Game-Labs Forum
Felix Victor

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, qw569 said:

I think this can save traffic

It could but I would need to completely revise the code. Currently, I do not have the time for it (need to be grinding) and the json files use only 60KB. favicon.ico is a combined icon and is cached.

Edited by Felix Victor

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, Felix Victor said:

. Try to collect money from users, maybe $20/month needed.

Devs should definitively pay you the Money needed.

Or did you ever thought about selling your whole Project to Game Labs? So that your great map becomes official. You could also make an agreement with them to further develop the map.

Just my 2 Cents though.

Edited by Guest

Hi @Felix Victor,

I have been playing around a little with the NA API and your json files as well. I am impressed how much data you squeeze out of the API. Great job!

However, I have cross-checked a few values and stumbled across some oddities. 

How do you derive speeds? I have read somewhere here in the forum that MaxSpeed*SpeedToWind/13.03 gives the ship speed profile. But applying this formula, I see that the current API data (https://storage.googleapis.com/nacleanopenworldprodshards/ItemTemplates_cleanopenworldprodeu1.json) is not consistent with yours (https://na-map.netlify.com/data/ships.json). Now I'm confused if you use a different formula or is there more stuff to it? Also, maxSpeed does not correlate with the speed profiles. 

How do you retrieve thickness values and mast hp? I do not find any of those in the API. I assume these are also derived values? Are those values reliable? How do you verify they are correct? Same for repair times, repair quantities, turn rates, sailing crew size, leaks, firezone etc. 

Thank you in advance! And once again, great job! Keep it up! Would be happy to donate. 

10 hours ago, Felix Victor said:

I will add a donation button with the next hotfix or release, eta this weekend.

cant wait

• Like 7

1 hour ago, van Veen said:

How do you retrieve thickness values and mast hp?

xml game files, locally stored in

steamapps\common\Naval Action\Database\DesignModel\Modules

1 hour ago, van Veen said:

How do you derive speeds?

const speedConstA = 0.074465523706782;
const speedConstB = 0.00272175949231;
const calcPortSpeed = ship.Specs.MaxSpeed * speedConstA - speedConstB;
const speedDegrees = ship.Specs.SpeedToWind.map(speed => speed * calcPortSpeed);

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Map will most probably not working after maintenance. I am working on fixing it but I am struggling (also with the unstable hotel wifi). Still works but I cannot update it yet. Found it, update will be deployed soon.

Edited by Felix Victor

v8.11.6 2019-07-04

• fixed: list buildings shows shipyard level 1 cost correctly
  • fixed: ship compare shows leak/splinter/fire resistance correctly
  • added: paypal donation button (#218)
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Felix Victor said:

I will add a donation button with the next hotfix or release, eta this weekend.

About time.  😃

26 minutes ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

Donation button works, thanks again for this great map tool!

Thank you very much for your kind donation.

• Like 1

@Felix Victor not sure if its just me, but the Map doesnt seem to work correctly anymore. and Essex with Teak/Fir  vs Teak/White Oak has the same Health and Thickness now. I tried it with several ships. looks like it does  calculate the differernces between the Woods anymore

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Meraun said:

@Felix Victor not sure if its just me, but the Map doesnt seem to work correctly anymore. and Essex with Teak/Fir  vs Teak/White Oak has the same Health and Thickness now. I tried it with several ships. looks like it does  calculate the differernces between the Woods anymore

Thanks for the report. Hotfix will come asap.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

Donation button works, thanks again for this great map tool!

Confirmed!

• Like 2

how much can i donate? do i have to test it? 🤣👀

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 10:59 AM, Wyy said:

how much can i donate? do i have to test it? 🤣👀

It worked. I received some donations already, including from the devs 😀

Many, many thanks to all. 👍

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 3

Great map, thank you very much! Have you thought about adding gun weight and repairs weight when comparing ships?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Have you thought about adding gun weight and repairs weight when comparing ships?

Yes. I decided against it as the modal already contains so much information and I do not want to add more selects such as for cannons. There are some spreadsheets around for this, a very good one from @SS Minnow, for example.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

--- delete please ---

Edited by OjK

Many thanks for the great site. While trying around with the mods i noticed to thing that might need double checking, one the Rudder Half Time seems to go higher and not lower when adding improving mods and the splitter protection boni might have the wrong decimal (they all seem to add only below 1% boni, even when the in game stats say 5 or 7%). But keep up the great work.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, balticsailor said:

Many thanks for the great site. While trying around with the mods i noticed to thing that might need double checking, one the Rudder Half Time seems to go higher and not lower when adding improving mods and the splitter protection boni might have the wrong decimal (they all seem to add only below 1% boni, even when the in game stats say 5 or 7%). But keep up the great work.

Thanks for the report. Can you give me concrete examples, please?

Doctor Bloods Chest has 0.07 Boni (7%) but doesn't seem to add any to splinter protection, if you use it with oak planking you go from 10% to 11% protection, so i guess it might be a rounding thing there.

As for the Rudder Half Time, if i got it right it is the time from no rudder to full rudder (or visa vi) and it should decrease with mods like rum ration but it does increase. For ex sample 3rd oak oak 5 s half time goes to 5.6 s with extra rum. If you take a Fir/ Fir trim (no rum) you get 5.2 s again by my take it the time should be shorter then with Oak/Oak. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, balticsailor said:

Doctor Bloods Chest has 0.07 Boni (7%) but doesn't seem to add any to splinter protection, if you use it with oak planking you go from 10% to 11% protection, so i guess it might be a rounding thing there.

As for the Rudder Half Time, if i got it right it is the time from no rudder to full rudder (or visa vi) and it should decrease with mods like rum ration but it does increase. For ex sample 3rd oak oak 5 s half time goes to 5.6 s with extra rum. If you take a Fir/ Fir trim (no rum) you get 5.2 s again by my take it the time should be shorter then with Oak/Oak. 

Thanks. Will check.