Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

As a guy who prefers PVE, but likes building ships for my clan, this sucks donkey balls.  

Please bring back combat/victory/pvp mark conversions.  

You developer folks have to understand that not everyone plays for the same reasons, and you're 'encouraging' PVP and port battles pushes guys like me away from your game.  

And yes, I used to PVP a lot.  I did not really enjoy it.  Too much stress.  I come here to relax and to help as a crafter and to do the occasional AI fight.  I let the other guys fight for ports and each other.  

5 minutes ago, Peiper said:

As a guy who prefers PVE, but likes building ships for my clan, this sucks donkey balls.  

Please bring back combat/victory/pvp mark conversions.  

You developer folks have to understand that not everyone plays for the same reasons, and you're 'encouraging' PVP and port battles pushes guys like me away from your game.  

And yes, I used to PVP a lot.  I did not really enjoy it.  Too much stress.  I come here to relax and to help as a crafter and to do the occasional AI fight.  I let the other guys fight for ports and each other.  

Inb4 you're told to go play on PvE server.

There are arguments that players want to be able to do both, chill with PvE when they're tired of the PvP scenes and vice versa. But I honestly doubt whether they(Devs) consider any of our posts.

Edited by PenguPirate

17 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

Sorry lots of changes back and forth same old shi T sorry really old now .where's new content added to the game more ships new ones even the old one that were removed .you asked for new ideas what we won't to see .I see nothing .WAIT. I did see a AT Essex keep up with me going in reverse ..now that's a major up date

I never understand why people keep asking for new ships in the game. There may be ships we would like to see in the game but they would be better adding more content and fixing issues in the game rather than adding new ships. Having 100 different ships to choose from is still pointless if people do not go out and fight in them. Get the game right and bring more people into it before looking to add new ships.

10 hours ago, John Sheppard said:

that reminds me of what the situation just after the full wipe half a year ago when the first nations to help eachother with Conquest marks (setting up port battles for eachother and not showing up) were far ahead of the rest.. i remember the spanish had 30 L'oceans at the time that brits had 2-3 Agamemnons .. there was nothing the brits could do to stop the spanish when they decided to attack except use the basic cutter fireships 

this will repat again after the wipe i suspect

This may be true, but what happened to change it? Why are Spain not still the dominant force on the server? How did others catch up and pass them in dominance? As long as others have a chance of getting VM's then I think things will even out in the long run.

There is a lot of mention on how the VM patch is killing the game for solo players, but how many solo players actually use a 1st rate for anything other than PvE grinding? If you go out solo in a first rate you are just asking to get ganked by a bunch of smaller ships that will stern camp you to death. Personally I have found that solo I only use a first rate for making money off AI fleets in the safe zone and would be very wary of sailing one solo anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

The ports that can not be taken should not count in the in the conquest competition

I'm pretty certain they do not. France has 46 ports and 36 points.

16 hours ago, rediii said:

Its just how it is.  Was the same outrage when you only got conquest marks from portbattles. Sweden just worked with it and was successfull. Its the same now to be honest.

Thickness has to be changed and BR of ships has to be changed so that BR of 3rds and 1st is ok and a fair display of battle value so the x 3rd rates are even with that 1 firstrate and you just need more players for it.

Also how many 1sts do you need nowadays for portbattles? They almost sont exist anymore except in large pbs and little pbs when its only 5 guys or so attacking

PB's maybe can be fixed, hostility generation and protection can't though. Someone with 1'sts has a big advantage. Try fighting full 1st rate fleet with full 2nd rates. 

Its also an important factor that 1sts are perceived by players as an advantage, they will loose spirit if enemy continues to sink them in 1st rates they don't have. 

Not to mention farming CM' s in 2nd rates takes much longer, without them you have less time to RvR.

In our PB's we use 1st rates every battle. It may be less of an issue when you have 40 people online on command, many of them trained. For us it's often a difference between RvR or no RvR. 

Sure, you can try to deal with all those issues and we will try. The reality though is that we don't stand a chance. Someone with 1sts can stomp us. I have no illusion that our adventure with RvR is ending now. 

You can gain an advantage thanks to VM's you will get with a new patch. The end result will be that noone will fight you after some time.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

Btw, a sideffect of this last patch is that yesterday on OW I met two guys who were farming their alts. I didn't see it before. Introducing crude rules always causes crude responses. I guess we can expect nations to start doing this methodically. I find this cheap. Since we won't do this, I guess our nation's impossible mode just got more impossible. 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

On 22/12/2017 at 10:24 PM, admin said:

Update was deployed today 22 Dec.

• Labor hours contracts can now be bought for combat marks
  • Victory marks can be bought for PvP marks to promote both RVR and PVP activites
  • Prices for ship notes for PvP marks updated and generally lowered.
  • Wasa and L' Hermione have been moved to PVP rewards and prices were updated
  • Ability to acquire wasa on a pve server will be added next week together with the removal of permits for majority of vessels on both servers.
    • permits will remain for first rates and second rates
  • Distribution of victory marks changed
    • victory marks will be given to top 3 positions on the conquest weekly leaderboard
      • 3 marks for first place
      • 2 marks for second place
      • 1 marks for third place
    • victory marks will only be given to the players who:
      • Have at least one lord protector status in at least one port by the end of the round - bringing his nation a control point or,
      • Participated in a successful port battle during the conquest round (even if the port was lost later on) - bringing his nation a battle point

Cool story, bro

@admin@Ink

Could you explain me why hostility mission can give different percentage on the same port?

• [23-12-2017 12:21 UTC] The hostility level of the clan MAD47 (United States) on the port West End (Great Britain) increased to 25.1%. The previous value was 0%
  • [22-12-2017 20:46 UTC] The hostility level of the clan MAD47 (United States) on the port West End (Great Britain) increased to 24.7%. The previous value was 0%
  • [22-12-2017 21:31 UTC] The hostility level of the clan PPP (Sverige) on the port La Tortuga (Verenigde Provinciën) increased to 26.7%. The previous value was 0%
  • [11-12-2017 14:26 UTC] The hostility level of the clan PPP (Sverige) on the port La Tortuga (Verenigde Provinciën) increased to 25.9%. The previous value was 0%
  • [22-12-2017 20:16 UTC] The hostility level of the clan WTF (Pirates) on the port Parrot Cay (Neutral) increased to 26.3%. The previous value was 0%
  • [21-12-2017 16:46 UTC] The hostility level of the clan WTF (Pirates) on the port Parrot Cay (Neutral) increased to 26.7%. The previous value was 0%

@admin I see from your notes of 22 Dec that permits will be retired for most vessels other than 1st and 2nd rates.

Will existing permits held by individuals and guilds convert to combat mark redeemmables at the current purchase prices?  

5 hours ago, vazco said:

Btw, a sideffect of this last patch is that yesterday on OW I met two guys who were farming their alts.

I don't understand how the patch enabled this any more than was already the case. Genuine question, could you please explain? (Hope you reported them BTW)

On 12/7/2017 at 2:29 AM, admin said:

Ability to acquire wasa on a pve server will be added next week together with the removal of permits for majority of vessels on both servers.

I hope we get this part as soon as possible. Limiting 1st rates is a debatable move, but I want to see how it plays out before giving feedback.

However, there is a lot of confusion about the smaller vessels. There are already newbs convinced that they will never get to sail a Rattlesnake Heavy. I want to reassure them but it is difficult when the permits still take Victory Marks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

I hope we get this part as soon as possible. Limiting 1st rates is a debatable move, but I want to see how it plays out before giving feedback.

However, there is a lot of confusion about the smaller vessels. There are already newbs convinced that they will never get to sail a Rattlesnake Heavy. I want to reassure them but it is difficult when the permits still take Victory Marks.

Victory marks can be bought for PvP marks.

5 hours ago, qw569 said:

@admin@Ink

Could you explain me why hostility mission can give different percentage on the same port?

• [23-12-2017 12:21 UTC] The hostility level of the clan MAD47 (United States) on the port West End (Great Britain) increased to 25.1%. The previous value was 0%
  • [22-12-2017 20:46 UTC] The hostility level of the clan MAD47 (United States) on the port West End (Great Britain) increased to 24.7%. The previous value was 0%
  • [22-12-2017 21:31 UTC] The hostility level of the clan PPP (Sverige) on the port La Tortuga (Verenigde Provinciën) increased to 26.7%. The previous value was 0%
  • [11-12-2017 14:26 UTC] The hostility level of the clan PPP (Sverige) on the port La Tortuga (Verenigde Provinciën) increased to 25.9%. The previous value was 0%
  • [22-12-2017 20:16 UTC] The hostility level of the clan WTF (Pirates) on the port Parrot Cay (Neutral) increased to 26.3%. The previous value was 0%
  • [21-12-2017 16:46 UTC] The hostility level of the clan WTF (Pirates) on the port Parrot Cay (Neutral) increased to 26.7%. The previous value was 0%

Maybe damage summary dealt in mission? idk

Marks farming will be now main issue for sure. 

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Victory marks can be bought for PvP marks.

so in one hand you got a nation that got them freely and in the other hands the others have to farm pvp as pigs to get teh same advtange? Go hellokitty yourself with this blue cat ty.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

so in one hand you got a nation that got them freely and in the other hands the others have to farm pvp as pigs to get teh same advtange? Go hellokitty yourself with this blue cat ty.

You can also get first rate notes from epic events.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

@adminI see string filter, I want to point out that Penistone and Scunthorpe are real life places.

2 minutes ago, Serk said:

You can also get first rate notes from epic events.

Wonderful. Epic events taking approx. 2 hours, giving you a chance for a 1st rate once every 3 times, mean that you have to farm for 18 hours per week to get to the level of VM's that the top nation will get. In this time, nations that get those VM's, will do RvR. You won't be able to organize your people, sine they will be farming for 1'st rates in various ways.

Not to mention that I can do epic events. On the other hand our untrained players, when they try to do them, they loose 1-2 1st rates of their own on their tries.

This game becomes completely unfriendly for new people.

• Like 4

ok so what's up with that endymion buff? Great close hauled / beam reach, decent downwind

vs a Surprise you can just literally run downwind for an hour and get in a broadside in to the surps weak rigging every now and then, when you're enough far away. Just happened to me, 1hour downwind chasing an endymion, eventually I ran out of rig repairs.

Where exactly is the balance? Surprise has a great sailing profile aswell (though not as fast as an endy), but it doesnt have its OP amarment / masts.

That's an hour of my life I regret wasting chasing an already superior ship :) 

Edited by Liq
  • Like 6

Limiting 1st rates is good, the way it is inplemented is just snowbally and feels unfair.

Bring back PvP event on friday saturday and sunday and give the top 10 a victory mark.

10 new 1st rates per week on the server. Thats it. They are rare, valuable and reachable for everyone, independent on the nation.

It also promotes OW PvP. (anti swerg mechanic: maximum BR limit per battle, maybe even different max. BR each day so we get some variety).

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, vazco said:

Btw, a sideffect of this last patch is that yesterday on OW I met two guys who were farming their alts. I didn't see it before. Introducing crude rules always causes crude responses. I guess we can expect nations to start doing this methodically. I find this cheap. Since we won't do this, I guess our nation's impossible mode just got more impossible. 

Take screenshots and report them on tribunal. Your post here does nothing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Liq said:

ok so what's up with that endymion buff? Great close hauled / beam reach, decent downwind

vs a Surprise you can just literally run downwind for an hour and get in a broadside in to the surps weak rigging every now and then, when you're enough far away. Just happened to me, 1hour downwind chasing an endymion, eventually I ran out of rig repairs.

Where exactly is the balance? Surprise has a great sailing profile aswell (though not as fast as an endy), but it doesnt have its OP amarment / masts.

That's an hour of my life I regret wasting chasing an already superior ship :) 

It appears the Endymion has 2 best points of sail. I'm not sure if it is something the developers intended or not. This reminds me a lot like the Pirate Refit LGV before it got nerfed. Either way, we have to live with it.

Right now its a good hunter/escapist, but in a brawl, other 5th rates can out-maneuver it. I guess that the silver lining here. 

5a3eedc49bfca_5thrateprofiles.thumb.png.bec3516eec7b8c9dd3dc087fb0435c49.png