Game-Labs Forum

Bring back multiple durability

41 minutes ago, z4ys said:

And you still expect them to keep fighting?

I didn't go after them when they withdrew. I could have easily re tagged. I'm not going to lose a fight if I don't have to. I fight with the same ability vs anyone. They had enough so I let them go. Hopefully they learned something from the encounter and had as much fun as I did.

Edited by Malachy

22 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Good PVPers dont end up in a situation where they have to defensive tag a bunch of noobs.

I was there for a fight but I'm not an idiot. We've already established you aren't hardcore at all lol. When you have a bunch of ship coming at you, you defensive tag to keep them from all coming at you at once. I shouldn't have to teach pvp 101 here. My and my partners skill level vs their firepower and numbers. It was a fair fight in my book. Doesn't change the fact they weren't willing to commit to a fight they could have won if they played it a little more aggressively. Maybe they didn't want to lose mods... dunno.

Edited by Malachy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Malachy said:

Defensive tag. Mine got there first. Good pvpers don't let the enemy set the battle lol. It's the first time brits have been aggressive in ages, I don't want to discourage that.

I was not implying your situation :) Was specifying the rule.

From what I hear from Vernon it was a great battle lasting one hour :) 

I guess it is a good age of sail experience package, the hunt, the approach, the battle.

Two hours well spent worth a book chapter.

o7

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I was not implying your situation :) Was specifying the rule.

From what I hear from Vernon it was a great battle lasting one hour :) 

I guess it is a good age of sail experience package, the hunt, the approach, the battle.

Two hours well spent worth a book chapter.

o7

Yeah it was fun, I enjoyed it and hope they did. Vernon was great to work with

13 minutes ago, rediii said:

Gametime has nothing to say if someone is good or bad

I have a yt channel where you see most of my battles that are worth uploading. Difference between me and you is that I dont do that much small fleet pvp, even if I would like to it takes too much time and I'm expected to organize stuff as soon as something happens. You get online, maybe play with your mates but people dont ask you all the time whats going on where, when happens something or if you could help at port x from nation y or if sweden will destroy prussia etc. I dont complain but thats how it is

I will do small OW pvp again once its not that timeeating anymore. :)

Just saying that you ofc dont die in your fir bermuda connie not made to fight anything even in a better wood. Its like when I sailed my wasa from gustavia to basse terre and shrouded recluse was there in his fir fir conni qnd didnt want a fight because of it

I sank (no boarding) a teak wo wasa with Cartagena with a fir teak Connie three nights ago. I know the build because he complained after that he lost a Cartagena he paid 2 mil for. I beg to differ on whether Fir connies are made to fight. 5 nights ago I fought a bellona with that same Connie but ran out of time he was at 30 percent structure when the timer ran out.

But that explains why we never run into each other. I used to do the same things as you when I led DPL as a Brit. Aloha has been very relaxing 😎 

Edited by Malachy

55 minutes ago, Malachy said:

I was there for a fight but I'm not an idiot. We've already established you aren't hardcore at all lol. When you have a bunch of ship coming at you, you defensive tag to keep them from all coming at you at once. I shouldn't have to teach pvp 101 here. My and my partners skill level vs their firepower and numbers. It was a fair fight in my book. Doesn't change the fact they weren't willing to commit to a fight they could have won if they played it a little more aggressively. Maybe they didn't want to lose mods... dunno.

I am not the same kind of PVP'er you are.   I am selective in my fights.   I also sail ships that can easily avoid those situations. 

I have seen Vernon when I am on the EU server.  But never when I am out sailing but on the EU server I sail a Prince that someone made and sold on the market, that or my store bought Snow.  

But I havent logged into the game in over a week now.  To busy playing other games where I can PVP with less effort.

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

I am not the same kind of PVP'er you are.   I am selective in my fights.   I also sail ships that can easily avoid those situations. 

I have seen Vernon when I am on the EU server.  But never when I am out sailing but on the EU server I sail a Prince that someone made and sold on the market, that or my store bought Snow.  

But I havent logged into the game in over a week now.  To busy playing other games where I can PVP with less effort.

And that's the crux of this whole post... game mechanics make it difficult to pvp due to pointless time sinks... fyi the Connie I was in could easily have avoided that fight. it does 15.3 in battle with repairs. I wanted the fight, so allowed the engagement. I'll usually fight any fight that's available. I only withdraw after exhausting all options at winning a fight, or if the numbers are too great... more than 3 to one odds etc.

Edited by Malachy

I agree that game mechanics make it difficult to get a fight in a reasonable amount of time.  But that is a population issue.

And you were the aggressor, even though they thought they were attacking you, you let them come to you... like a spider to a fly.  

On 11/27/2017 at 11:20 AM, Hethwill said:

Modules are the devil, not duras. Make everything at max 1%(and similar) inside the crafting options ( a lot of options). No drops. Everything open.

Build any ship at your heart desire.

Please dear god yes. Get rid of modules and upgrades of all types. Make wood be the only variation and that's it. Level playing field and it is skill + crafter that makes the difference. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I am happy with no durabilities and cheaper ships. 

They aren't any cheaper, people actually charge more per durability on the bigger ones especially. You don't buy ships off the market anyhow lol. When is the last time you used the ships tab to buy a ship? Or any of us? I haven't bought a ship on the ship tab in well over a year. I do look at the prices tho.

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I buy ships from the shop frequently, the Victory I bought was from Mortimer Town for sale, 3.5m about 2 weeks ago. Trincomalee I bought and currently use now was for sale in MT, about 500k with all speed mods and perfect woods. 

When we speak about cheaper ships, we don't think about player driven prices but about crafting prices. Value & weight of materials, both were drastically reduced. Permits cost much fewer combat marks, crafting levels for several ships reduced, some blueprints that you were forced to buy and learn are now free. Crafting ships is much cheaper now than it used to be in past. High player prices are because of the low player base. 

You should have had me build it for you... I can build one for a mil or less lol.

i honestly don't believe it's any cheaper now per durability than it was before. I've crafted under both systems, they increased the prices of some resources to compensate for making others cheaper. And when they reduced requirements they didn't divide by the number of former durability, they basically just halved the component requirements. So as best as I can make out, it seems like it costs more per durability now than it did before.

And deploying ships forward takes much longer cause you gotta deploy each durability. Every minute you spend doing that is a minute you are not having fun pvping.

59 minutes ago, Malachy said:

They aren't any cheaper, people actually charge more per durability on the bigger ones especially. You don't buy ships off the market anyhow lol. When is the last time you used the ships tab to buy a ship? Or any of us? I haven't bought a ship on the ship tab in well over a year. I do look at the prices tho.

I do all the time on the EU server.  I actually only have one crafted ship and that was bought off the market too.   My old primary hunting ship was a crew space-cedar snow. 

On 11/27/2017 at 10:20 AM, Hethwill said:

Modules are the devil, not duras. Make everything at max 1%(and similar) inside the crafting options ( a lot of options). No drops. Everything open.

Even better go back to having it so we can craft most mods and just make the Ship knowledge the main stat changer.  I mean what mods do we have that can be crafted.

Copper Plating

Any accuracy mod.

Any Pen mod that can be called cannon upgrades

Etc etc

Even better do like they mention in the post last year about the ship crafting where we would be selecting this stuff upon crafting the ship.  You get the Wood type Frame and Planking and than three other options to add to the ship if you know the BP's for adding copper plating or certain refits.  They become perm part of the ship until it's sunk.  So each ship is a special build.  

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.11.2017 at 5:20 PM, Hethwill said:

You are one of the good guys. Know that I know. ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cortez said:

I would remove all slots for permanent and non permanent upgrades. No upgrades, no perks.

Instead of those, a Captain(in this case a player), would "learn" through PVP and portbattles,  trading/crafting and "earn" particular skills.

They did this kind of for general slots... cept it's even more of a grind sink than ever. I honestly think that all three permant slots need to go and just keep knowledge. Actually, I wouldn't be sad to see all upgrades and knowledge go away and just have ships be whatever they are crafted as. We won't ever see that tho, because grind is content to these developers.

• Like 1

Its not that hard, really. If you like a server with lots of action in it with battles and many online, you need easier ways to respawn after a loss. Grinding for a week or two to build a ship is not the way to go. Nor is it fun to grind laser-PvE ships. Hence multi duras and an easy to get economy.

If you do NOT like a naval ACTION game, then you should make it hard to get a ship once it is lost. You should also make the economy tough and grindy and building a ship should take weeks on end just to gather the resources and letting the player spending hours and hours of sailing around in a trading ship from port to port. If a gamer have like 12 hours a week of gaming time - let the 11,5 be grind and put him in a battle in the last 30 minutes where he is ganked and cant have any reinforcements or help from his mates. In that way it is certain that he will give up and play something else...

Ehm... yes....?

Edited by fox2run

On 11/27/2017 at 5:28 PM, z4ys said:

so either turn mods to books (what was by the way the intention of the introduction of books) or get rid of them.

some mods need to be scrapped.

like the 6% open world max speed on for example.

the impact is just too much.