Game-Labs Forum
Released Privateer

Report Players for chat/game abuse

Since we don't have official "report" function in-game yet, I would like to start this topic following @GreatTimo .

Shagarath player rushed to capture circle while everyone wanted to ignore it. I asked him in chat not to capture it, just fight. He started talking about PB, ganking and that is how the game is supposed to work. He started calling his team idiots and insulting. 4 of us followed him into the circle, he ran away from the circle and his team lost. He was flaming us for a couple of minutes in chat. Very toxic behaviour and no respect. Because of him, his team lost after 5 minutes and we got only 33 exp.

nah3Oj.jpg

Edited by Peter Goldman
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

=(+1), plz don't ban me

No, actually you are wrong.  Hierarchy of operations orders the multiplication to be performed first, then the subtraction.

So the answer is -1x2 = -2, then subtract three for a final answer of -5.  Wow do you really disagree that much?

LOL, just sharpshootin' you.  Please don't ban me either !   :lol:    :P

16 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

No, actually you are wrong.  Hierarchy of operations orders the multiplication to be performed first, then the subtraction.

So the answer is -1x2 = -2, then subtract three for a final answer of -5.  Wow do you really disagree that much?

LOL, just sharpshootin' you.  Please don't ban me either !   :lol:    :P

I know the correct answer, that's why I said "plz, don't ban me" lol

ban @Otto Kohl

Edited by Peter Goldman
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Shagarath player rushed to capture circle while everyone wanted to ignore it. I asked him in chat not to capture it, just fight. He started talking about PB, ganking and that is how the game is supposed to work. He started calling his team idiots and insulting. 4 of us followed him into the circle, he ran away from the circle and his team lost. He was flaming us for a couple of minutes in chat. Very toxic behaviour and no respect. Because of him, his team lost after 5 minutes and we got only 33 exp.

Ran into the guy first 3 battles I played, and that was enough for me to mute him. He was complaining and whining about balance/life/everything every single time. Last game, when our team got split and pocket fights started over 2 circles, he decided there was no teamwork - since HE had no numbers advantage - and gave up, cheering enemy team to win. Didn't go overly toxic, but if there are instances where he did, I don't think he can argue it a one-time height of emotions.

37 minutes ago, Galileus said:

Ran into the guy first 3 battles I played, and that was enough for me to mute him. He was complaining and whining about balance/life/everything every single time. Last game, when our team got split and pocket fights started over 2 circles, he decided there was no teamwork - since HE had no numbers advantage - and gave up, cheering enemy team to win. Didn't go overly toxic, but if there are instances where he did, I don't think he can argue it a one-time height of emotions.

we will add the mute button to battle chat

• Like 3

I just had (before server crashed) the exact same thing with the same guy : Shagarath

he insulted me as I fired at him, talking about a "gentleman agreement" to shoot only the IA or something like this.

Like he could choose for me what I have to do in the battle, as ennemy for him.

I sunk his essex with my brand new stock cerberus as he was talking trash all along.

And server crashed a couple of minute later.

Very unpleasant guy, moaning and insulting people all along the game.

Talking as if he rules this game and everyone have to respect his own idiot rules.

Really stupid and unpleasant behavior.

Just ran into this Shagarath guy two times. He complains about MM, does not want to fight, only farm bots and cap circles for fast win. If you engage him, he just runs away shouting at you.

It would be nice to have an ignore function, that also blocks the ignored players to get matched with you.

This probably isnt going to be popular on these forums but i think u guys need to harden up abit,  not everything is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, sometimes people will say things you dont like.
I know this game is a historical sailing game but theres no need for actual historical witchhunts.

A Mute/Block function will solve this nicely.

Edited by BlackAdder
  • Like 1

@BlackAdder

Although I might agree with my Lord Edmond BlackAdder, you must remember that in the Age of Sail people were more sensitive. Especially when their second language at best is English (not written but spoken).

Words and meanings do and often get lost in translation. I myself a middle aged dyed in the wool sexist homophobic white Anglo Saxon male from Yorkshire often receive unwarranted abuse have done exactly what you recommend…

Harden up one has tried, Unpopular yes, I try to be with every narrow minded and short sighted [PvP EU] player that wants a hug while I watch them sink from my boat on legends.

Let the tree huggers drown My Lord,

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

• Like 1

On 25-11-2017 at 2:24 PM, Banished Privateer said:

Since we don't have official "report" function in-game yet, I would like to start this topic following @GreatTimo .

nah3Oj.jpg

Hey! Thanks for posting! I am really happy someone is talking about these things. And, for if I have ever bin mean to you, I am sorry if I have bin mean, I cant controll myself once I get angry because of my Dyscalculie. Once there happens too many things at once.. I cant handle it and get angry.. Its like a other person controlls me then. I have no controll over myself then. Yet, I am very happy you told the community about Shagarath. Thanks! I hope I will see you some more in naval action legends soon! :)