Game-Labs Forum

Some (more in depth) questions...

Yogol

Hi!

Here are some in depth questions that I have about this great game!

1/ When I assign Lieutenant-Generals as Corps commanders, I can see in the "details" of the battle screen that some of them have 500 men with them and some only 64.

Does this has any effect on the game at all?  (other than the Lieutenant-General dying less fast when they are fired upon, I guess)

2/ What exactly is the effect of the command-ring in the field around a corps commander?

I do not see any effect on a unit's statistics such as morale, efficiency, firearms...  nor do I see a difference in how fast they run with a corps commander that has speed nor a difference in supply with a commander that has the supply trait.

I do have the impressions that they rout faster when a commander is near, but that might be just a feeling (it's pretty hard to test).

3/ Does the supply-trait of a corps commander actually works?

I know that the supply trait of artillery does not work, but did anyone test the supply-trait of a corps commander?

4/ When I assign a higher-level general to a corps, the command rating of all units goes up. What effect has this in the field? OR in a more general form... what is the relation between Command, Efficiency and Firearms/Melee for DPS of a unit (accuracy, amount of damage or reload speed)?

Unit A: Command 50, Efficiency 50, Firearms 50.

Unit B: Command 70, Efficiency 50, Firearms 50 => does this 20 extra command has any effect at all, compared to A?

Unit C: Command 50, Efficiency 70, Firearms 50. => does this 20 extra efficiency has any effect at all, compared to A?

Unit D: Command 50, Efficiency 50, Firearms 70. => does this 20 extra firearms has any effect at all, compared to A?

• Like 1

1. Survivability.  How much he can get shot at before he gets removed from the battlefield (but not killed, corps commanders can't get killed).

2. Units within the ring get Morale back at a higher rate.  Meaning they can stay on the front longer than a unit not within the command aura of a Corps Commander.

3. Probably not.

4. Corps Commanders have no impact on the Command stat of any brigade whatsoever.  Only Division and Brigade commanders have that effect.  In any case, Efficiency is capped by Command, so if Command is lower than Efficiency, the Efficiency stat will be dragged down and the unit will perform poorer than it would otherwise.  Higher has no effect.  Command only caps Efficiency and no other stat.

7 hours ago, Yogol said:

2/ What exactly is the effect of the command-ring in the field around a corps commander?

I do not see any effect on a unit's statistics such as morale, efficiency, firearms...  nor do I see a difference in how fast they run with a corps commander that has speed nor a difference in supply with a commander that has the supply trait.

I do have the impressions that they rout faster when a commander is near, but that might be just a feeling (it's pretty hard to test).

Corps Commanders regenerate lost Morale at a much higher rate than normal within their aura radius (there should be an up arrow on the units within their radius when you look at their current morale). Additionally, 3 Star Generals have a trait bonus within their radius.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the answers.

And please stay positive. No use getting all worked up.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, The Soldier said:

4. Corps Commanders have no impact on the Command stat of any brigade whatsoever.  Only Division and Brigade commanders have that effect.  In any case, Efficiency is capped by Command, so if Command is lower than Efficiency, the Efficiency stat will be dragged down and the unit will perform poorer than it would otherwise.  Higher has no effect.  Command only caps Efficiency and no other stat.

So, in my example Unit C would do the same damage than unit A.

And units C & D will do more than unit A. Good to know.

On 11/30/2017 at 3:48 AM, Yogol said:

I know that the supply trait of artillery does not work, but did anyone test the supply-trait of a corps commander?

Is this true could someone point out the verification? If so I have been wasting my first perk for all my Arty units!

Thanks, 

Joe

Edited by BuckeyeJoe
Grammar
  • Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:43 AM, BuckeyeJoe said:

Is this true could someone point out the verification? If so I have been wasting my first perk for all my Arty units!

Thanks, 

Joe

I just tested this myself last week, with 2 units of 24 6pdr fields.

They were placed next to each other and both had a colonel as boss.

One had the Logistics trait and one did not.

But... they both ran out of supply at the same time.

And yes, it means all the ammo-traits are useless. So I re-traited all my artillery and gave them a better trait, using the use-up-all-men-by-creating-cheap-units-and-then-disband-all-two-star-units-and-remake-them technique.

(I did not tested the ammo trait for corps commanders, that's a lot harder to set up).

• Like 2