Game-Labs Forum

Another Great New Player Game Review.

George Washington

11 hours ago, Aster said:

I hope the tutorial is decent. Also perhaps set a small area of the world as a new player zone. Like the old rookie zone maybe south of panama in the pacific. Put a few starting towns down there, close if off so they can sail around and do some missions unmolested while the learn the basics. 

I always though since we have starting capital areas with pretty much every thing a new player needs to craft repairs a great way to do the tutorials is with missions.  The missions send you out to say do your first kill against a cutter (first mission).  This to get you some xp and gold.  Than it sends you after a Trade ship (maybe even teach you how to capture it) so you can learn about trade ships.  Another missions has you set up a building in your capital for a resource.  I'll use pirates as an example:  You can do Fir and Oak at Mort.  It gives you option to make Hull or Rig repairs.  You pick and you set up your Oak (for Hull) and Fir for rig repairs.  Than it has you go to Islet to set up Hemp farm.   This will give you ever thing you need to make rig repair.  Or it will send you to go to Ocean Bright for coal and than Little Inagua for Iron.  That is now two to three out post you have set up and started you on prodcution.  Your capital should always be a free out post and they should keep the first one free too, but the third you might have to do some missions and grind to get. Than once 24 hours of time is up it has a mission to tell you how to harvest your goods and more steps about how to craft either repair.   They can be pretty simple missions that just tell you to go do this or that.  Each one teaching them some of the basic.

Ship combat can be the same with that first two combat.  POTBS and WOT's has a mission that sends you out to do just that fight your first ship/tank and it has nothing to do with any of the other battles. You go do a fight with one AI and the game walks you through the commands.  This could be an option before some one even hits OW that all players have to go through a mine mission that shows them the basics.

17 hours ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

As I recall he didn't know you could craft the Pirate Frigate, so I'm not sure he has closely tracked the state of the game over the last year. Perhaps a grain of salt is appropriate here.

Washington was never a Pirate to start with. So, if he is not a Pirate how could he possibly get information on how to obtain a Pirate Frigate? With developers providing limited notes and do secret patches and additions it's impossible if you ask me. I honestly don't have time cracking game files and extracting data, so asimple question saved me all that work. ;)

084.png

Edited by George Washington