Game-Labs Forum

23 minutes ago, maturin said:

Was she like the Bellona-class frigates at all, where the 18-pdrs were designed for cruising and the 24s for battleline emergencies?

I would rather see the armament cut down than the performance. Maybe 24/24 would be a nice compromise. The identical load times would popular with PvP-ers, and represent less of a drastic step down.

In the end, some of these borderline cases might be better handled with a permanent hidden module that decreases damage, to simulate lighter national calibers.

The only time I read about this cruising/ wartime armament was Gardiner´s Warships, I think. A handful of Bellonas and Gustav Adolphs carried a lighter armament prior to the war of 1788/89 but the reason for that was there simply weren´t enough 24- and 36-pounders available (390 36-pounders and 420 24-pounders were ordered in total in the early 1780s), not a deliberate decision by the admiralty.

24/24 sounds good, though :)

Edited by Malachi

2 hours ago, Valentine Karrde said:

there aren't that many that enjoy the crafting over combat

But i know many that like to have the mixture of fighting, trading and crafting!

2 hours ago, Valentine Karrde said:

If there were, ships on the market wouldn't be over priced and you could easily get what you want immediately by simply asking.

That could be a clan thing, but I can get any ship fast and for a reasonable price.

2 hours ago, Verlich said:

If we force people to leave places they find comfortable then the game falls apart.

Recognizing the player population one might say that the game is already falling apart!?

Seriously: I don‘t think that placing the valuable woods and rare resources further from the safe zones would kill the game.

In combination with the other proposed changes it could make it better imo.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

33 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

But i know many that like to have the mixture of fighting, trading and crafting!

That could be a clan thing, but I can get any ship fast and for a reasonable price.

Make no mistake, I am a master crafter. I have zero delay getting ships. I am merely stating reasons why crafting has failed in this game and why there needs to be an artificial way to obtain ships. 

20 hours ago, Valentine Karrde said:

Merchants and ship builders have never been able to keep up with demand. I hate trading and crafting but I had to craft just to keep myself in ships. Hardly any ships for sale are worth sailing. 

Really? Ours seem to keep up fine....  only bottle neck is online times

31 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

Really? Ours seem to keep up fine....  only bottle neck is online times

I'm talking the open market. Closed clan economies work great,  try to buy a ship on the EU server, either you will be ripped off on the price or will go through half a dozen incompetent crafters before you get one that might be able to make it for you, in a day or two. 

@Valentine Karrde Don‘t you think that placing contracts for ships could work great?

—> Select the ship and built you want to have, what gold / cm you want to spend on it and create a contract for it.

This way you wouldn‘t have any problems with incompetent crafters either because you say what you want.

I think there would be enough crafters online for that - at least if you allow global ship contracts.

Getting the mats and either crafting ships or having one crafted is not the problem. That is part of the game. It’s the actual process of organizing the materials that is unnecessarily tedious with so many clicks and switching screens. I really hope the new UI addresses this!

27 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Getting the mats and either crafting ships or having one crafted is not the problem. That is part of the game. It’s the actual process of organizing the materials that is unnecessarily tedious with so many clicks and switching screens. I really hope the new UI addresses this!

I just want to be able to make as many of one item as I want within the limits of my resources and Labor hours on a single damn click

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

@Valentine Karrde Don‘t you think that placing contracts for ships could work great?

—> Select the ship and built you want to have, what gold / cm you want to spend on it and create a contract for it.

This way you wouldn‘t have any problems with incompetent crafters either because you say what you want.

I think there would be enough crafters online for that - at least if you allow global ship contracts.

The only thing I think will solve the problem of incompetent crafters would probably be if the ship builder created a note that was sold where the buyer could customize his own ship. Other than that, your just spitting in the wind trying to find someone who can craft what you want. I don't want to wait days for a contract to be filled, I want to get out to the fight now, not later. 

This is why I was forced to do something I detest in all games: craft. Trust me when I say, I'd rather do about anything else lol.

Edited by Valentine Karrde

Wasa has been OP since the day it was introduced into the game. Despite everyone (including myself) constantly suggesting to nerf the ship, it has only gotten better over the patches. It is clear that the developers want a game where big ships (and the Wasa) are kings of the sea, why fight them on this when it is clear that they have no intentions on listening? 

IMO, 5th and 6th rates are pretty useless right now (unless fighting against their same class) so maybe its time to stop complaining and buy a Wasa! Its practically free after all ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

maybe its time to stop complaining and buy a Wasa!

Yup, sadly... another reason I prefer Legends.

35 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

Its practically free after all 

Yeah, at least they make it available for everyone so I guess they are thinking that if someone isn't sailing Wasa and gets rekt by one it's their fault for not sailing it aswell... :D

5 hours ago, Valentine Karrde said:

I don't want to wait days for a contract to be filled, I want to get out to the fight now, not later. 

You could have some ships in your dockyard to replace sunken ones immediately - just requires a bit more planning and dockspace.

Or you join a good organized clan - ship replacement would be no problem than.

Btw: I finally noticed that we‘re a bit off topic - sorry guys!

So if we want to continue our discussion we should open another thread.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

4 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

You could have some ships in your dockyard to replace sunken ones immediately - just requires a bit more planning and dockspace.

Or you join a good organized clan - ship replacement would be no problem than.

Btw: I finally noticed that we‘re a bit off topic - sorry guys!

So if we want to continue our discussion we should open another thread.

I have all the dock space upgrades, it's not enough. To maximize pvp you need to have ships at every free port. With all the dock space that limits you to one or two ships. I am not talking about myself here. I'm in an elite pvp outfit and am able to replace losses immediately. But that said, I am not the average player who isn't in a top clan that is composed of some of the best players in game. Most players are at the mercy of whatever they can find on the ships tab or whoever they can find online. Every once in awhile, I do a test to see if anything changes in that aspect and that test fails every time. 

Ok, one last statement:

4 hours ago, Valentine Karrde said:

Most players are at the mercy of whatever they can find on the ships tab or whoever they can find online. Every once in awhile, I do a test to see if anything changes in that aspect and that test fails every time. 

To know if it would function we‘d need to try a global ship contract system!

On 12/15/2017 at 4:02 PM, Valentine Karrde said:

Why should the customer have to supply the ship builder? You take on that you better be well supplied or I won't use you ever again. Nothing infuriates me more than to have someone take my order then not be able o deliver immediately or ask me to provide parts. If I have to provide parts, I'll make it myself. 

Your a child, you must be. If your so needy why doesn't your guild have it's own private crafter who is fed Labor contracts and supplies by the entire group? Because if your going to random people that are like yeah I can build that, it doesn't mean yeah let me twinkle my nose and heres the best build out there. If I as a crafter did everything your way, instead of crafting for my clan I'd flat out never be able to play the game. You know this isn't EVE I can' just go to Jita with a trade ship and fill my hold with every part and supply under the sun for a lump sum. We have 500 people in a player driven economy that needs 3000 just to make it function halfway. What on God's green earth do you expect a person to do if they can't even hold all the production building to make ships?

1 minute ago, Verlich said:

Your a child, you must be. If your so needy why doesn't your guild have it's own private crafter who is fed Labor contracts and supplies by the entire group? Because if your going to random people that are like yeah I can build that, it doesn't mean yeah let me twinkle my nose and heres the best build out there. If I as a crafter did everything your way, instead of crafting for my clan I'd flat out never be able to play the game. You know this isn't EVE I can' just go to Jita with a trade ship and fill my hold with every part and supply under the sun for a lump sum. We have 500 people in a player driven economy that needs 3000 just to make it function halfway. What on God's green earth do you expect a person to do if they can't even hold all the production building to make ships?

And you obviously cannot read. I and every single member of my clan are master crafters. Any one of us can make a ship any time and we all store our own supplies and craft all of our own parts. We do not use the clan warehouse for ship building. Why don't you go back and read the thread and better yet, attempt to comprehend it, before coming back and constructing an argument that is less moronic and has a thread of logic in it? I'll be waiting,

On 12/15/2017 at 3:26 AM, Valentine Karrde said:

Merchants and ship builders have never been able to keep up with demand. I hate trading and crafting but I had to craft just to keep myself in ships. Hardly any ships for sale are worth sailing. 

There is a very easy solution to this: more labor hours, more resources from buildings, more buildings. Dedicated trader with two accounts has 15 minutes of gameplay per day in this game. As if this were a F2P Facebook game.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:57 AM, Valentine Karrde said:

I'm talking the open market. Closed clan economies work great,  try to buy a ship on the EU server, either you will be ripped off on the price or will go through half a dozen incompetent crafters before you get one that might be able to make it for you, in a day or two. 

If money had value I'd offer my Shipyard for any project. But money is worthless, so I don't.