Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

1 minute ago, Jesters-Ink said:

Need to reward all who fight, not just the side that wins, that way all will fight even for the pathetic amount they will be rewarded.

A game that rewards only the "strong" soon has no one for them to fight.

totally agree

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

First rate ships are rare special ships. 

Basically I agree on this. But how many times you already had this opinion and then changed it back and then forth again? 

Just now, Jœrnson said:

First rate ships are rare special ships. 

Basically I agree on this. But how many times you already had this opinion and then changed it back and then forth again? 

Increase cost of their permit in CM and this could work as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Christoph said:

The nation that has the most rvr victories in the week should get the victory mark. then even small nations have a chance to get a mark

This is better, just prone to abuses and would need to be precised and polished. Good way of thinking though.

• Like 2

Using Russians as a example is bad as they currently have a very experienced RVR fleet which attracts more RVR focused players because who wants to join a nation that has 2-5 experienced rvr captains and the rest of Fleet created from whoever turns up sometimes in wrong ships not on ts etc. Etc.basically spending in game time herding cats....

actually think Russia has admirals from RDNN, RUS ex Dane  rvr fleet.... ROYAL ex brit RVR Fleet..... VCO ex USA RVR Fleet. Leaving not a lot of RVR admirals left except those that refuse to leave there original nation. Like me...

Thank you @Christoph for a honest write up of how you needed Vic marks to rebuild. 

I believe the snowball effect will happen resulting in crying by the have nots, gloating by the haves & then 200 population as the cryers  leave and the Victor's get bored or rofl the map. 

10 minutes ago, Christoph said:

The nation that has the most rvr victories in the week should get the victory mark. then even small nations have a chance to get a mark

the problem with the ALTS is solved

I think then agreed port flips between friendly nations/clans would come back with empty pbs. 

19 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Victory marks are no reward. They are an essential component to play rvr. No victory marks no access to rvr. No access to rvr, no rvr. Is that so difficult to understand, admin? Or do you really think you can reward a player with victory marks for winning a PB he couldn't participate since he had no proper ship for?

We see it differently now. 

High end ships become an ultimate reward for one of the most complex activities in the game.

• National governments reward their captains and admirals for getting more ports to their nation.
  • To get Victory marks you must get your nation to top 3 position on the leaderboard. 
  • Alts will not be participating in this as we are changing the mechanics of how victory marks are received. You will get victory marks ONLY if you got your nation a control point or a battle point this round. Rolling alts to sweden won't achieve anything. 

Players will have to get out of the green zones and cap ports from other players creating pvp and rvr for everyone. Those who won't can still buy them or capture them.  

RVR is an important skill based component of the game and we are creating strong incentives to participate. You can forget the old situation that RVR was not important before. It is now. Everyone can get onto top 3 position, if that nation attacks right targets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

How to force every nation to ally to smash the best one. Thats a very healthy attitude we are seeing here. /s

It is actually a good thing to encourage the rest to take down the strongest, the interesting part is how they play it as to who takes over that spot. Everyone can gang up to knock the top nation down, but they have to also watch each other to see who is getting ahead in the race, so cracks start forming in the alliance.

7 minutes ago, admin said:

High end ships become an ultimate reward for one of the most complex activities in the game.

• National governments reward their captains and admirals for getting more ports to their nation.
  • To get Victory marks you must get your nation to top 3 position on the leaderboard. 
  • Alts will not be participating in this as we are changing the mechanics of how victory marks are received. You will get victory marks ONLY if you got your nation a control point or a battle point this round. Rolling alts to sweden won't achieve anything. 

Players will have to get out of the green zones and cap ports from other players creating pvp and rvr for everyone. Those who won't can still buy them or capture them.  

RVR is an important skill based component of the game and we are creating strong incentives to participate. You can forget the old situation that RVR was not important before. It is now. Everyone can get onto top 3 position, if that nation attacks right targets.

You are clueless and ignoring your players. I'm done. The nations with victory marks will continually roll the ones who don't have them. I'm tired of playing a game that is so completely broken and developers keep bringing back bad systems that were discarded.

Edited by Valentine Karrde
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

It is actually a good thing to encourage the rest to take down the strongest, the interesting part is how they play it as to who takes over that spot. Everyone can gang up to knock the top nation down, but they have to also watch each other to see who is getting ahead in the race, so cracks start forming in the alliance.

A 'diplomatic gank' thing is a good thing? I doubt you understand the consequences.

@admin

I think you should re-examine which ships require victory marks. 

If you want to limit first rates, then I think you should remove the victory mark requirement from ships that are heavily used in smaller battles (example - Heavy Rattlesnake and Niagara). 

A fleet of Mercurys are heavily outclassed against a fleet made up of H. Rattlesnake and Niagara.

8 minutes ago, admin said:

We had that before, it was called 'Conquest Marks'. Didn't work out. So what exactly is the difference? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

A 'diplomatic gank' thing is a good thing? I doubt you understand the consequences.

I understand that it is good for the game to not allow one nation stay too long at the top. It gets boring when the same nation is always top and even they get bored as no one challenges them. From what I heard about the EU server Sweden was in that sort of position, well now it is in everyones interest that this is not allowed to go on for too long and once one nation is knocked off top position people can turn to the next one.

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

I understand that it is good for the game to not allow one nation stay too long at the top. It gets boring when the same nation is always top and even they get bored as no one challenges them. From what I heard about the EU server Sweden was in that sort of position, well now it is in everyones interest that this is not allowed to go on for too long and once one nation is knocked off top position people can turn to the next one.

Limiting ships that are actually required to knock the folks off the top to only the folks at the top encourages them to remain at the top and prevents those at the bottom from having a chance to get there. 

14 minutes ago, admin said:

You have to give the rest of the nations a chance. Maybe a very small amount of VM could be awarded randomly to one of the rest of the nations that aren't on the top three.

Just now, Archaos said:

The problem you will expierience is that all nations have an interest in capping ports of the first ranked one. They gonna put portbattles at the same time, no nation has capacities right now to defend all of them at once. First ranked nation will get slowly one ported, players of that nation leave the game. Nation dead. Next target is the new first ranked nation, same procedure. You wont receive an homeostatic status because its easier to cap ports of a dead nation than to fight other nations 1 vs 1. Its always easier to gank, you should know that, you play naval action.

1 minute ago, Valentine Karrde said:

Limiting ships that are actually required to knock the folks off the top to only the folks at the top encourages them to remain at the top and prevents those at the bottom from having a chance to get there. 

But at present many of the capturable ports do not require first rates, so even without VM's you can still challenge the top nation, and they are also talking about the top 3 nations receiving VM's.

Hey guys get away from alliance thinking. No alliance more targets.

But what I feal is a bad thing that from my point of few the us nation can hardly or say it better can not get 25 people together at eu timezone so we get a nightshift for eu players in us nation. So i woud say eu players can no longer participate in RvR. I dont know other small nations if they got the same problems but i think nearly the same. 

R.i.p RvR 

Have fun with it.