Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

On 12/14/2017 at 3:33 PM, Vernon Merrill said:

One of Admins posts said they were hoping for early next week.  Really no reason why you can’t get started on the new server already though.  

Reason, changed character, not grinding again...

ill wait for cash and ships, never doing the grind in this game after three goes already. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 8:31 AM, admin said:

Captains. Please pay attention to the important announcement regarding the pvp servers

PVP EU will be renamed "Caribbean"

• PVP global will be closed down 
  • All assets from the PVP Global will be transferred to the redeemables tied to steam account including
    • combat and crafting xp
    • slot xp
    • knowledge books learnt
    • ships
    • money and monetary costs of buildings and outposts and dockyard slots
    • resources
    • clan warehouses are under review - we will try to merge them too to the officer who logged in last
  • Defence timers will come back: clans will set the 2-3 hour defense timer that will be used to set up port battles
  • Defence timers will cost 100k per day, clans can choose to not setup the defence timers if they choose to do so.
  • Next day port battles will be partially abandoned. Majority of port battles will start the same day from the hostility generation.
    • If you raise hostility before the defense timer port battle will start during the defense timer (which sometimes mean immediately)
      • you raise hostility at 2pm UTC 
      • defense timer is at 4-6pm UTC
      • Port battle will start today at 4pm UTC
        • if you raise hostility to 100 from 4 to 6 port battle will start immediately
    • if you raise hostility after the defense timer port battle will start the next day during the defense timer
      • you raise hostility at 8pm UTC
      • defense timer is at 4-6pm UTC
      • port battle will start at 4pm UTC the next day

TLDR: One world - one pvp server. 

Discuss.

I'm okay with this

4 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

ill wait for cash and ships, never doing the grind in this game after three goes already. 

I get it...  I was just think its sometimes fun to buy a cheap ship and go hunting up in the Bahamas, especially since their is actual people there these days...  just a thought.

No worries.

On 14/12/2017 at 12:26 PM, Valentine Karrde said:

It takes roughly an hour to gather everything for a level 3 shipyard. It's called European traders. It may take a day or so to craft the fittings but they go quick too.

But it is stupid to do it this way. We can all figure out exactly what quantities of which materials are required to build the Level 1, Level 2 plus Level 3 shipyard so surely it is simpler to give those materials in those quantities to us as redeemables. How on earth would you figure out the cash value? Labour Contracts required etc. A decision like this just makes the devs look either stupid or just plain nasty to players.

Edited by Wynkyn de Worde
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

But it is stupid to do it this way. We can all figure out exactly what quantities of which materials are required to build the Level 1, Level 2 plus Level 3 shipyard so surely it is simpler to give those materials in those quantities to us as redeemables. How on earth would you figure out the cash value? Labour Contracts required etc. A decision like this just makes the devs look either stupid or just plain nasty to players.

I'm not sure why you are surprised.... these developers aren't exactly known for their customer service abilities.

13 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

You could just cruise around and meet the new neighbors.  Especially if you have the redeemable Yacht so you can cruise like a pimp daddy. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 2

I was just wondering for you EU guys that pay attention to things like this. Since this announcement have ya'll noticed the numbers of players online going up from what it was before or they been staying the same.  When I log on EU server this week the numbers seem way higher than they where in the past that I logged on during those times.  So maybe your not just getting current GLOBAL active players you might be getting many returning players that have taken time away from the game?  If so another sign we need to brush off the haters and encourage things that are better for the game population even if a few folks are going to hate there private little world being changed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

More numbers until much later hours.

Where as before the sudden drop to 90 players was around 1.30 AM, the last two days has been around 3am-4am.

All times in UTC / zulu time

I get home from work right after server down time (3rd shift really blows right now) and notice when EU would of been pretty dead it's been hopping in numbers.   Just looking at the numbers they are going up and  comparing them with how much GLOBAL has dropped more it seems it's going up way more in comparison.  Which could be a good thing if even part of those players stick around. 

Oh want to add normally I get around 130-140 ping on EU server and it's been down in the 120's too.  Maybe something go fixed between me and the EU server.  Just waiting to see if I get any of the retarded ping spikes that go up to 400-600.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Well in our main time from about 14.00-22.00 servertime i see roughly the same numbers. Maby 5-10 less. Outside that I  think a small increase. But can nok say at 24-06 in the Night, I sleep at that time. But we will se when the servere are merged. It is not the first couple of week that interest me, but the long tirm. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Reginald said:

Any response yet regarding ships that transfer?  Will they keep their upgrades and all repairs assigned under the old server once transferred to the Carib EU server?

This has been asked and answered, all assets will transfer, including guns and upgrades on ships. Put repairs in your WH in case they don't scrub the ship holds.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was just wondering for you EU guys that pay attention to things like this. Since this announcement have ya'll noticed the numbers of players online going up from what it was before or they been staying the same.  When I log on EU server this week the numbers seem way higher than they where in the past that I logged on during those times.  So maybe your not just getting current GLOBAL active players you might be getting many returning players that have taken time away from the game?  If so another sign we need to brush off the haters and encourage things that are better for the game population even if a few folks are going to hate there private little world being changed.

don't see significant changes

7days each col=2h
rTuBuPs.png

Edited by qw569
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BPHick said:

This has been asked and answered, all assets will transfer, including guns and upgrades on ships. Put repairs in your WH in case they don't scrub the ship holds.

That is an important question, will items stored in ships hold be transferred?  I would assume so as a lot of people store stuff that way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chilly Willy said:

perhaps a bit off topic 

Safe zones around Capitols ok:  need to be smaller  (my opinion)

Save zones everywhere else  Just like port battle timers if you want them

Pay For Them...  Thoughts?

couldn't post this in one of the 11ty billion threads on safe zones?

• Like 1