Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch 14 Part 3

17 minutes ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

I think in battle leeway is useless because you always steering anyways. All it might do is make you slow.  

It will make ships with huge sail power to hull ratios  (like surprise, rattlesnake) bad in holding the course and bad in chasing, but great in brawling (amazing turning)
Alternatively ships with lower sail power to hull ratios (like uss constitution) great in holding the course = chasing and running (not so good turning). 

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, admin said:

It will make ships with huge sail power to hull ratios bad in holding the course = bad in chasing, but great in brawling (amazing turning)
Alternatively ships with low sail power to hull ratios (like uss constitution) great in holding the course = chasing and running (not so good turning). 

Why would I chase someone who does not want to fight?

This brings a lot of questions. If I am in a brawler and can't chase this means I have upper hand in close combat, but my opponent will escape when hurt if he is sailing on low sail to hull ship..

This means chasing / running ships will need to fit for Sniper (long guns) and maintain distance at all times, but must work in groups to be effective (skirm groups). Sail in harass sail out. 

This makes low sail to hull ships useless for 1 vs 1 fights, but can still be ok for Trader hunt. On the other hand they can work in a group as skirm fleet during the aggression time. Whoever has the most turn will win I guess. 

Adding mods that would make runner ship a hybrid (brawler/sniper) would be great. I hope you will figure out something and expand your ship capabilities even further. Let players decide what they want to do with their build, I love Constitution and would love to make it a hybrid ship that could fight in some 1 vs 1 vs more maneuverable opponents. 

This new patch will make some old ships new player favorite while retiring the rest of all player loved ships. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

@admin

Those new features are great and we are all looking forward to testing them.

But I have to ask for something really easy for you to introduce and that would make a lot of people happy.

As simple as this: hull repairs, rig repairs and rum should be available in every shop. Why can we buy medium cannons but never repairs?

This would increase PVP and free us of boring  travels.

Think about It.

Edited by _Alucard_
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

@admin

Those new features are great and we are all looking forward to testing them.

But I have to ask for something really easy for you to introduce and that would make a lot if people happy.

As simple as this: hull repairs, rig repairs and rum should be available in every shop. Why can we buy medium cannons but never repairs?

This would increase PVP and free us of boring  travels.

Think about It.

Didn't they put them in regional capitals or something, but the point is why do you go places and not bring them?  Why not buy them off the poor noob that is trying to make a buck?  Repairs are a great starting produciton some one can make money off.   Those would make great tutorial missions to introduce a new player to crafting. Setting up out post and buildings to craft hull repairs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

Why would I chase someone who does not want to fight?

This brings a lot of questions. If I am in a brawler and can't chase this means I have upper hand in close combat, but my opponent will escape when hurt if he is sailing on low sail to hull ship..

This means chasing / running ships will need to fit for Sniper (long guns) and maintain distance at all times, but must work in groups to be effective (skirm groups). Sail in harass sail out. 

This makes low sail to hull ships useless for 1 vs 1 fights, but can still be ok for Trader hunt. On the other hand they can work in a group as skirm fleet during the aggression time. Whoever has the most turn will win I guess. 

Adding mods that would make runner ship a hybrid (brawler/sniper) would be great. I hope you will figure out something and expand your ship capabilities even further. Let players decide what they want to do with their build, I love Constitution and would love to make it a hybrid ship that could fight in some 1 vs 1 vs more maneuverable opponents. 

It's not like a Connie will outrun a fast frigate you just have to take this in cosideration when chasing and low sail to Hull means less sailing power therefore slower

Edited by amplify
Forgot some points

3 minutes ago, amplify said:

It's not like a Connie Will outrun a gaat frigate you Will Just have to take this in cosideration when chasing 

We will surely test this after this patch. I feel like everything is going to change. Conie would not run from frigate anyway, but it would need to stay at range and use damage output as upper hand. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Didn't they put them in regional capitals or something, but the point is why do you go places and not bring them?  Why not buy them off the poor noob that is trying to make a buck?  Repairs are a great starting produciton some one can make money off.   Those would make great tutorial missions to introduce a new player to crafting. Setting up out post and buildings to craft hull repairs.

No, there are no repairs in capitals. Only those sold by players.

New players can make money with other goods, sell their crafting hours or whatever. But we need to be able to purchase repairs wherever we are. If I don't have them, I can't do PVP. 

Even if you purchase a ship in the shop, you can arm it with meddium cannons but if you lack repairs= no PVP and end of story.

Also, we would get rid of those boring travels carrying only repairs....

Player's time is gold, so don't force him to waste it on these boring things.

Edited by _Alucard_

1 minute ago, _Alucard_ said:

New players can make money with other goods, sell their crafting hours or whatever. But we need to be able to purchase repairs wherever we are. If I don't have them, I can't do PVP. 

Even if you purchase a ship in the shop, you can arm it with meddium cannons but if you lack repairs= no PVP and end of story.

Go make them. and if there are no repairs in your capital that just means your nation is doing something wrong and you can make some nice money bys sellingthem there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

. Several new upgrades added

6. New combo books added

Seriously hope they won't be walled behind massive PVE grind or insane PVP mark costs.

Make crafters craft upgrades already.

Also, if you add Leeway to OW, we need more tools for the OW as well. Currently we're running on the tools of 500 BC, a working compass and nothing else.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

Player's time is gold, so don't force him to waste it on these boring things.

Really that is funny cause I find repairs all the time in shop not sold by players.  Maybe with the bigger population....JUST MAYBE FOLKS BUY THEM.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

46 minutes ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

Look at this map. It has arrows as currents and I think this would be the best approach to currents. Just needs extra current for Florida coast to merge with the rest as well as Bahamas. Sailing with current would add speed bonus. B6n0I4W.jpg

POBS had the currents thing all wrong. All of it. Never mind what a stupid mechanic it was. Speed buff by passing over a giant arrow in the water? Yuck.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, amplify said:

Go make them. and if there are no repairs in your capital that just means your nation is doing something wrong and you can make some nice money bys sellingthem there

Yup.  I for one like having them in some places but not everywhere.  They were a huge time and hours sink, but being able to stock up and sail out works.  There is also opportunity for a new player to sail them to PvP ports and sell them.  I would expand it to regional capitals too.  That would not be game breaking and would reduce sails.

And reduce the use of them in battles.  Make the battles shorter.

Edited by IndianaGeoff

11 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Make crafters craft upgrades already.

I'm marking this day on the Calendar.  December 15th, 2017.  A day which will live in infamy.  A day that I actually agree with Quineloe.

Everything aspect of the game should be tied back to economy.  Upgrades should not be grinded for.  (Recipes for them, perhaps?)  Everything should be focused on having merchants in the water, moving goods.  Everything stems from that.

• Like 10

All I can say is stop listening to these masochistic fools, there's enough to worry about in a battle other than another mechanic like capsizing bad enough the unrealistic reverse sailing. I'm no sailor but I'm pretty sure you would trim or let go sail and use jibs to turn through the wind not let your mains blow you backward.

Between the EU server merge the reverse sailing for me this game is losing its appeal. Capsizing may just be the last nail in the coffin.

21 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

I'm marking this day on the Calendar.  December 15th, 2017.  A day which will live in infamy.  A day that I actually agree with Quineloe.

Everything aspect of the game should be tied back to economy.  Upgrades should not be grinded for.  (Recipes for them, perhaps?)  Everything should be focused on having merchants in the water, moving goods.  Everything stems from that.

I've repeated this over and over. You need to pay more attention :P

• Like 2