Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

as someone who routinely plays on both, I do not notice the lag.  70 ping vs 180 ping, really makes no difference in Naval Action.  This is from real game play experience, not just theoretical.  Let's take @North for example, he's got like 12 ping and he still manages to get boarded like a noob in PBs :-)

I do however think that to help the AUS/Oceanic players a server with the same location as global would be more ideal so everyone can have "acceptable" ping.  This however might be asking too much of our most gracious and accommodating EU server players just right now.  Once they get over the shock of the great American migration back to the server, they might be more open to other things.  Think of the merge as just inserting the tip for the time being.

I did not have 12 ping but 238 and had nothing to do with me getting border. Cause i had 28% sail after the fireship.

My ping and alot of Russians are over 400 on global

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Its because the obvious answer is, well, obvious...  The original post tells you the answer, mate...  Everything from GLOBAL goes to EU...

Yeah and they said this shit last time and it just didn't. So I will take the obvious when I see it with me own two mk1 eye balls.

If i ask a question, well its because I want a clear answer from the Devs, not some guy who interprets the original post different to me.

We got screwed last time this sort of thing was done  so forgive me if this time I'm a lil bit sceptical

Edited by Jesters-Ink
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

as someone who routinely plays on both, I do not notice the lag.  70 ping vs 180 ping, really makes no difference in Naval Action.  This is from real game play experience, not just theoretical.  Let's take @North for example, he's got like 12 ping and he still manages to get boarded like a noob in PBs :-)

I do however think that to help the AUS/Oceanic players a server with the same location as global would be more ideal so everyone can have "acceptable" ping.  This however might be asking too much of our most gracious and accommodating EU server players just right now.  Once they get over the shock of the great American migration back to the server, they might be more open to other things.  Think of the merge as just inserting the tip for the time being.

I get 40 ping on the Global server and 150-200 on the Eu Server - for me (and others) the lag is VERY noticeable.  Not so much in OW or small 1 vs 1 PvP, but in large battles.  In a couple of the 40 + player screening battles between GB and France, I was getting 5-10 second lag constantly - and even worse on occasion.  I know I am not the only person getting unacceptable lag into Eu server.  What drives the issue, I'm not sure?  Clearly my older PC doesn't help, but I'm sure my PC isn't the worst out there - and may be typical of PC many casual gamers use.  I have reduced all the settings I can to help reduce the lag, but it is still bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ElricTheThree said:

I get 40 ping on the Global server and 150-200 on the Eu Server - for me (and others) the lag is VERY noticeable.  Not so much in OW or small 1 vs 1 PvP, but in large battles.  In a couple of the 40 + player screening battles between GB and France, I was getting 5-10 second lag constantly - and even worse on occasion.  I know I am not the only person getting unacceptable lag into Eu server.  What drives the issue, I'm not sure?  Clearly my older PC doesn't help, but I'm sure my PC isn't the worst out there - and may be typical of PC many casual gamers use.  I have reduced all the settings I can to help reduce the lag, but it is still bad.

So would you rather sail around and do nothing with 40ms or sail around and fight with 180ms?

6 minutes ago, ElricTheThree said:

multiple people slowing down your game is PC related, not a ping issue.  Unfortunately most people are unable to make the distinction.

The situation is basically sail around with no one, or deal with a little lag.  Me personally....I'm fine with a little lag if i means I can be on a server with more than 80 people.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 6:21 PM, RedNeckMilkMan said:

So would you rather sail around and do nothing with 40ms or sail around and fight with 180ms?

the issue is the game becomes unplayable - so it's not a question of choosing to play with 180 ping - it's a question then of what other game do I play...

On 11/12/2017 at 6:23 PM, Christendom said:

multiple people slowing down your game is PC related, not a ping issue.  Unfortunately most people are unable to make the distinction.

I do not suffer the performance issue in 25 v 25 PB's on the Global server....  so I have a PC that works fine with the global server.  The difference is the server location, and the latency related.

Just now, ElricTheThree said:

I do not suffer the performance issue in 25 v 25 PB's on the Global server....  so I have a PC that works fine with the global server.  The difference is the server location, and the latency related.

I highly doubt it, especially considering you haven't been on global in months.  You're entitled to believe what you wish, but don't make the rest of us have to suffer on global because your machine can't handle it.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, forrester said:

my few cents, us global players would't like to loose it all, ports and clan warehouse and such. So I'd say make the map a bit bigger, and give everyone a fresh start.

Keep crafting, rank, and a few ships.....

no the brits don't need more empty ports cap.

• Like 1

Hello there,

Just got updated about this new change.

PB windows to be set by clans...This is not new, we tested it and saw many ports with "unpracticable" timers that were purposely set as defensive issue.

While other clans will set their timer at their best activity timing which will possibly be around 4AM for other players...

How this issue could become reality again ? The EU server has become GLOBAL for the sake of the game (close to be released).

A final choice has been made: sacrifice practical PB timers for certain communities ==> for a "global" game play.

Conclusion: This game will remain strategical ==> only for those players who can sacrifice their life time.

• Like 4

I assumed this was coming at some point. And I don’t care if a port battle happens while I’m asleep. I like the game, but I like my life too. One is just pixels that are constantly changing. Who cares?

Admin there will need to be a carefully constructed set of instructions on how we should deal with this. Please make note of the questions being raised in this thread and start an FAQ.

I will miss our Aussie and Kiwi brothers. Please consider a US East Coast server location. They have the ping to play if it’s based there.

I advocate a map wipe.

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, forrester said:

What nation are you sailing now Christendom, I cant keep track

good one.  You know where I am, you guys keep failing to take carta from us.  I would of been very happy to stay as brit, but unfortunately you guys don't work well with others and you were too interested in taking empty ports rather than fighting for them,.

need a dislike button

20 hours ago, admin said:

port battles are clan based - remember. 
As an owner of the port you will have full control on when you can defend and who can enter. 
Also don't forget that on release we had same system on all servers and it worked just fine. Night flips were a problem with alliances - with no alliances (clans based content - it is not going to be a major issue)

Same shit as before, just have some friendly clans from all time zones in your nation and your ports are safe, since they can cover the worst time for the enemy (3 AM in the night)

real reason for this change: 1 server is cheaper than 2 =)

• Like 17

1 hour ago, North said:

So your saying the smallest populations should not have lag, give the lag to biggest populated server? Seem fair and logical

Where did I say they should make Global the server? I simply pointed out that latency is an issue. Lets not act like it wont be a problem it will.

Edited by koiz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

Confirmation bias, it is an issue for some still in NA and its still a problem for the AUS players.

20 minutes ago, Raekur said:

So we are playing on the EU server now? Let see, longer distance to server and more people on the server.. NA players are going to get smacked with some lag. 

No you're playing on the Caribbean server :lol:

Edited by Guest

Some nations/clans in the past misused the defence timers and set them to times in the middle of the night, just because they knew their enemies would struggle to attack at those times. In the beginning they stated that they had us and aussie time zone players etc, but the pbs where never defended. This happened the last time, I'm not making it up. And in the end all nations used this "game mechanic".. 
I vote that if some clans misuse the defence timers systematically and do not defend when they are attacked, they should lose the right to set defensive timers!

• Like 4