Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

v8.9 2019-05-08

• new: port points are displayed (port tooltip and map settings, patch 31, #200)
  • new: county capital icons changed (patch 31, #202)
  • improved ship compare: port bonuses added (patch 31, #206)
  • improved ship compare: repairs (#182, #193)
  • fixed: all rare wood forests are displayed (patch 31, #207)

• Like 6

There is something strange with loot tables as suddenly I loot from 4th rate today first "Means of Directing the Fire" and then "Art of Cargo Distribution". Meanwhile the tables state 0% chance of that

5 hours ago, Malcolm3 said:

There is something strange with loot tables as suddenly I loot from 4th rate today first "Means of Directing the Fire" and then "Art of Cargo Distribution". Meanwhile the tables state 0% chance of that

A chance of '0' means very low probability, not improbable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Felix Victor said:

What does not work? All ports without a timer are also displayed in any time range.

Yes, thats one of the problems. Another thing is if you set range 01:00 to 04:00 ports like Nuevitas and Baracoa will not be displayed, but they do have 01:00 - 04:00 timers

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

nation of an attaking clan for the PB is shown as (n/a)

I know. I get the data from Mishka tweets, no nation indicated when insta-flipped. Haven't had the time adding the guessing of the nation.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2019 at 7:56 PM, Thonys said:

is it also possible to show the completed  invested buildings of the outpost

so we can make a better choice where we should make an outpost.

PortPoint can help to make correct decision.

Port with 45-55 portpoints use for shipbuilding.

Port with 25-35 for collect rarity woods.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

How na-map can help to find and share your position although the game will not show F11 coordinates anymore:

1. Share your position with the help of the in-game sextant

• Find your position on the in-game map
  • Find the same position on na-map and double click there ('show F11 coordinates' under 'Settings | Double click to' must be active)
  • Enter the coordinates ('Map tools | Go to F11') and click copy to clipboard
  • Share the link

2. Share your position with the help of the in-game trader tool

• Use the in-game trader tool to find the distances to the nearest ports (click on distance column to sort)
  • Enter the data for at least two ports ('Map tools | Get position')
  • Enter the coordinates ('Map tools | Go to F11') and click copy to clipboard
  • Share the link
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

actually at the intersection point of the four circles not at the average point shown. 

Still inside in the green circle 😶

Try to find ports which are not on one horizontal line.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Still inside in the green circle 😶

Try to find ports which are not on one horizontal line.

Well at the edge. :)

My point is that the 'best' point will always be at a point of intersection or very close to it. From the picture I gave you can see that there are four circles which generate eight points of circumferential intersection. If inaccuracy were not an issue then four of these intersections will coincide and ideally the ship will be at this position. No other location will have four points of intersection if four port distances are input.

I would suggest an algorithm which calculates the distance between each pair of intersection points and selects the four intersection points which are closest to each other and also includes intersections from all four circle pairs. You then place the ship position inside the area bounded by the cluster of four selected intersection points (there always being a cluster due to the input co-ordinate inaccuracy).

If only three towns are inserted this should result in the ship positioned within the selection of group of three co-located intersection points.

To calculate the circle intersection points using the input distances and the distance between ports the formula described in the linked video should assist. (apologies if you are familiar with all this, I am not trying to be condescending, just helpful). 

Great map by the way.

Buster 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

I would suggest an algorithm

The problem to solve is a trilateration (or multilateration). I have used a simpler approach by just indicating the intersection area and rely on the user to choose "good" ports. I will have a look into it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

The problem to solve is a trilateration (or multilateration). I have used a simpler approach by just indicating the intersection area and rely on the user to choose "good" ports. I will have a look into it.

Victor. I used three ports as points of distance references and my given location was correct. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

I performed  four town location and was actually at the intersection point of the four circles not at the average point shown.

Buster (woops!)

Updated beta version at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/:

• get position: trilateration instead of circle intersection, use Map tools | Get position

Please test 🙂

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 2