Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcement Zones PVP1/2

Dear esteemed developers, (yes, lil Willy is helping my with my elocution)

It has come to my attention that the size of the reinforcement zones becomes problematic in areas where territorial capitols are too close together, (i.e.) the East Coast of the U.S.
The overlap of the reinforcement zones there makes hitting ships impossible except in two, narrow, corridors just north and just south of Charelston. US shipping on the remainder of the coast is utterly immune to attack.

Please consider giving olde Pete a nice Christmas present by reducing the size of these zones so that they don't overlap. 
Make Pyracy great Again!

Yarrr,
Pagan Pete

• Like 5

I'd go so far as to say that all reinforcement zones are too big. Having only experienced the Danish and Swedish zones lately, however, I'll only attest to them being very much detrimental to traditional privateering business, effectively including 5-7 ports within proximity of both Gustavia and Christiansted, thereby making safe pretty much all the basic material production and hauling for these nations, and banishing hunting to the outermost fringes of both Danish and Swedish waters. As if the forts weren't enough of a deterrent already... (At least they make more sense than having a private zombie-fleet at your disposal, to summon out of the blue).

• Like 5

Just now, admin said:

all reinforcement zones are of the same size

That maybe, but it does not appear that way.

The US zone is long, and doesnt have to go around anything.  It spans the whole coast of South Carolina and into North Carolina and part of Georgia.  

While the Spanish zone, covers most of north western Cuba.

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

You have to shift center point on some of them. 

the center point is and uncapturable port and every uncapturable port has an equal reinforcement zone around it. it does not matter if it is a capital or not.
some nations have a lot of ports, some two, some none.

1 minute ago, Demsity said:

Has been requested many times, yet still not provided.

maybe you can draw it? i am sure the community will appreciate :)

2 minutes ago, admin said:

the center point is and uncapturable port and every uncapturable port has an equal reinforcement zone around it. it does not matter if it is a capital or not.
some nations have a lot of ports, some two, some none.

maybe you can draw it? i am sure the community will appreciate :)

Can you provide us some rough picture and I will be glad to draw it. 

Edited by George Washington

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

Can you provide us some rough picture and I will be glad to do it. 

You can sail to any protected port and point the location where the reinforcement area ends (by marking the spot on the coast). This radius is the same for all uncapturable ports.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Maybe you can draw it? i am sure the community will appreciate :)

If I had the exact diameter in cm I could.

But riddle me this, why is this not provided? Is there a reason to keep the zones hidden (from a map that is)?

2 minutes ago, Demsity said:

But riddle me this, why is this not provided? Is there a reason to keep the zones hidden (from a map that is)?

The games are made for playing - you can find that by playing. I am sure community chart makers can draw nice reinforcement zones maps and figure out how to make them.

1 hour ago, Pagan Pete said:

It has come to my attention that the size of the reinforcement zones becomes problematic in areas where territorial capitols are too close together, (i.e.) the East Coast of the U.S.
The overlap of the reinforcement zones there makes hitting ships impossible except in two, narrow, corridors just north and just south of Charelston. US shipping on the remainder of the coast is utterly immune to attack.

anyways the answer is 
the zone size is determined by the number of uncapturable ports.. not by any other choice. 

the zone will shrink if number of uncapturable ports will shrink 

Just now, George Washington said:

To those who are puzzled how to calculate distance. Sail to Puerto de Nipe, measure distance and compare it to land shape. Use that data to the rest of ports. Easy. 

yes. sail along coast and point the spot.. this radius is same for all ports 

41 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Reinforcement zones should protect players only to the certain rank or ship class. Sad to say, but as they are now - its total bullshit.

100% agreed. max rank players in 1st rates shouldn't be able to hide inside reinforcement zones. The cutoff should be somewhere around Master and Commander... by that point, new players should have a handle on the game. 

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the reinforcement zones buffed for new players if something like is was implemented. But as long as max-ranked carebears are protected, I have to agree with @Pagan Pete

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 4

lul.png.453ae2b672d82d6b008065f06d716db4.pngtf.png.c9f788c4f41d83e135051cfead9fd8e0.png

I'm pretty sure reinforcement zones are not the same size :huh: GB has 10 ports and US has 10 ports but GB reinforcement zone overlap each other such as most nations. US can sail down their entire coast without worrying because they get reinforcements or a town/tower every few minutes away. FIX PLS

• Like 1

So much whining... I must join!

Since Commonwealth zone is non-existent, we get a lot of PvP without having to seach for it - which is great. We can activate new players quickly now, as if they don't cooperate, they sink.

Please nerf reinforcement zone of Commonwealth! If you could make this an anti-reinforcement zone, I think we could get even more PvP. You could eg. allow for an attacker to call in reinforcements when near Commonwealth towns.

I would also appreciate if you could remove Prussia and Russia from the game, they steal our battles...

1 hour ago, Lord Gud said:

lul.png.453ae2b672d82d6b008065f06d716db4.pngtf.png.c9f788c4f41d83e135051cfead9fd8e0.png

I'm pretty sure reinforcement zones are not the same size :huh: GB has 10 ports and US has 10 ports but GB reinforcement zone overlap each other such as most nations. US can sail down their entire coast without worrying because they get reinforcements or a town/tower every few minutes away. FIX PLS

Unless we can rewrite historical port locations then it could be fixed, other than that you can't make zones too small as there were towers and forts that protected the coast. Let's agree US coast is well protected from pirates go hunt other nations. 

You are suggesting to remove towers and forts and reduce zones? I see what you are trying to do here. Won't happen. Try to gank near distant US capped ports and not home waters. 

We should mark this post as #cryformoregank. Even considering your suggestion would drive players away from this game when your gank squads camp populated areas that provide some numbers in NA. 

Edited by George Washington