Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

Its about time, should only have ever been 1 server even the PvE should be rolled into the PvP server, then work actually being done to create more PvE based gameplay, maybe its time to make flagging for PvP just like smuggling an option, those that flag for PvP are faster on OW, hostility should create PvP zones around the port to make PvE harder around contested areas. The game need serious work to make it work, PvE and PvP should always be hand in hand, all MMO's from experience have great PvE content that helps make the PvP possible!

• Like 4

I am in favour of keeping the Global server and moving players from the EU server. I assume the process would be automated, so whatever algorithm will be used to enact the move should work for moving EU to global. This would not alienate the oceanic players, as we can probably put up with 250-300ms ping but 500ms would be too noticeable to not be off-putting. And while this game doesn't require split seconds reaction like a FPS, there are still times where a few milliseconds can mean the difference between losing your ships or sailing to safety. Please reconsider this before you lose a chunk of your players. 

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You didnt do RVR and dont do RVR. Dont tell me if this merge is not going to be a major issue.

On release we had a national news full of shit and toxics threads and posts.

Night flips are a problem as soon as you have a 24/7 clan-community. Night flips were less an issue precisely thanks to alliances. Thanks to alliances the spanish ports flipped by US were possible to defend thanks to a mix of danish, french, swdish and spanish captains.

Again, you didnt learn anything. You didnt take the time to see how RVR worked back in that time.

i think you misread the whole you set your own defensive windows part of the post

@admin recommend re-thinking the 22 hour battle idea.  Better to keep it simple.  A day (or 2) to prepare would help combat and organize attacks during off time hours.  

Also need to think about server location.  according to @Wraith's survey data a US based server was ideal for the most amount of players.  I know a lot of Oceanic players have issues connecting to EU with very high ping.  A US based server (like global currently is) would offer the best case scenario for the majority of folks.  No one will have amazing ping, everyone will have "acceptable" ping.  

Just a thought.  With this move we do unfortunately alienate our Chinese and Aussie friends on global.  

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Yeah, so if you want to take their port fight in their time, if that means waiting until the weekend, so be it.

Or they can fight other EU clans, maybe if they didnt' all join one nation....wait we have 11 nations so with odds there will be a good number of clans in most nations.  Just don't be a dick and run those none clans of your region out of the nation.  Let them do there own thing and you do your.  It's pretty simple.  We don't have to own every thing in every time zones after all.

27 minutes ago, Cortez said:

And again, when US and Australians set an opposite time to Euros, there is no fight again.

Than fight the EU clans in your time zones.  I know we have fought US and Aus clans in GLOBAL so it won't change much other than now we will prob have mid day battles on weekends with the EU guys too maybe.  Or maybe we will merge some clans to cover all three time zones?

21 minutes ago, admin said:

you will have all assets from global in the redeemables

Can we do it so we can reroll the chars to a new nation and change names for free and than redeem every thing?  I have some chars in nations I won't be playing on EU and some of the names I won't want to use, but other names I will want to keep simply cause I want to maybe do some solo pirate play for a while not attached to my main name and clan.  

9 minutes ago, admin said:

asian server (japan, china, korea, NZ, Aus) will only open (for testing) after localization is done. We are sure it will be a successful full server. But right now we can't support it. 

One server while in ALPHA testing is better all around.  Every game I been on does this and when they release they open up there regional servers and than tweek how many they need after the full numbers show. Though my only issue have ya'll thought about putting the server in a better location for the majority of the player base to get a decent ping.  Keep the same data just move the server location is all.

9 minutes ago, admin said:

clans are not transferred - only clan warehouses.

Going to be interesting as some clans have names on both servers.  BLACK is no both and unless we merge or do some alt name we can't have two BLACK on one server.  So would be nice to refund every thing in that manor.

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I agree with others that have commented on concern.

I recommend you keep a 22 hour window before the pb starts after they finish hostilities.

Yah not so sure I like the instant battle thing with no way to counter hostility missions.  It would be like the old flag problem of sitting around for two hours waiting to be attacked and not getting anything done.  It also needs to be a 4 hour window as that would cover many time zones.  US has 3-4 times zones, AUS does to, and EU has how many?  A bigger window will cover more players in a clan that isn't just one region area.

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You didnt do RVR and dont do RVR. Dont tell me if this merge is not going to be a major issue.

On release we had a national news full of shit and toxics threads and posts.

Night flips are a problem as soon as you have a 24/7 clan-community. Night flips were less an issue precisely thanks to alliances. Thanks to alliances the spanish ports flipped by US were possible to defend thanks to a mix of danish, french, swdish and spanish captains.

Again, you didnt learn anything. You didnt take the time to see how RVR worked back in that time.

Just go out, make some friends withhin ur nation which are based on another time zone ... or buy an alarm clock.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sveno said:

I am also opting to have the 22h delay for PBs.

Hoping that countries will no missuse the timers to make them non attackable.

I will tie a chain around chris if need be in order to keep proper order here ;).

We have time windows but I am sure we as players can come to agreements and not sling mud around. Maybe it didn't work in the past, but I know a lot of people want to make it work and will do what is good for the whole community to play nice.

• Like 4

The question I have is how are players who have a second character on the EU server going to be handled.

Like I have a Global character in Spain, he has vast majority of my stuff, and a character on EU who is just a troll pirate toon I made.  How will that merge be handled? 

Will I just get everything as a redeemable on my EU toon?

2 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

Just go out, make some friends withhin ur nation which are based on another time zone ... or buy an alarm clock.

I tell them that all the time, not to mention if you couldn't defend a port set in your clan prime time it wouldn't matter if there was timers or not your going to loose that port any way. What they don't like is that a mulit national CLAN/'s can take a port from them and than set it in another time zone they can't bring the same numbers and take it back.  Well than maybe they should stop pissing off US/SEA players and get some friends.

I for one will not be playing US or GB.  I'm sure there will be others that will be more than welcome to join a nation that isn't the big high pop nations.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amplify said:

i think you misread the whole you set your own defensive windows part of the post

And I'll bet you that the western alliance all set their timers to european night - knowing full well that they will rarely if ever have to defend and thx to the abundance of alts the US can cover both US and brit timers. The rest can defend in the daytime but since it will allways be a defensive battle the game will be decided from the start. No reason to play in my book.

And it has already been tested.

well i see no issue 

some people come on the servers twice a week for 5 hours  with a 3-day interval and in the meantime, the whole map changed

what the point of making such a fuss about it...

if you lose a port just take it back or leave it as it is ....

Edited by Thonys

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The question I have is how are players who have a second character on the EU server going to be handled.

Like I have a Global character in Spain, he has vast majority of my stuff, and a character on EU who is just a troll pirate toon I made.  How will that merge be handled? 

I'm hoping redeemable with the xp and such so you can reroll them.  I have done nothing with my EU chars other than Redeem some of there XP and some of the names I want to change or keep cause I liked them better than my GLOBAL names and well others I don't want to use either.   So hopefully redeemables so we can re-roll and name them as we want into what nations we want.

Sir Texas Sir on EU I think is in GB and I have no plans to keep him in that nation after this merger.  Only did that just to chat with folks when I pop in there since I used my Pirate over there since wipe.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

everything will be given on global to your EU character as redeemables.    AKA xp, ships and your 10 iron ore.

Just now, Intrepido said:

It dont work that way mate.

Being hostage of another communities is not my way to enjoy a game. My fun and the fun of many others will end as soon as this change gets added.

Im not going to take this game like a full time job.

Well in other sansbox games with RVR it works. So i dont think the game is wrong.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I will tie a chain around chris if need be in order to keep proper order here ;).

We have time windows but I am sure we as players can come to agreements and not sling mud around. Maybe it didn't work in the past, but I know a lot of people want to make it work and will do what is good for the whole community to play nice.

No game should have to rely on the benevolence of parts of the community and I for one refuses to be at the mercy of someone else. The timers have been tested and they failed. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I tell them that all the time, not to mention if you couldn't defend a port set in your clan prime time it wouldn't matter if there was timers or not your going to loose that port any way. What they don't like is that a mulit national CLAN/'s can take a port from them and than set it in another time zone they can't bring the same numbers and take it back.  Well than maybe they should stop pissing off US/SEA players and get some friends.

I for one will not be playing US or GB.  I'm sure there will be others that will be more than welcome to join a nation that isn't the big high pop nations.  

If I have to keep educating you in imagined communities I'm gonna have to take money for it.

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

It dont work that way mate.

Being hostage of another communities is not my way to enjoy a game. My fun and the fun of many others will end as soon as this change gets added.

Im not going to take this game like a full time job.

Than don't treat it as a full time job.  Your clan keeps to the ports it can hold and that is it.  Let the other folks fight it out.  You set those ports to times when your on and you defend it than.  End of story.  If you need others to fill slots on other days than get friends.  You can have up to 15 clans after all on your friends list.  Use them.  Hell we have just about all our slots full on GLOBAL with other pirates just to let small clans join and help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:
  • Defence timers will cost 100k per day, clans can choose to not setup the defence timers if they choose to do so.

Do you know?

According to today's data count of profitable ports will decreased about twice.

Another words only 14% of all ports will profitable.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

snip

... so i am a from [some Nation] and i have to play allways the [some Nation] Party in a computer game ... who is the idot ... 

edit: Us was only an example ... dinte want to offendmy friends in the US.

Maybe u should F11 it if u see someone from GB playing in Spain nation ... becouse he dosn't care about the real affiliations.

Just now, Wraith said:

Perhaps you should try becoming a bit less nationalistic... that never leads anywhere good. ;) Seriously though, timers + hostility for port battles and uncapturable safe zones is not the same as pulling a flag. It's a new mechanic and needs testing. Early access means suck it up time and play the game for the game not to color dots on a map.

Actually I didn't write the book. I just read it - and I can recommend it. Early access doesn't mean "suck it up multiple times while the developers make the same mistakes over and over again." It means "I bought the game because I love the idea but now the development takes a turn back to an unsustainable state and I'm quitting". Along with most EU players I'd wager - so have fun on another empty server.