Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle System is Pathetic

RvR was, is and always will be a broken system that only serves as a timesink for the devs with no good outcome anyone likes. Whether it's population, scheduling or exclusion it offers nothing but complications and unsolvable issues.

Remove it and turn the game into something that promotes and rewards individual effort in a multiplayer environment.

You can do so and still have reasons for cooperation.

But with a focus on purely cooperation you exclude the individual while the games population is made up of individuals. Groups are a subset of them.

Edited by Sea Nettle
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sea Nettle said:

RvR was, is and always will be a broken system that only serves as a timesink for the devs with no good outcome anyone likes. Whether it's population, scheduling or exclusion it offers nothing but complications and unsolvable issues.

Remove it and turn the game into something that promotes and rewards individual effort in a multiplayer environment.

You can do so and still have reasons for cooperation.

But with a focus on purely cooperation you exclude the individual while the games population is made up of individuals. Groups are a subset of them.

+1

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, rediii said:

So many words that dont mean a thing.

I suggest you to erite words into a suggestion thread that suggest a system instead of the current conquestsystem

The words convey what needs to be conveyed without being a direct suggestion. Quite frankly i'm burned out with suggestion threads as I see so few ever looked at much less implemented across innumerable games.

Devs have an agenda and more often than not ego keeps them insular and excluding outside ideas from being considered. That isn't an accusation for Naval Action devs just in the general sense of the gaming industry.

Going back and forth with posters in forums where people are just as likely to disagree to be disagreeable as they are to have a quality discussion isn't high on my priority list.

I can spend hours upon hours of time and energy swaying people to my side and am likely to not even get an acknowledgment. I post casually if the urge strikes me and leave it at that.

Edited by Sea Nettle

On 3.12.2017 at 5:31 AM, BadBenny said:

The Port battle current system needs to be changed to that anyone in nation can join the PB. This clan base system and totaly ruined the OW game IMO and the turn away from a nation based was a mistake.

My reason for this is, for example today at a PB players new to the nation and totaly new players could not enter the PB as they did not know they had to be in a clan to get into PB. You might say why did the older player not invite into clan etc etc. Well some ppl join a game and say nothing, ask nothing, stumble around in the dark, by their own choice. As a result a guy who has had the game 2 days has quit the game until release.  He could not understand the reason for the clan base PB and I don't blame him.

It was unlikely these new players would have made a difference to the result. But sure as shit I would have sunk more ships if it had gone the 1.5 hrs lol But we will not be playing PB's until its changed or fixed. So mega Alliance free Swede ports, have fun fighting ummmm well no one I guess lolol  

Anyway my 2 cents worth 

As Pirate Nation player - we do always have a clan in pb who can take in a rookie for pb.

Otherwise, what have u won, if u get a player not skilled, in the wrong ship ... 

Get rid of nations totaly - just for the flag and all is fine.

Edited by CTC_ClanLeader

On 12/3/2017 at 6:22 AM, Hethwill said:

A clan of half a dozen buddies can participate.

A clan of 1 can participate. ( 1 mission, 100k, make clan )

Just need the clan tag and be on the clan friends.

Simple. Effective.

Friendly clans list has  a fixed length.. happened to me Sat morning. New player chasing around port battles for couple of hours and couldn't get I in even though there was room and I was in battle group

Edited by Absolon