Game-Labs Forum
Ganking Simulator

Cant use ships which are "in battle"

Hey, once I die in a battle I can leave the match but I cannot use the ship until the battle is over. Thats stupid because I need to play with that specific ship to progress to the next one since there is only a leveling line and no tree.

So when my Snow is in battle there is no reason to play for example Mercury because I cant unlock other ships with it. Means I have to wait until battle is over...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Hey, once I die in a battle I can leave the match but I cannot use the ship until the battle is over. Thats stupid because I need to play with that specific ship to progress to the next one since there is only a leveling line and no tree.

So when my Snow is in battle there is no reason to play for example Mercury because I cant unlock other ships with it. Means I have to wait until battle is over...

without locking the ship people can just play on, get in queue faster again which makes up for more player vs player battles.

So I only see positives here without locking ships

• Like 4

Having ships locked in battle promotes variety and forces player to show up in different ships.

On another note, is playing the game just an irritating detour on the real meat of the game being... unlocking bigger numbers...?

14 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Without locking it can be that players make continuous suicides to grind xp.

Easy enough to avoid that. Dying without hitting a certain "damage dealt" or "points captured" statistic can result in drastic reduction of rewards. Also helps to reduce AFK'ers.

Personally I think it's far better to have the ships be immediately available for re-queue.

Edited by TheHaney
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Galileus said:

Having ships locked in battle promotes variety and forces player to show up in different ships.

On another note, is playing the game just an irritating detour on the real meat of the game being... unlocking bigger numbers...?

problem is that you need to play the biggest ship you have to unlock the next ship

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Can you please confirm that you left the battle after the notification "You can exit the battle now and start a new one. Rewards will be credited once this battle is over." appeared?

9 minutes ago, slik said:

Can you please confirm that you left the battle after the notification "You can exit the battle now and start a new one. Rewards will be credited once this battle is over." appeared?

yes 100%

I played at least 10 matches today and it happened every time I died early and left the battle (left after I sank and got the message).

3 hours ago, slik said:

После проигранного абордажа пропала часть интерфейса (уши с ХП кораблей точно исчезли, хотя я попереключал камеру с корабля на корабль), я в бою вышел из игры, зашел обратно, сперва мелькнуло окно загрузки какого-то вероятно стороннего боя (по крайней мере я себя не смог увидеть в списке игроков), а после того, как оно исчезло — прогрузился ангар с заблокированным кораблем.

И да, даже при выходе после появления надписи — корабль заблокирован.

Edited by Dennis Moore

Why not make 2 different shiptrees like we had when we had to grind knowledge slots in a tree?

I would understand the argument that devs dont want to have every NA ship in legends tho

On 25/11/2017 at 6:51 PM, slik said:

Confirmed. Ship still locked.

I suggest to modify the ship lock mechanic.

I would have a 20 minutes counter start at the same time as the battle, and decrease as long as the player is alive.

When the player dies, he will have his ship locked for the amount of time remaining in the counter.

If the battle ends before the counter ends, the ship still get unlocked.

This would be much less frustrating when you're in a cutter, and get a full broadside from a 24pd carronade mercury.

On 11/25/2017 at 6:51 PM, slik said:

Hi, I can confirm that as well. Got the message, left battle, went back to my Snow, and it showed still In battle, so i had choice: Choose another ship, or wait it out.