so much about each change we do now to get to that stage. If testing is not your thing than maybe wait until the game is released.

As for the name of the server, well the game is based in the Caribbean? 

They actually did a smart move dropping Caribbean PvE server name, that was a bit confusing, but I can see them giving each server it's own name.   

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

2 hours ago, qw569 said:

To be honest when was the last time you saw 2500 players in this game?   For that matter when was the last time you saw 1250 players?

3 hours ago, victor said:

I do not know if you actually fail to understand the point (but I refuse to think that you are so obtuse) or - more likely - if you just pretend not understanding because you know that difference of the timezones just give you an objective great advantage in RVR.

PS: I edited my post since I committed an error in the original version, changing attack for defense in the conclusions.

Why is it every time ya'll can't understand our view of things you go to personnel attacks about why we don't see it your way.  Maybe you need to open your eyes a bit more and look at it from multi direction.  Nothing has changed other than the fact that you have to protect your ports better in your own prime time and if you can't than well maybe you don't need half the map (just general not pocking on any one nation).  Keep what you can defend and fight for and keep defending and fighting for that.    Want to fight only in your EU prime time where most of the players are anyway?  Than attack only clans that have only EU players.  If you don't want to loose a port to a clan that can cover mulit time zones?  Than defend the hell out of that port in your prime time zones.

BLACK on GLOBAL was actually a very small clan making up of about 15-20 active players with maybe 25-30 at our prime (when we took Brits to one port last year).  Though a lot of the stuff we done since Wipe and just before we where lucky to get 10-15 online (thanks to VCO coming to pirates we where able to fill port battles with 20-25 players).  Most nations think we had 100+ players, but we didn't.  We where able to take on some of the largest nations and still control the map.  You want to know how?  We picked our targets and controlled the map only as much as we could handled.  Took only important ports and defended them.   If a clan that small can do it, something bigger shouldn't have a problem, just don't over extend your self and don't think you have to control all the nation, let other clans do there thing and worry about only your clan ports and friendly clans you have alliances with.

28 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

pix_abdication.jpg

Now that the World is once again included into the game, united by one server, you instead sit and mope in your corner instead of welcoming opportunity.

And from folks I talk to that aren't on these Forums it's a lot of folks happy to see the merge and getting more players of all time zones. Just a few seem to be moping in a corner and half those guys admit they don't even play the game any more and haven't since before the merge was even announced so why are they even here still committing about a nation or game they don't even play any more?

Yep and a lot of ppl who arent on the forum isent *happy with the merge. Same talk. Only time will show if it was a good idea.

Right now there are more players. Gone up from 480  to 540 EU main time. Was to be expectet. But lets se long tirm. And to put in perspektiver. When clan patch was released oure number got up to 800.

Edited by staun
* word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Why is it every time ya'll can't understand our view of things you go to personnel attacks about why we don't see it your way.  Maybe you need to open your eyes a bit more and look at it from multi direction.  Nothing has changed other than the fact that you have to protect your ports better in your own prime time and if you can't than well maybe you don't need half the map (just general not pocking on any one nation).  Keep what you can defend and fight for and keep defending and fighting for that.    Want to fight only in your EU prime time where most of the players are anyway?  Than attack only clans that have only EU players.  If you don't want to loose a port to a clan that can cover mulit time zones?  Than defend the hell out of that port in your prime time zones.

BLACK on GLOBAL was actually a very small clan making up of about 15-20 active players with maybe 25-30 at our prime (when we took Brits to one port last year).  Though a lot of the stuff we done since Wipe and just before we where lucky to get 10-15 online (thanks to VCO coming to pirates we where able to fill port battles with 20-25 players).  Most nations think we had 100+ players, but we didn't.  We where able to take on some of the largest nations and still control the map.  You want to know how?  We picked our targets and controlled the map only as much as we could handled.  Took only important ports and defended them.   If a clan that small can do it, something bigger shouldn't have a problem, just don't over extend your self and don't think you have to control all the nation, let other clans do there thing and worry about only your clan ports and friendly clans you have alliances with.

And from folks I talk to that aren't on these Forums it's a lot of folks happy to see the merge and getting more players of all time zones. Just a few seem to be moping in a corner and half those guys admit they don't even play the game any more and haven't since before the merge was even announced so why are they even here still committing about a nation or game they don't even play any more?

I gave you arguments, if you do not understand them, it's not my fault. If I say that I think you perfectly understand the problem but prefer ignoring it because the new status gives you and advantage, it's not a personal attack, but just a conclusion based on the fact that I refuse to think that you really do not understand the problem. 

In the and, if you think arguments are personal attacks, well ... welcome outside the snowflakes' heaven called USA.

Let's see what will happen in the next two months with the population of the server. For the time being I recorded no more than 70-80ish members more in EU night. So not much of an improvement.

Let the night show begin and go on for some weeks, and we'll see who's who and who was right or wrong.

Edited by victor

5 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Nice logic mate, so the gameplay for EU is only play defense and protect the ports. And if you lose once you are hello kittyed and the port is gone for as long as the enemy pays for the timer.

Fun game.

And how did someone who sets the timer to outside the EU timezone get the port in the first place? They must have attacked outside their prime time and if they can do it so can you. Its the same difficulty for everyone, its not just a thing against EU players. In fact if as people say there are more EU players than any other then majority of the ports will be on EU timers so its the non-EU players that will have few targets on their prime time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alvar Fanez de Minaya said:

So go ahead and just play against people who set their ports to EU times, it will still be the same number of people you faced before. For people who are able now and again to play outside their prime time they will have more targets. 

If as you say there were only 100 people on the Global time then they should not make much impact on the greater number of EU players. But if as I suspect there are a lot of players from non-EU timezones that were forced to play EU PB timers due to the higher numbers on the EU server and the way the original server split happened, then you may see higher numbers of ports going to non-EU times.