Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

10 minutes ago, Capt William said:

So, we keep everything....& the population grows. Do it....do it now.

Lets see. Not sure there will be much more players. In global main time, there is about 50-100 EU server players online. So not a big change. And on oure main time, well I guess 50 on global.

but they save Monet for a server. Just hope it will go well and we dont loose to many players.

3 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

I vote that if some clans misuse the defence timers systematically and do not defend when they are attacked, they should lose the right to set defensive timers!

I vote if some clans use alts or "friendly" captains from other nations to hide inside a "battle" before a PB, they should not be allowed to create hostility anymore!

• Like 3

THANK YOU!!! 

I absolutely applaud this decision for the long term development of the game as a necessary step forward.

Based in NZ I can finally participate in Port Battles after owning the game for two years, thank you!!! 

Not only that this change opens up possibilities for many new interesting strategies over a fixed window for PB's. 

For those that don't like dramatic changes to their virtual world, it's ALPHA, expect more changes more wipes. Play the game with the mindset you are testing different features and mechanics not a final release.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Capt William said:

So...you worried bout getting ganked? With more people playing on the server? Cmon man.....its part of the game get gud.

No I am not affraid of ganking. Ganking os part of the game. For new players it may be a problem. For players that have be on for a bit of time, it is not a problem. Getting ships is easy. And I dont think it will get many more players.  A small yes, but not many. Ppl in other timezones will still be online in different time. It is not so that now there is 150 on global and 450 on Eu. Som on one servet there will be 600* at the same time-.

And on a side note. To use "oh, you are affraid of getting gang." It is that kind of argumenting that just kill all serious debat.

Edited by staun
*added text

Yep nightflips will be back. I know that we will be able to buy a defence timer for 100 k a day. But most nations bleed money all ready to keep there ports. So we can either live with the risk of nightflips ore grind money. I all most want to be in a nation with more uncaptuable ports. Then I didn't need to defend any ports. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The funny thing is the majority of the players actually don't care about RvR, they just want a larger pop to play with and that is why they tend to stick with one server that has the most pop.  You take away that option to pick servers than you bring every one to one server.  I still don't get why they can't just fight other EU clans. I mean the numbers show ya'll have a larger player base so most of the fights and ports owned will prob be owned by EU clans. 

Hell France is all ready making a post to recruit Global players, don't see any other nations doing that yet and I'll be flat out bluntly honest with you guys an @Christendom we won't be going US or GB when we switched and I don't think VCO will either.  So this would be a good time to start your recruiting up of clans from GLOBAL.    

dont join dutch, our clan need more content :)

4 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Devs - please remove safe zones and capitals from ALL nations - this will bring more fun alongside with this merge!

up to a certain rank i would agree, 350 crew rank or something :)

9 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

so.......when does this all happen? Sorry not going to trawl through 12 pages.

I've read all pages, don't think there's been an answer yet.  But it should be done immediately, since probably the few 100 global players will just stop playing now anyway, awaiting the merge.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 2

Well !!

Looks like I am coming home again.

On the surface sounds a good compromise for the Nightflip melarkie and means I can sail with some of my old mateys again.

I had just about given up since globals shutdown killed the Oceanic community and EU excluded us from RvR.

So this holds some hope. 

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 10