Game-Labs Forum

Bring back multiple durability

1 minute ago, Demsity said:

For the crying out loud!

You do not need the best upgrades or all 5 slots unlocked to do PVP!

Just grab, craft or buy a ship, slap some cannons on it and off you go. Sure you might be at a disadvantage but that´s an incentive to fight even harder to win.

And the rule I always follow: Don´t sail what you cannot afford to loose.

And if you have to sail a ship that you cannot afford to loose, make sure that you sail in a group.

People seem to forget that this is a MMO game. Being on the top takes a long ass time and some serious dedication.

Yes, all true, you won't see me anymore using expensive mods, I just sail crapships (mostly anyway). But still, some upgrades are so powerfull that they do have a significant impact on gameplay and balance and thus are more or less must haves. By making thm very rare, you cretae even more of an illusion that they are necessairy (why would they be rare otherwise?)

7 minutes ago, Malachy said:

I guarantee you do need upgrades. There are two types of upgrades in this game, the best and those not worth using. If I come accross a good pvper of equal skill and he has no upgrades, and I am in a perfectly kitted out ship, I'm going to win because my ship is optimized for peak performance. No, you can fight without upgrades in this game. You also don't have much of a chance without them. Either the guy with upgrades is going to walk away at will, or you will be too weak in comparison and not do enough damage to win the fight. 

If you want to be the best PVPer the Caribbean has ever seen, then sure you need upgrades.

I very PVP very often in "non-PVP" equipped ships. Sometimes I win, sometimes I loose, and thats the case even for PVP equipped ships (upgrades).

I guarantee you that if you have some skills, upgrades are helpful but not a necessity!

5 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Yes, all true, you won't see me anymore using expensive mods, I just sail crapships (mostly anyway). But still, some upgrades are so powerfull that they do have a significant impact on gameplay and balance and thus are more or less must haves. By making thm very rare, you cretae even more of an illusion that they are necessairy (why would they be rare otherwise?)

But this is always the case in MMO´s. Players with a lot of time and dedication is bound to have these "rare" items that are more powerful. But remember that they run the exact same risk that you do, risk of loosing their ship

Edited by Demsity
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demsity said:

If you want to be the best PVPer the Caribbean has ever seen, then sure you need upgrades.

I very PVP very often in "non-PVP" equipped ships. Sometimes I win, sometimes I loose, and thats the case even for PVP equipped ships (upgrades).

I guarantee you that if you have some skills, upgrades are helpful but not a necessity!

But this is always the case in MMO´s. Players with a lot of time and dedication is bound to have these "rare" items that are more powerful. But remember that they run the exact same risk that you do, risk of loosing their ship

Except with these mods they aren't taking much of a risk vs your unmodded ship. I fight 2 to 5 on 1 regularly. I'll shoot in, kill one that gets split off and walk away before they can overwhelm me. I've got a ship with 221 battles on it. Others with over 100. 

Edited by Malachy

1 minute ago, Malachy said:

Except with these mods they aren't taking much of a risk vs your unmodded ship. I fight 2 to 5 on 1 regularly. I'll shoot in, kill one that gets split off and walk away before they can overwhelm me. I've got a ship with 221 battles on it. Others with over 100. 

So you fight 2 -5 players alone? And then complain that ships are expensive to replace?

If thats the case, it has nothing to do with upgrades. I assure you.

Sure, I never win a battle in ow, because i sail alone most of the time, and meet bigger or multiple ships and I suck probably ... then you hit a few times, they repair while the other one takes over, those are not real battles, it's just butchering. I don't really mind, it's my own fault for sailing solo.

I could survive and maybe get away before the unlimited repairbs was introduced. Now, it doesn't matter if they make a mistake, they are not punished by it. If I make a mistake, I pay double now.

2 minutes ago, Demsity said:

So you fight 2 -5 players alone? And then complain that ships are expensive to replace?

If thats the case, it has nothing to do with upgrades. I assure you.

I have never said ships are expensive to replace. If you actually read before spouting off this thread has nothing to do with cost. This thread is all about the needless time wasting that occurs when one loses a ship. I recently lost a bellona. It took me 20 minutes to craft another and get it ready to sail and another 2 hours to get it to the combat area. This is the problem with single durability. 

Just now, rediii said:

I never saw you in recent months

If your ship has seen so many battles (you count this?) them you just fight noobs tbh

This was just last night. I've got 100 more where that comes from. I never see you either, so we are not alone in that. I'm assuming it's mainly because of the regions we fight in. I don't go to swede country much because I've never gotten a fight when I cruise through there. Usually get a fight from the french or brits if I force it on them lol. 

IMG_0263.JPG

1 minute ago, Malachy said:

I have never said ships are expensive to replace. If you actually read before spouting off this thread has nothing to do with cost. This thread is all about the needless time wasting that occurs when one loses a ship. I recently lost a bellona. It took me 20 minutes to craft another and get it ready to sail and another 2 hours to get it to the combat area. This is the problem with single durability. 

"Ships are expensive to replace" includes the ship, the upgrades that you claim to be essential and the time to make them.

So you are complain that 20 minutes (!) Is a long time to replace a third rate ship??
And in case you missed it, the devs so kindly implemented a ship teleportation system so that sailing times have been reduced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demsity said:

"Ships are expensive to replace" includes the ship, the upgrades that you claim to be essential and the time to make them.

So you are complain that 20 minutes (!) Is a long time to replace a third rate ship??
And in case you missed it, the devs so kindly implemented a ship teleportation system so that sailing times have been reduced.

2 and a half hours. God learn to read. Teleporting doesn't allow you to send repairs... you lose those too when you sink, so you need to sail the new ship to its hole port. And what if you lose two ships, 3? More? 

Edited by Malachy

13 minutes ago, Malachy said:

I can f*cking read.

And the transportation time has been fixed with the ship TOW. That sailing time you are complaining about is not a game problem, its a you problem

Edited by Demsity

8 minutes ago, Demsity said:

I can f*cking read.

And the transportation time has been fixed with the ship TOW. That sailing time you are complaining about is not a game problem, its a you problem

1 tow? So I should be limited to replacing 1 ship every 24 hours? And sending it without repairs too... god you Funny as hell. When I had multiple durability, I had to do that trip only once per two to 5 ship losses, not every f*cking one so some idiot could stroke his crafting epeen. Sailing on the ow is not fun or engaging if you aren't in a battle area. It's a needless chore that's exacerbated by the 1 durability system. Give me tows that allow repairs to Be transported and 1 per hour or something like that and I'll shut up about 1 durability. Until then, I'm going to continue to campaign for multiple durability to return.

Edited by Malachy

18 minutes ago, Malachy said:

This was just last night. I've got 100 more where that comes from. I never see you either, so we are not alone in that. I'm assuming it's mainly because of the regions we fight in. I don't go to swede country much because I've never gotten a fight when I cruise through there. Usually get a fight from the french or brits if I force it on them lol. 

IMG_0263.JPG

23 masts and 3 of them escape...?  wtf?

Besides - if you never lose a ship, with 200 kills on it or something like that... why does it matter how many tows you get...?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rediii said:

Sorry but thats 2 noobs rankwise and a noob rear admiral, everyone on frigates that have no place in current NA with current sailmechanics of 4th rates.

Outgunned

Out/Without experience

Broken by mechanic

And you only killed 1

Your hullhp sailhp and crew would have been interesting aswell but that screenshot... well :D 

I was full health and crew  and used sail repair. Fantasy has more time in game than you or me so he's no noob. The other guy is part of the brits elite pvp clan. And they attacked me :) they left after I dismasted the surprise and started killing fleet ships to get at them.  My Connie was fir Bermuda, had they closed without the fleet ships it would have been a tougher fight for me. The point of the post is just to show I'm out there. Where are yours? I screenshot everything lol

Edited by Malachy

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Correct. First name on the left hand list is the tagger.

Defensive tag. Mine got there first. Good pvpers don't let the enemy set the battle lol. It's the first time brits have been aggressive in ages, I don't want to discourage that.

Edited by Malachy

24 minutes ago, Cabral said:

Sorry, but the left side or up side is always the tagger.

They came for me, I just made sure the battle was fought on my terms. :) I know you know what a defensive tag is ;)

Edited by Malachy

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Everyone who doesnt likr the eco has his place in NAL.

And I'm very thankful for it. There are some people like Malachy and Tommy Shelby that really enjoy the hunting aspect. I will miss the hunting aspect of OW too, but some "can't live without it". They desperately want OW to be a PvP place. I feel for them.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

And with weird hybrid I mean ghat it fits noones playstyle atm.

- crafters leave the game because noone needs them anymore

- traders leave the game becajse money isnt worth shit anyway

- pve players leave the game because content is limited

- pvp players leave the game because there is no pvp in reasonable time

- conquest interested players leave the game because conquest doesnt matter anyway and you only get punished for it

Here's what I think, based on my experience from Sea Trials up to now and extensive forum reading. I need to throw in experience from a select few other games and stats from EVE servers. Ok...

These guys:

- crafters leave the game because noone needs them anymore

- traders leave the game becajse money isnt worth shit anyway

- pve players leave the game because content is limited

Will never be happy, there will always be issues. Either they can or can't hide in secure areas, the economy doesn't work, they lose their stuff, they exhaust the PVE content, it's too easy, it's too hard, inflation, stagnation... There is a metric ton of posts in this forum about their woes.

These two:

- pvp players

- conquest interested players

are really easy to please in principle. Many games do this; Large and open map, pvp hunting and landgrab. One online game that I know of has done this for the last 18 years! (beating EVE in longevity, mind you)

I understand you want it all to work, rediii, that's fair and I feel no need nor have any reason to bash you for it. But it won't happen. Surely, you don't imagine NA could make it all work better than EVE? So you're stuck with an abysmal PvE/PvP ratio that will never please any pure-pvp players as your best possible scenario.

Maybe it's best to throw out the pure-pvp'ers as hopeless cases from the eco-OW and try the moon landing of pleasing the other groups?

I thank the pig cloud for Legends. 

42 minutes ago, Malachy said:

I was full health and crew  and used sail repair. Fantasy has more time in game than you or me so he's no noob. .....

32 minutes ago, Malachy said:

... I took down all three of the surprises masts in 3 shots ...

31 minutes ago, Malachy said:

... Good pvpers don't let the enemy set the battle ...

15 minutes ago, Malachy said:

... fought on my terms....

And you still expect them to keep fighting?

Edited by z4ys

56 minutes ago, Malachy said:

1 tow? So I should be limited to replacing 1 ship every 24 hours? And sending it without repairs too... god you Funny as hell. When I had multiple durability, I had to do that trip only once per two to 5 ship losses, not every f*cking one so some idiot could stroke his crafting epeen. Sailing on the ow is not fun or engaging if you aren't in a battle area. It's a needless chore that's exacerbated by the 1 durability system. Give me tows that allow repairs to Be transported and 1 per hour or something like that and I'll shut up about 1 durability. Until then, I'm going to continue to campaign for multiple durability to return.

It sounds to me like this game is not for you.

I think what you are looking for is Legends tbh.

There you have no OW sailing, infinite durability and instant action.

3 minutes ago, Demsity said:

It sounds to me like this game is not for you.

I think what you are looking for is Legends tbh.

There you have no OW sailing, infinite durability and instant action.

I like ow in battle zones. But the experience is not even remotely fun between hot spots. Legends is not even worth talking about. It's a grind fest 

Edited by Malachy

49 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Defensive tag. Mine got there first. Good pvpers don't let the enemy set the battle lol. It's the first time brits have been aggressive in ages, I don't want to discourage that.

Good PVPers dont end up in a situation where they have to defensive tag a bunch of noobs.

• Like 1