Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, Felix Victor said:

What is this?

this is what I meant by table in the game reports  referring to ship characteristics. 

Speed of this example (ruyter) in game 10.43  . from Na-map 10.4  . This can  be rounding difference between game and NA-map as in red arrow there is also a slight difference in ship characteristics, while 3 green arrow show identical value.

image.thumb.png.cbe95a666d4082536e063904517d04fa.png

Edited by DeStAug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been intrigued by the slightly different way data are presented in your various tables. Out of curiosity I cross-checked the damage information in the "Cannons" table against the "broadside damage" columns in the "Ship Compare" applet (which presents a lot more data than the "Ships" table).

This exercise was fairly simple, look up the number of broadside guns and divide by two, figure out the damage caused by each gun and multiply by the number of guns. Since two numbers are presented, one for cannon and one for carronades I also calculated two numbers. I used medium guns and standard carros for the comparison. I also only included the "basic" damage, not the splinter component (I don't know how that is handled).

Let's take a fairly simple ship, the Cerberus, and compare the results. She has only one gun deck with a total of 26 guns, 13 per side. They can either be 9 lb. cannon or 32 lb. carronades.

In the "ship compare" table the broadside damage numbers are listed as 1,066 for the 9 pounder guns and 1,633 for the 32 pounder carronades.

If I go to the "Cannons" table I find the following:

A 9 pounder medium gun does 79 damage, a 32 pounder carronade does 94.6. If I now multiply these number by the number of guns per broadside (13) I get 13 * 79 = 1,027 and 13 * 94.6 = 1,230.

If the splinter damage is included then these number become larger but do not match those in the Ship Compare table. Also, the proportional difference between guns and carros remains very different from that presented there.

Am I missing something obvious or is one set of data obsolete?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kulturni said:

I've been intrigued by the slightly different way data are presented in your various tables. Out of curiosity I cross-checked the damage information in the "Cannons" table against the "broadside damage" columns in the "Ship Compare" applet (which presents a lot more data than the "Ships" table).

This exercise was fairly simple, look up the number of broadside guns and divide by two

Thanks for the report. The cannon broadside damage is based on longs not mediums. The carronade damage calculation was wrong and is fixed now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 2:45 PM, Jan van Santen said:

Since ship compare "permanent" lists Cole pump, shouldnt Kitt's pump be there, too ?

Thanks for the report. Cole pump is listed because of the "leak resistance" modifier which the St. Kitts pump does not have.

Edited by Felix Victor

• 2 months later...

Good day Felix Victor

Seems that the table with canons characteristics on the site , which change significantly on 29 jun 22, are still the older one. May be the canon spec were manually loaded not read from the public file (it's only the forth time the dev change them I was told...:-)  )?  do you plan to maintain this site ? NOTE : Given the reload time of gun ~1 to 2min  Reporting i prefer  "damage/minute" instead of per second. 

I can confirm the public data provide the correct shop inventory ( on a couple I checked)  

Update Friday july 1st :

Given the fact that gun damage/min is higher for the smaller gun after the update and that their  penetration is sufficient to go through the max of 100 (unmodified)  we may see further update . If the table is manual better wait.... ( already Patch note mentioned change to canon)

Update Friday July 22:

4 and 6 in gun reload time increase to +5 sec...

Edited by DeStAug

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 8:29 PM, nam said:

Hey, didnt find where to write bug report or feedback, just noticed you show Le Gross Ventre as shallow water, its deep water. Unfortunately learned it the hard way :DD

Thanks for the report. I can confirm the bug. Won't fix it though due to time constraints. Might happen later.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I think you reply in the past that the map update after the daily reset of server(10am UTC) has some delay.
Players checking  the map early after the server reboot may still be getting the prior data.
Why not display on top of map either the actual time of the data  or dynamic message that show for example "updated hh:mm ago"? 

The server reboot time has been fairly consistent at 10am UTC for quite a while now

You could use this to send a warning to you if the update time is more than 25 hrs. (sometime your server has been down)  I reported the last time it was down above ( 2022-12-20)

Edited by DeStAug

Compare ship module . Wood list option .
I notice that  the list of woods in their  respective drop down have multiple copy ,
The first ship option has 3 copies of the list (in alphabetical order)   stacked one  after the other 
 After copying the ship to the second option 4 copies , copy again to the third column and 4 copies again...

if the second option ship is not copy from first but enter from scratch only 3 copies  of the wood list appears in option

On 4/14/2023 at 11:50 AM, DeStAug said:

Hello

I think you reply in the past that the map update after the daily reset of server(10am UTC) has some delay.
Players checking  the map early after the server reboot may still be getting the prior data.
Why not display on top of map either the actual time of the data  or dynamic message that show for example "updated hh:mm ago"? 

The server reboot time has been fairly consistent at 10am UTC for quite a while now

You could use this to send a warning to you if the update time is more than 25 hrs. (sometime your server has been down)  I reported the last time it was down above ( 2022-12-20)

My server runs on local time and I forgot to change the times for the cron jobs. Should be fixed.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:11 PM, DeStAug said:

Compare ship module . Wood list option .
I notice that  the list of woods in their  respective drop down have multiple copy ,
The first ship option has 3 copies of the list (in alphabetical order)   stacked one  after the other 
 After copying the ship to the second option 4 copies , copy again to the third column and 4 copies again...

if the second option ship is not copy from first but enter from scratch only 3 copies  of the wood list appears in option

The select library the map uses is not maintained anymore but full of bugs. Sorry, might not be fixed.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:07 PM, MacDugin said:

Great Map, I use it daily.

My question is it possible to show multiple items on the map at the same time, I would like to be able to see where different types of wood are so I can plan an effective waypoints.

As I do not play the game anymore I intend to just keep the map running and will not add new functionality. Sorry.