Game-Labs Forum

UG Civil War’s Future

CSX4451

Figured I’d make its own thread incase the developers come here from time to time. Hopefully I’m not alone and the responses will show them the interest is there.

I for one got every pennies worth of my money on this great game. I hoping the updates and added material are for from over but no doubt I would gladly pay for future additional battles, both large and small, that would be added to the original game. There are so many battles that could make the campaign of UG-CW even batter and give the game a even longer term playability . 

Im sure I’m not the only one who would easily purchase further addons to this great game..... that clearly has so much more to offer. Heck.... I’d easily pay again what I already paid for the original game to add further content. There is no doubt money to be made here and the ability to make a great game even greater!!!!!!

• Like 1

There are also a few things that I'd like to see cleaned up on this game, I won't go into them now, but I take it from the recent post by @Nick Thomadis, I think the game is pretty much done in the view of the developers.

I'd like to see a revisit or two, but I get the strong sense of decision in that above mentioned post that time spent on UGCW is done.

That may very well be the case but seems pretty short sighted if you ask me.... which no one has!!!! Lol. The hard work is really done.... all that has to be done is program additional battles and possibly a few tweaks here and there. The coding and development is already completed so this would be no different then the added battles/ updates after the initial realease but instead of being free or part of the initial purchase these would be bought as an complete separate addition/ adding to the original game. Seems like pretty easy money really.... I’m guessing 75% of those who purchased the game would pay for the additional content. Maybe I’m wrong but after much reading here I feel pretty confident that would be a realistic number.

just hate to see it end I guess when so much more could be done. 

On 11/19/2017 at 3:27 PM, CSX4451 said:

Figured I’d make its own thread incase the developers come here from time to time. Hopefully I’m not alone and the responses will show them the interest is there.

I for one got every pennies worth of my money on this great game. I hoping the updates and added material are for from over but no doubt I would gladly pay for future additional battles, both large and small, that would be added to the original game. There are so many battles that could make the campaign of UG-CW even batter and give the game a even longer term playability . 

Im sure I’m not the only one who would easily purchase further addons to this great game..... that clearly has so much more to offer. Heck.... I’d easily pay again what I already paid for the original game to add further content. There is no doubt money to be made here and the ability to make a great game even greater!!!!!!

And just like CSX4451 said, I couldn't agree more. Excellent game, in depth, strategic and fun. I would pay for more content hands down. But since for the Devs the game is finished and it seems that they are going to focus on the next game, whether is a sequel or a complete different era all together, I am sure we all will be looking and waiting. But, just out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea on what the next game will be?

Edited by i64man

UG Napoleon, would be most interesting. Not to mention the wealth of battles starting from the Italian and African campaigns, the Russian invasion, and just all the battles across Europe and then there is the naval component that goes with UG Napoleon.

Honestly this game is done, it's great, it's fun, i'ts enough to be enjoyed... Rather than painstakingly making marginal improvements to please customers who already bought it, might as well expand on all they have learnt and build the next game !

I am sure the devs would be fine providing a patch if some players prepare it I suppose, but I think they now have other plans in mind and other things to do : This game is done, beautifully so, and it's time to work on the next one with all lessons learnt from this one !

I would be really nice if they ever revisit this to possibly add a campaign map similar to say the Total war series, only in "real Time" similar to the battlefield of UGCW. It would certainly add replayability since the player would decided where and when to engage in battle, with Cavalry and Skirmishers coming into their own as scouting forces on the world map.

i met darth in a forum of a game saga and always trust the quality of their work,we already know what the AI of that game saga is like and they only improve it by making it cheat.

the AI of ultimate general is a decent AI, no cheating and I hope to try this last patch and see if it has improved even more.

I liked this game, it has many immersive aspects such as the recruitment system, the historical weapons, the equipment, the historical battles in the campaign, the many generals with their historical portraits and most importantly a decent AI without cheat,

negative aspects, I would have liked both the AI and the human player had those troops, equipment and recruitment, in a very detailed strategic map of the conflict zone, with industrial areas, strategic as ferry harpers to make weapons, manpower something as well as ageod games and also that there were different types of historical uniforms and in the recruitment you can see the historical emblems of units like the iron brigade, the tigers of louisiana among many other historical units, then the game would be perfect.

i hope to see a napoleon or even another time of pica and musket as the English civil war but already in a dynamic strategic map, of course with a battle sound wraparound and immersive battle sound,where the AI and the human player handle their armies freely and why not find historical battle to rid them that give points of victory or remove them if the player is defeated, with historical units and see the color and variety of the different types of uniforms on the battlefield, would give much more immersion, depth and historicity to the game.

Edited by anibal barca

On 12/2/2017 at 9:49 PM, Shadowarrior said:

Personally I would love to see  "Ultimate General: Western frontier" or "Custer's last ride" . maybe a DLC or something. 

Ehhhh, not sure we really need a game about the US massacring native people except for a couple times where US troops were vastly outnumbered. That wouldn't make a fun game, IMO, and it would feel a little scummy to me.

If you want a war that involves native american units, I think 1812 would be a lot more interesting. 

3 hours ago, asmallcat said:

Ehhhh, not sure we really need a game about the US massacring native people except for a couple times where US troops were vastly outnumbered. That wouldn't make a fun game, IMO, and it would feel a little scummy to me.

If you want a war that involves native american units, I think 1812 would be a lot more interesting. 

Plus, it would be a completely different game in scope and detail.  The war in the West was very much a small unit thing- IIR Custer only had 2 companies of the 7th Cav with him at Little Big Horn.  So 1 or 2 skirmisher units in game terms. 

Same problem with American Revolution or War of 1812.  Overall the battles were small.  A "big" army in those conflicts was 10,000 men.  That's 1 or 2 divisions in UG:CW terms.  Maybe they could make the base unit a company or regiment, but like I said that would be a different game.

7 years war, Napoleonic, or late 19th century, would be the 3 main candidates that I think would be most suitable for this engine. Probably Napoleonic for most variety and market appeal.

4 hours ago, i64man said:

On the subject of the UG topic, does anyone would know or have an idea when the announcement on which is the next game would be made?

No one does but they asked on Facebook if people would prefer Napoleon or Revolutionary war, so either of those seem likely. 

I would like to see some more options and rebalances for this game:

-Ability for infantry to go into prone or kneeling position to hide in deep grass or reduce losses from artilery;

-Ability to build some brestworks in forrested area within about half an hour at least;

-Ability to separate brigades into smaller regiments.They should be able to move faster and easier to form a line,but weaker in morale and firepower than large brigades.For example 2,500 brigades could be separated into 4 or 5 regiments,but only if you form that setup between the battles so you can't just separate it into what number you need;

-Destructible walls,fences and brestworks.They can be heavily damaged by artilery,thus decreasing overall protection they offer,but with ability to be somewhat repaired by infantry that mans them (by some 25% within one hour for example);

-Visually represented flags of units;

-Enemy being capable of detaching skirmishers.Too much often I was able to easily delay much larger enemy force by simply detaching mine skirmishers and force heavy casualties on him;

That's it for now,I'l update this later.

Would also love to see a Ultimate General Crimean War game or perhaps an add-on / DLC. Would be great to see battles fought between Russia, France, England and the Ottomans. Would be nice to see tactics and weapons pre Civil War. Really interesting since there i only few years between the wars.

• Like 1

The advantage of UG:C is that its very compact in terms of there only being two factions, and basically fought over relatively small area.

My fear for a napoleonic version of this game is that the Napoleonic wars would be a much bigger undertaking with multiple nations and fought over multiple regions. Unless the team focus on a specific campaigns. The Peninsular campaign in particular comes to mind. more than anything I'd love to use this game engine to take charge of Wellingtons army and re-fight Salamanca, Vittoria etc.

6 hours ago, Speedkermit said:

The advantage of UG:C is that its very compact in terms of there only being two factions, and basically fought over relatively small area.

My fear for a napoleonic version of this game is that the Napoleonic wars would be a much bigger undertaking with multiple nations and fought over multiple regions. Unless the team focus on a specific campaigns. The Peninsular campaign in particular comes to mind. more than anything I'd love to use this game engine to take charge of Wellingtons army and re-fight Salamanca, Vittoria etc.

That would be a good way of doing it for UG:N. Lots of DLC potential there as well.