Game-Labs Forum

Hi captains,

me again with another suggestion. Currently the hull repairs are much more expensive than the really cheap (to cheap) repairs at the habours. For me the hull repairs are something you would need to make temporary combat damage repair (CDR). To balance the running costs of ships more to a steady cost instead to, if i have to use hull repairs i lose money, i would make both repair methods completly different.

1. Hull repairs get way cheaper. They no longer repair the ship with the same performance. Every damage you repair only gains 30% of its original strength back. You can repair leaks, masts, etc. If you for example repair your demasted ship, the mast only has 30% strength and can't use full sails on good wind conditions anymore, because of the stress. So you can make a ship sea worthy but not combat ready anymore. Therefore repairing to full hp during battle is no more.

2. Habour repairs are now essential. Therefore they become much more expensive. If your ship repaired with hull repairs, they won't be counted for the harbour repair (these patchworks have to get removed anyway). I would calculate cost as follows: cost for a new  stripped ship = 100% -> for every 1% damage you need to get repaired you pay 1.1% (yes repairing is more expansive than new). This would still be viable except your ship is completly garbage (5% hull left...)

3. Repair your ship yourself at a shipyard. Dependend on what is damaged an how much the needed ressources and manhours are calculated.

4. Let an ally repair it for you. Same conditions as 3. except he wants to make profit.

Edited by MasterBurte