Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

v8.2 2019-02-09

• new: profitable trades (use settings | show trades)
  • new: port inventories as suggested by @Horton  (use settings | show trades)

Please note: Trade data is static (snapshot taken during maintenance). Therefore, price and/or quantity may not be available anymore. Data is limited as buy and sell prices at a certain port are only known when this port has this good in its inventory or a buy/sell contract. Better sell ports may be found using the in-game trader tool.

Made a stupid deployment error. Fixed now.

Edited by Felix Victor
Deployment error
  • Like 4

On the issue of "goods" being broken:

Have a look at the attached screenshot: i selected teak logs so i would expect the map to highlight the teak ports (i.e. Little Cayman) - however it doesnt do anything.

Edit: this is on Firefox 65.0

goods.thumb.PNG.99bada54f60097c42cbefada3a34adcc.PNG

Edited by s2bu
  • Like 1

box.thumb.PNG.e62fb6a6af1d5ece4d9fd978d10c80dd.PNG

Also on Firefox 65.0 the blue box is causing issues.

When hovering above a port that is left of the left edge of the box (i.e. Santa Cruz) the cursor changes and you can click the port for info - working as intended

When you are hovering above a port that is right of the left edge of the box the cursor doesnt change so you cannot get info on that port - this might be working as intended for the pirate ports on the northern side of cuba in the picture who are actually underneath GUI-elements. However you also cannot click Manzilla or Port Antonio (vertical postion has no effect on this issue). And here is the part that makes this problem "critical": The workaround to just drag the view so that the port you want info on is left of the box doesn't work on ports along right edge of the map...

Also when it comes to dragging the view around: when you start dragging in that "bugged (red) area" - lets say south of Sant iago. You dont drag at all but start highlighting text.

I'd say the cause of this problem is that the red area is actually part of the blue box as well...box2.thumb.PNG.0c43a356aba7e1b4a25b74219374b7ba.PNG

Edited by s2bu
  • Like 1

I would also like to see a setting where you can actually see the grid lines on the map itself. Right now the grid lines have the same color as the map background - maybe change them to have the color of the "grind frame background" (light gray) or the color of the "grid numbers".

I suggest either changing the setting "show grid on" or adding a 3rd setting "show grid on + visible gridlines"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, s2bu said:

issue of "goods" being broken

Confirmed. Bugfix is on the way

3 hours ago, s2bu said:

Firefox 65.0 the blue box is causing issues.

Confirmed. Fix is difficult as firefox interpretes flexbox differently than chrome.

3 hours ago, s2bu said:

see the grid lines on the map itself

Confirmed. Grid lines are still there but blocked from view. I havent found a way yet to manage both layers and flexboxes. Might also never be fixed.

Thanks for the reports!

in regards to the "blue box".

can you maybe temporarily move that information out of the map area until there is a "proper fix"?

image.thumb.png.d75fc71f70fc355b9bca4192e74b3b68.png

that screen shot is 3/4 of the width of a 1920x1080 screen (which still leaves 1/4 room for TS)

Edited by s2bu

5 hours ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

pirate rig refit and Elite pirate rig refit is missing

All rig refits are missing as I can't calculate their impact (main sail force, jib force, spanker sail force). @SS Minnow has some related data in his Naval Action Explorer which I might incorporate in the map tools if he allows it and I can find the time doing it.

Thanks for the report.

Edited by Felix Victor