Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch 14 Part 3

14 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Constitution-Java_battle_plan.png

This picture is great, it could come right out of NA. Looks like Connie got sterncamped hard haha. Also heavily remembers me of Dorans guide:

2.10: Took initiative of wind
2.35: Boom and zoom
2.50: Tacked to gain separation, switched larboard to starboard
4.15: Wasted fire at bow (or not if Connie held the broadside)
... its all there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Havelock said:

Looks like Connie got sterncamped hard haha.

She wasn't. Java had the opportunity twice to sternrake Connie but missed to do. Otherwise she could have won the battle.

Constitution:repairing is half correct. They had used all the gunpowder charges, iirc some 70 broadsides, and were refilling.

Notice wear and tack times.

Also, most of the combat was not at Full sail if even at any given time.

;)

Just now, Havelock said:

What a noob. Probably was on Random Fire.

hehe, I don't know the exact circumstances but Java's captain was one of the most experienced ones of the Brits.

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Constitution:repairing is half correct. They had used all the gunpowder charges, iirc some 70 broadsides, and were refilling.

And she lost her rudder which had to be repaired ;)

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Wasa doesn't need any more speed, but we have port battle timers too, so wonder what else was changed/done.

there was a discussion about the Wasa last night on the EU global channel. A few believe it should become much like the Ingermanland of the 3rd rates. In this case however it should be a slow ship with long reload time. 

8 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

there was a discussion about the Wasa last night on the EU global channel. A few believe it should become much like the Ingermanland of the 3rd rates. In this case however it should be a slow ship with long reload time. 

Yah It should have a BR around the 3rd rate, it's almost the same HP and such, just better guns but way less crew so putting it between the 3rds and 4th BR would make since instead of nerfing it's stats.

Honestly they should of made the 3rd rate the note ship as it's rarely used and can be a stepping stone for folks going from 4th to 3rds/SOL's

• Like 4

Tell me one reason why someone should sail Inger over Wasa and then take that same question and ask every other ship that is not being used for over a year. 

We need attributes like:

Armor Bonus

Reload Bonus

Turn Bonus

Stability Bonus

Crew Bonus

etc...

Example:

Wasa (Stability Bonus) - heavier guns

Inger (Reload , Turn Bonus) - hull shape and space

These attributes will make each ship unique, but without them we will just sail the 'best' ship. Even sailing profile is not enough to make them stand out from each other. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

2 minutes ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

Tell me one reason why someone should sail Inger over Wasa and then take that same question and ask every other ship that is not being used for over a year. 

Notes

5 hours ago, Quineloe said:

Battle sails currently are hardly viable with the new sailing mechanics because your ship loses so much speed, acceleration and manual sail turning that you might as well just surrender.

I suggest everyone try to do one PVE battle using battle sails. You'll see what I'm talking about. It is utterly pointless to go battle sails now. 
It wasn't like this before the patch. Not at all.

So much for realism....