Game-Labs Forum

Change to BR attack limits

I am getting tired of being denied PvP battles because my BR is too low. The Prince is my favorite open world hunting ship, the only downside is it cannot attack 4th rates (including Indiaman) or higher. I understand that a 6th rate shouldn't be able to attack 25 line ships, but attacking 1 Wasa is completely different. Can we find some middle ground here?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Capn Rocko said:

Sorry I misread your post at first. The ratio appears to be 1 ship class above the ship you are sailing. For example, the biggest ship a 6th rate can attack is a 5th rate

I dont think thats how it works; it used to be max 5x BR you can attack, but since they added the exponential curve in BR needed to attack bigger fleets I'm not sure anymore

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, the restriction was added to prevent small ships from screening port battle fleets. If that is the sole purpose, then I certainly think there is room for adjustment here.

Without clarification from the developers, it's hard to tell their true intentions. 

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

For an individual ship it has to be within 100BR. 

So if you are a lone Snow/Prince/Brig, with a BR of 50, you can only tag up to 150BR. 

I could tag 2 surps vs my 1 before (280 v 140) and im pretty sure i could have tagged more, even a lone 1st rate 650 br.

I appreciate all the input but it seems we do not yet have a definitive answer.  I don't think it has anything to do with class vs class.  There has to be a set numerical ratio so that it would apply to 1 ship vs 1 ship or any number ships vs any number of ships.  I have heard 1-3 or 1-4 or 1-5.  Another way to say that is to attack something you need AT LEAST 1/3 or 1/4 or 1/5 of their BR number.  The answer above about being "within 100 BR" would certainly simplify any calculating you would have to do and that would be a great answer if true.  Wish a Dev would see this and give a correct answer.

Edited by Kolakhan
  • Like 1

So, instead of two or more ships needed to grief a 4th rate you want it to be one? I am completely opposed to this notion. 6th rates are already abused. If the 4th rate wants to waste his time he can tag you. I'm not your content :) 

Also, snows are worthless in amount of pvp marks for time invested in killing them. Until they give the same marks for time invested as say a frigate or another 4th rate, I don't think they should be able to attack anything larger than a 5th rate.

Edited by Malachy