Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

Hello Felix 

thanks again for all this great work ! and to keep maitaining it ...

the new trading make the selection of county of lot less interesting for seing where to buy and sell  goods as they are now distributed in larger area such as 

Northern Europe , Southern europe , channel , south america , north america , central america , greater antille , etc...

will you add map that shows those new group area for goods ?

19 hours ago, Felix Victor said:

I will see what I think is useful. Haven't checked the new trading logic yet.

first estimate of sell price is around:    Sell = Buy *( 1.75 + 0.21 * Distance/100km)   , rangePct has been fixed to 2 for almost all item.  

I have no yet coded yet in which port each items is available and consumed to look for the closest distance and i got  the distance eyeballing the closest using your distance map functionality to get a first estimate with  a few items (only 5 good over 8 port . roughly)  

1-Very minor detail ... i prefer expression that  bring in factor single variable 

sellprice *(1.8 +Planardistance*distancefactor(item)/1000 ) 

2- knowing the new group of port the new larger region is going to be usefull  (instead of county )

North America . ( label missing on the NA-Map) 

central America

South America

North Europe  

South Europe

greater antille  (from lancashire iron : only east cuba,hispaniola , puerto rico ? does not include west cuba) but spanish almond ; greater antille and south europe  avialble in all cuba (west cuba is where spain port capital is and that makes it a "south europe" zone)  

Channel 

Carribean

common

To your knowledege are those item  geographical origin   given somewhere in one of the  API file (may be infered from some existing flag) ? 

It seems the origin of item for south and north europe actually corespond to a zone aorund the nation european capital port which are not capturable (spain , france , UK, denmark,suede , Nederland)  with the addition of the atlantic coast for US nation capital 

the item  zone (around nation capital )  may be related to the nation  county possibly adding neighboring county. 

reason for trying to get those zone  is that from the item geographical source , the port to maximize revenue should be close to unique. which means that selection of outpost to stock and sell  can be maximiize for sale / trip time.

One utility using the existing drop box for port (green lport) where an item is stocked   will be to provide the sell multiplier i.e.  (1.8+planardistance*distancefactor(item)/1000)  for that item from that port on a label associated to the port where the item   can be  consumed (the red port).

Currently as the distancefactor is the same (2)   this factor will be the same for all item belonging to the same group of geographical classification. and that will allow to load all the item (which are now a lot more diversified) for a trader flotte trip.   

DDZ-vasduten . At what  server time did you check  Las Tortugas  5 Madagascar Jewels?

the 5 units where there exactly at reboot ime , but if a player log back in at that boot time he will take all those item immediatey as this is the most valuable item of the game.

Check a less valuable item you see in any port and check back on netify (dry pork) . most likely the value will be correct . 

Reminder maintenance is at 10:00 AM UTC and server is back on line about 30 , 40 min later at around 10:35, the data provided here is only valid at server boot time...

il you check for today stocks on monday 7 june : you will see that Madagascar Jewels is not in the list of item . This item has not been restocked during maintenance...

Edited by DeStAug

Hello

s there a flag somewhere on the map  that show which data is currently used as there is a gap between server maintenance reset  time at UTC 10 and actual map update. Usefull for restocked  trading item .

If not , it could be a note under info  : Dataset update  YYYY/MM/DD 

regards

Is there any flag/text on the map that show which daily dataset is displyed as there is a lag between maintenance reboot of the server (from 10UTC)  and update of this map ?

regards

Edited by DeStAug

On 6/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, DeStAug said:

a gap between server maintenance reset  time at UTC 10

To my knowledge API data files are updated several times during maintenance. My map retrieves new data starting at 1040 every few minutes.

Edited by Felix Victor

First, Thank you very much for your time, and the wonderful map and tools. I just have a quick question, I'm not sure if someone has asked before. Last night I was in discord and myself and a friend both had the map open. We both had trades turned on and both of us entered Mad Jewells in the the good box and we both saw 2 different things. (Different ports showing availability, blue circles) Do you know why this would be?

Thanks Much

Updated map functionality (non refresh may have been there before upgraded interface) 

In ship compare tools  the ship stat refresh  immediately when changing wood frame or  wood trim  but not when changing the other parameters (perk  ,permanent, ship knowledge , ship trim  drop box )

As a work around try to change back and force the wood , but additionaly after removing the added option it seems to keep them :

Example After clearing all the perk  ,permanent, ship knowledge , ship trim option that were selected for ship 2 

I copy the data from ship 2 toship 3 . can see the differnt stat in ship 2 and ship 3.

image.png.99b05153b5c32cac2874ad67b120e2a0.png

Edited by DeStAug
  • Thanks 1

I do think you need to add on top of page both  the date and hour (UTC) of the update data set that is used on NA-MAP  Because, with the new individial trading system, the location of good /player is now quite critical to trading optimization/ maximization.  and outdated info sent the player on the wrong port...

-------------------

for some reason this morning Sunday 27 jun at UTC maintenace +-2:30  hrs the data was still from yesterday it seems ... checking again UTC+3 and it was correct . 

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:18 PM, DeStAug said:

Example After clearing all the perk  ,permanent, ship knowledge , ship trim option that were selected for ship 2 

I copy the data from ship 2 toship 3 . can see the differnt stat in ship 2 and ship 3.

Thanks for the report. I cannot reproduce it, could you please explain it step by step.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:21 PM, DeStAug said:

date and hour (UTC) of the update data set that is used

The map pulls new data at 1040, 1050, 1100, 1110, 1140, 1300 UTC. How would we know if the data is fully updated? In my experience API data changes several times during maintenance and there is no indicator for an completed update.